Sign in to follow this  
RedLeg

Games should be fun. Not a second job.

Love this game concept.  Played it non stop PvP for 2 months it has a lot to offer and explore.

Modular ship blueprints are great for noobs like me.  Makes it easy to have a decent ship preloaded with cannons.  Great idea for solo and small companies to compete.

But... all you see is Cogs everywhere.  And the occasional sloop.

Suggestions to make game more fun :

1.  Every company should get one free small armored dock to keep a ship safe.   It's easy enough to lose a ship to SOD or another pvp player at sea.   I think you retain player base better if gamers can log in and game... instead of just grinding to build a new ship everyday that gets sunk while you sleep.

2. Every company should get one permanent claim tower.  A permanent claim to call home.  I think you retain player base better and keep new players from quitting because someone else simply places a claim tower and claims everything while you sleep.

That's all.   Games should be fun for everyone that buys it.  Not directed towards a large company meta because face it,  people are not that great and big companies are ignorant to and do not accept "settlements" on "their island" (yep... the entire island).

I would love to see more of your beautiful modular ship designs sailing around but unfortunately its just not feasible for most of your player base to keep a ship like that safe while they sleep.

- RedLeg -

P.S.  putting the create new pathfinder button right beside the bed spawn button is a really bad place.  Thats why i am quitting this game until next wipe.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:45 AM, RedLeg said:

Suggestions to make game more fun :

P.S.  putting the create new pathfinder button right beside the bed spawn button is a really bad place.  Thats why i am quitting this game until next wipe.

Well you got this right after 2 month playing. Hopefully the Devs learn from this. For starters it's obvious to go with the earliest available ship which is currently the Cog. But it offers you only 2x2 cannons and a decent weight capacity. I found a mystical BP with 5 sail points, so you can potentialy place a large sail and a small one on it. It can be used to offline raid bases and ships close to the beach.

1. The armored docks where made expensive to avoid their spamming... but of course that's not great for beginners. With a reduced gold cost for beginners of even 1 for free this could be solved... BUT... the PvP comunity will abuse this with second accounts, or single man company etc. So what ever the Devs do in this direction it will be exploited some how. As the ships now do not cost dolg anymore(which I at least prefer for the Shooner) the gold sink is reduced quite drastically for big companys... the just need to safe money for the high quality shipyard(2-3 Mio gold) That's quite insane to get level 60 ships now.... lot's of gold for simply a few levels advantage. Still may worth it with the catapult ship (max)level meta.

2. Unfortunately the claim towers don't give any offline protection. It would be great if you could set a peace timer for the claimed area and all structures + green anchored ships in this area. Not for Players and Tames. It should be only a small area to protect max the range of a warehouse with 3-4-5 connected farms. Based on the Player amount in the company it could vary. 1 Player = 20h protection, 4h combat time. >10 Players max reduction to 16h peace time. The amount of claim Towers per island should be reduced to max ~10 + ~3 sea towers. Now the global counter is more easy to programm but allows much more claims on one island. Again this could be abused with a second company settling next to each other... PvP Players will find their way to every exploit xD.

3. This button is a feature to troll all Players who don't know how it works. You click it an start from 0 again...all progress lost. Well it's not funny and most likely a known bug since the beginning of this game. But the UI is hopefully a place holder and will be improved in the future... after they start fixing the major bugs.

PS: Loosing modular ships is very easy because of a bug that destroys the ship sometimes if a module gets down to 0 HP. Also the repair system is broken for modular ships. You have to fight SotD broadside with those which is also not *great* fun.

Thankyou for addressing this issue.  It is very important to retain noob players in an MMO otherwise things get stale.  New players are fun.

This is the trend i see in almost all posts.  Everyone is more worried about how the game affects large company playstyle.  Or how a large company would exploit a fix that would save thousands of noobs.

#nooblivesmatter

• Like 1

That's the reason my family plays on 4 player hosted.. Ike you mentioned on server you loose everything if you have a job in rl and can't babysit your stuff. Unfortunately this weekend we had a rude player hop on our "private" 4 player family game, while 1 player was off. And wreck stuff before we caught him, so now that's not even safe. Hard to have fun when feel game is geared towards online players who have no job or ban together in large companies. Doesn't leave much consideration for chill players wanting to relax and adventure at our own pace.

I play solo on official pvp.

So i started a new character on PvP again and it took me 2 weeks to save up enough gold to buy an armored dock.  That's not so bad after all and it was an extremely rewarding feeling to finally set it in place.  I discovered that solo players and small companies can keep gold and other resource inside shipyards.

No one blows up shipyards.  They could but it would take a few thousand cannon balls so it is a very viable solution for players like me to get established.  Use a sextant and sail around for sunken shipwrecks  (sneaking skill makes underwater creatures ignore you).

In this way we can all work at our own pace after real life stuff is taken care of.  I should add that I live in rookie cove where the abusive claim tower system is not a thing.

I recommend PvP if you have a family crew.  It is fun and rewarding to knock out a trolling player and stuck his head in a gibbet.

Edited by RedLeg
Add on