Sign in to follow this  
Bobothewizard

I tried, i really did.

Had a good base with a market all going well, made some lawless claim flags and jumped in my ship headed out of rookie cove to start some where else. After 6 hours of searching and crashing, i mean constantly crashing on my series S. I could not find a place to setup a single market place / farm house to start trading, thats what i like to do.

So thats it im done. Cant do it anymore. Might try a private server or single player but doutful. Good luck all.

5 hours ago, Bobothewizard said:

Had a good base with a market all going well, made some lawless claim flags and jumped in my ship headed out of rookie cove to start some where else. After 6 hours of searching and crashing, i mean constantly crashing on my series S. I could not find a place to setup a single market place / farm house to start trading, thats what i like to do.

So thats it im done. Cant do it anymore. Might try a private server or single player but doutful. Good luck all.

Dude, you should have known that anytime there is a wipe you need to leave rookie cove within an hour, not a day and not several days but 1 hour if you want a chance at grabbing land. 

even if you wait a day on pvp and you try going to lawless, all of the other players will already be built up and easily wipe you repeatedly.

on pve it is just as bad. You take more than a day and there are structures spammed everywhere and you still won’t be able to build.

if you didn’t know that then I feel bad for you. If you already had that knowledge, then I don’t feel bad for you. You WILL sacrifice your life to this game or you WILL leave the game. Only two options.

• Like 1

Imagine if Atlas had the original player base it used to.  Nobody would find anything.  We would assume that Atlas' goal is to increase the player base so this is an inherent problem with their game design.  It's these choices that lead them to inevitable failure. 

I almost think they need to give up the whole land claim domination/ hoarding game paradigm and just stick to being an exciting adventure pirate game.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's what people are looking for when they buy this game.  I know I am.

When you think of exploring the seas and coming across islands, you wouldn't expect every single square foot of land being overpopulated.  If I wanted that I can just look at real life.  It would be more exciting to find deserted islands instead.

Assuming that they changed directions and wanted to forgo the world domination aspect, maybe they should simply allow one base per cell per company?  Even still I think that wouldn't be enough to free up space for new players.

They need to have room for new players to settle, and they shouldn't have to travel for hours real time in their shitty ramshackle sloops to find it.

4 hours ago, Gorelander said:

Imagine if Atlas had the original player base it used to.  Nobody would find anything.  We would assume that Atlas' goal is to increase the player base so this is an inherent problem with their game design.  It's these choices that lead them to inevitable failure. 

I almost think they need to give up the whole land claim domination/ hoarding game paradigm and just stick to being an exciting adventure pirate game.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's what people are looking for when they buy this game.  I know I am.

When you think of exploring the seas and coming across islands, you wouldn't expect every single square foot of land being overpopulated.  If I wanted that I can just look at real life.  It would be more exciting to find deserted islands instead.

Assuming that they changed directions and wanted to forgo the world domination aspect, maybe they should simply allow one base per cell per company?  Even still I think that wouldn't be enough to free up space for new players.

They need to have room for new players to settle, and they shouldn't have to travel for hours real time in their shitty ramshackle sloops to find it.

They should have done factions. Even if people don’t like factions, having multiple factions would be better than what they did.

factions would have also allowed pvp and pve to be together because mainlands would be pve areas.

23 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

They should have done factions. Even if people don’t like factions, having multiple factions would be better than what they did.

factions would have also allowed pvp and pve to be together because mainlands would be pve areas.

For sure.  As you know I suggested factions in this post in case others want to see my ideas:

I think factions would make things quite interesting and fun personally.  However, I think they need to get the core of the game working properly first.

3 hours ago, Gorelander said:

For sure.  As you know I suggested factions in this post in case others want to see my ideas:

I think factions would make things quite interesting and fun personally.  However, I think they need to get the core of the game working properly first.

Yes, I fully agree they should get things running first before they try it. For some reason even if this new dev company is trying to make things right they are still failing because the main thing that needs to be fixed is all of the bugs.

I assure you I was the first one to make the factions idea from almost day one. Everyone thought I was crazy because they thought atlas would be good. I know these old devs and I knew it would not be good from the start.

we will see if they are just as inept as the others.

10 hours ago, Gorelander said:

yeah, clearly this developers havent played many games, there needs to be some sort of team balancing if you dont want the game to be killed by its own players, imagine playing a football match as "11 vs 3" so it confuses me how can they not have the common sense needed to see megas are a huge mistake.

• Like 1