Sign in to follow this  
Gorelander

Misery Loves Company

Atlas is on sale for ~$10 on Steam.  I gifted a friend in hopes that he will play this game with me.  Misery loves company ... or companies.  Kidding.

For $10 I think the game would be worth trying.

Edited by Gorelander

7 hours ago, Gorelander said:

Atlas is on sale for ~$10 on Steam.  I gifted a friend in hopes that he will play this game with me.  Misery loves company ... or companies.  Kidding.

For $10 I think the game would be worth trying.

The sad part is I have heard a lot of stories about people buying multiple copies so their friends or family would play with them. So I think the official sales numbers of atlas are very skewed as well since if someone isn’t a die hard fan of atlas they usually don’t stick around for that long.

people have to really be into the game to stick through the bugs crashes and wipes.

If you start this game and try to figure out lots of stuff, quests and explore the different islands biomes you can easy get to 500+ hours in PVE... and you may not have build a mystical ship etc. So yes, for 10$ it is worth. If you have some friends or make some in the game it can be even better, because then you can do the big thing like Dragons, Hydras, Kraken and Into the Ice. Some of them are possible solo but not for beginners. Many AAA titles want have more playtime than 100-200 hours. Of course in Atlas it also depends on the grinding and multiplayer servers. On PvP Server you will have to start new every few days or weeks when somebody "raided" you. 2 years ago you had a discount down to 3€...