Sign in to follow this  
Gorelander

Wait ... what?? Ships and Shipyard Changes?

Before the last patch I could make a shipyard and a sloop that I could build upon.  After the wipe I built a basic shipyard (the only one that doesn't cost coin) and all I can build is a Carrack?

I tried the carrack.  It sucks.   You can't put a diving platform on it which cuts out a major source of income to get to the next tier shipyard.  Plus it's ugly and turns like the SS Titanic.  

The other problem is I can't move the sails and the ship wheel close together so I can solo the ship.  I have to do this because I don't want crew to starve due to the fact that that I have to log on practically each day IRL to feed them.

I abandoned the carrack and customized my ramshackle sloop with a diving platform.  It's much more capable than the crappy carrack which by the way, turns like the SS Titanic.

So far I'm not liking the pre-made ships.  There's something much more satisfying about building a ship from scratch, watching it fill in from a skeleton and getting to test drive your design.  

Some players might like this concept.  Hopefully they will allow both.

Edited by Gorelander

Hello

First heres 3 type of shipyards now. so if you want build schooner or sloop you need small shipyard  Galleon and briga Large shipyard and modular ships have basic shipyard and advanced shipyard.

Carrack have to be in shipyard to add diving rack. I tested carrack and wow its so bugged crap like other modular ones, but  with 3 large speed sails it can get so fast, better than schooner lol but turning speed is so slow and wow i can forget animals cause its bugged i can't move tames on board normal way.

Edited by Hexaron

12 hours ago, Hexaron said:

Hello

Carrack have to be in shipyard to add diving rack. 

I tried putting on a diving rack when it was in dock and it wouldn't take it.  Maybe I had to fiddle with it more - not sure.