Cap'n Skitzo

Make Crossplay Optional or remove it Altogether

First off, I agree with many here that believe that we need solutions to the current issues within the game (some persisting from day one, if not even earlier) before creating new potential problems. Or perhaps the intention is to fix all once changes are finalized. The latter course, in my honest opinion, is a certain path to the utter death of this game as many players have already "abandoned ship" because of these alone. The fluctuation of functionality in the maps are of most prevalent concern. Another major point of note is the inability of a great many non-pc players (myself included most recently) to actually participate in the game due to issues specific to console, and of which not even powerful next gen consoles seem immune. This brings me to the crux of this post, crossplay. I've seen quite a few posts from the console gaming community (as, I'm sure, have you all) complaining about putting countless hours into the game only to find they are suddenly unable to play because someone on pc with superior graphics and processing capabilities decided to build a game crashing super structure right next door, or a "lag trap" at the shore of an island which again crashes the game and allows the destruction of their ship without any chance whatsoever for a console player to defend themselves or evade the onslaught. I fully realize that not all pc players utilize this advantage, and to them I'm grateful. Many more, however, happily use that advantage to easily profit from the ever dwindling  console community. These players are why I propose for the purposes of fair and more even gaming the separation of pc and console  gaming by way of crossplay being either limited to a specific server or eliminated altogether.