Sign in to follow this  
Gorelander

What do you love about Atlas that keeps you coming back?

A Christmas inspired post...

Despite the bugs, what do you like about the game that keeps you coming back to play?

For me, I love sandboxing/ building bases and boats. The creativity of it all.  The sense of adventure of taking your newly built boat for a cruise and exploring new islands.  On the whole, the world is quite beautiful and immersive.

• I think they've done a good job on the islands.  Some of them are very interesting and make you want to explore them.
  • The musical buffing is a really neat idea how you have to play music in real-time.  As a musician I appreciate this.
  • The skill trees can be quite interesting to try.
  • Being able to custom build your ships makes it much more fun than pre-made ships compared to Sea of Thieves.
  • The mechanics of ship piloting is fun, and I like that you can hire crew to help you pilot them if you prefer to solo.  I just wish I could keep them from starving when I log off lol.
  • Building mechanics has been significantly improved from ark, especially with the snap feature (Q).
  • The sea is quite well done with the white caps/ swells etc.  There's something soothing about sailing in this game.

How about the rest of you?

Edited by Gorelander
  • Like 3

On 12/25/2021 at 11:34 PM, Gorelander said:

A Christmas inspired post...

Despite the bugs, what do you like about the game that keeps you coming back to play?

[...]

It's quite the same for me. I like the idea of survival game play with a harsh environment(snakes, tigers, lions - golden age etc.). I also like to stay alife in this game keeping the vitamins up. But for hardcore PvP this mechanics do not matter of course. The first maybe 1000 hours of this game is pure exploring of new stuff... many did not kill the kraken or Yeti Boss in their first 1000 hours. Thats insane and shows the variety of the game. Of course this feeling stops when you build your third harbor and base, your 10th mystic ship and so on. The SotD farming is quite interesting for a long time as well(ifthey had better loot table andrebalance the BPs)... or your first whale kills with a special build ship for this task.

But after those exploring 1000 hours you may face the bugs, search the exploits and stress every feature of the game to it's limits. And that's the point where I always stopped on PvP Servers... when it makes you sick in real life to keep it going 24/7... in the night, when you are at work...

What brings me back now is only the hope that new Devs may start fixing the game, fixing the new features like market, farmhouses, trading, modular ships... I just want to see if they further ignore community feedback or if they will make the game better. If they will change the Islands with reduced mountain heights or a natural harbor bay for every islands... or just make new "maps" with the same old islands. If they can improve the lawless claim system, add some lawless offline protection.

I really don't want to get back to this game for the toxic griefers that where all around. I mean you even have ingame VoiP and chat but there is no roll play... no way somebody accepts your surrender or just want to play a fair fight. Red = Dead is something that is very bad for the Player amount. Kids that troll around because they can't stand a loss. The game should bring you out on the sea... but it's most time Land combat about griefing and trolling others.

• Like 1