Sign in to follow this  
Bootstrap

Let's Just Have Fun While We Can

Yes, there are bugs in this game that have existed since it's inception. Yes, the majority of the player base is unhappy with the current state of the game. Yes, sometimes it seems like the Development Group for this game is utterly incompetent at their jobs. And, yes, they are going to wipe this game again, and again, and again in the future. I, and the group of friends that I play with, found it easier to deal with this game when we finally stopped fighting the fact that it is probably never going to be  completely bug-free and just started having fun. We know the game is as buggy as crap, but we still enjoy building bases, building boats, taming and breeding animals, and working on achievements. We don't get stressed out when something doesn't work as intended. We just get together and determine whether or not it's a deal breaker. If it is, then we stop playing and migrate to other games that make us happier. If it isn't, we accept it and keep playing. It really is that easy. If the game makes you so upset that you want to come to the forums and rant and rave and vent profanities about the Development Group, then maybe you should just play a different game that makes you happier.

This game is in a pretty sad state right now, but we still enjoy playing it when we can. If you've never participated in the Community Driven Trade Event, check it out on EITC's island in G4 (Central Region). The Trade Event can be boring at times, but there are some great people who participate. Tamed and Bred animals are traded and sold, there are fun community driven activities, and usually a raffle to give away great prizes.

I've found that it's usually the people that you are playing with that make a game fun, not the game itself.

Totally agree with you. yes at start this game is really fun and always you gonna  have an hope that ahh its  EA at moment and soon all fixed but then time will pass like that was for me in official 1980 hours in private networks almost same more. 

So why we are here in forums and talking about how bad how broken ? that's why we have forums  or im wrong ? And if we all gonna be like ahh its a game lets chill. Then developer sees only green light for going BS what they doing at moment.

Again yes i'm agree  game can be broken and  full of bugs and if you have many friends to play that broken thing then it's fun 🙂 But now think about what developer says if you read patch notes?!. There's like thons of fixes what you really never gonna see and mostly new season aka wipe is for money grabbing and alot more broken content. and that's why  we so called bad people Black Knight's are here to cry and tell that something is wrong in this picture dear developer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hexaron said:

Totally agree with you. yes at start this game is really fun and always you gonna  have an hope that ahh its  EA at moment and soon all fixed but then time will pass like that was for me in official 1980 hours in private networks almost same more. 

So why we are here in forums and talking about how bad how broken ? that's why we have forums  or im wrong ? And if we all gonna be like ahh its a game lets chill. Then developer sees only green light for going BS what they doing at moment.

Again yes i'm agree  game can be broken and  full of bugs and if you have many friends to play that broken thing then it's fun 🙂 But now think about what developer says if you read patch notes?!. There's like thons of fixes what you really never gonna see and mostly new season aka wipe is for money grabbing and alot more broken content. and that's why  we so called bad people Black Knight's are here to cry and tell that something is wrong in this picture dear developer.

This is a very good response hex. Though some come to rant it is very important to let the developers know when they are not doing a good job. You are right, if we don’t say anything and just deal with it like the other guy said then they devs will just get away with unprofessional behavior and continue off course and mess the game up even further.

@Bootstrap hello, I am glad that you and your friends are having fun and basically implementing the serenity prayer of accepting the things you cannot change. Everyone has fun with atlas at some point and you are right that when the game makes you that mad it is probably time to go to another game. However I think of you just want to accept what is going to I would other to you that maybe the forums isn’t a place for you.

this is a place to discuss the game and when the game is in bad shape and the developers are not doing a good job that is what gets talked about and it really doesn’t matter if someone doesn’t want to see it. So I feel for you but taking your own advice and not being here might be the better option for you if you don’t like the content. Just saying.

• Thanks 1

I understand where the OP is coming from to a degree.  I try to have fun with this game up until some bug causes me to lose everything then I'll give it up for a few months and try again when a significant patch comes out.   Rinse and repeat.

On the other hand, the developers need to be held accountable for a game we payed for.  This is not a free to play game although maybe it should have been and which would have been more tolerable.   They have a tendency not to be very communicative with their community so this is unfortunately how our points have to be made.

I can't speak for everyone, but my biggest source of frustration is with the fact that this game has SO MUCH POTENTIAL but is getting squandered away with poor decision making and not fixing the bugs.  This game could be amazing and so much fun if they would just listen to their community and focus on fixing bugs and making a great pirate adventure sailing game. 

• Like 1