Sign in to follow this  
Rene BoB

Great TIP for devs :)

Hi Devs,

Your game is dieing, and it's all your fault. Here is 1 tip that will get u back on track!

Stop developing new content and focus on fixing the problems the game still has! There is no need to bring in a new update (therefor new problems) while the problems from last updates have not been fixed yet! 😄

All you do is wipe, wipe and wipe. Every wipe u have fewer players playing your game. DO u have shit for brains? FIX your problems befor u bring in a new major update. USE YOUR FUCKING BRAINS. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rene BoB said:

Stop developing new content THAT NO ONE ASKED FOR and focus on fixing the problems the game still has!

FTFY 😉 The original map fe was fine. It was part of what made Atlas. The current map with the bottlenecks makes it feel like you cruise around in your bath tub.

4 hours ago, Rene BoB said:

Hi Devs,

Your game is dieing, and it's all your fault. Here is 1 tip that will get u back on track!

Stop developing new content and focus on fixing the problems the game still has! There is no need to bring in a new update (therefor new problems) while the problems from last updates have not been fixed yet! 😄

All you do is wipe, wipe and wipe. Every wipe u have fewer players playing your game. DO u have shit for brains? FIX your problems befor u bring in a new major update. USE YOUR FUCKING BRAINS. 

You forgot that they keep changing the map even though nobody asked for it. White knights think they are trying something new. What they are really doing is just doing easy things like changing the map because they are too retarded to actually fix anything that is broken. When you can’t fix just add lmao

god these guys are pathetic.

• Like 1

I think I remember reading there are multiple reasons for the map change.  Some are to accommodate future plans. 

On one hand the portals offer opportunities to guide gameplay in certain directions.  On the other hand I feel it normalizes magical portals and almost makes them ubiquitous.  In a pirate game, magic should be rare and top tier otherwise it changes the nature of the game to something else IMO.

3 hours ago, Gorelander said:

On one hand the portals offer opportunities to guide gameplay in certain directions. 

As in "away from Atlas towards other games"? Its an artificial bottleneck, that ruins the servers they are located in. It reduced the once vast feeling map to an experience similar to cruising around in your bathtub. Good choice.

On 12/12/2021 at 9:13 AM, Gorelander said:

I think I remember reading there are multiple reasons for the map change.  Some are to accommodate future plans. 

On one hand the portals offer opportunities to guide gameplay in certain directions.  On the other hand I feel it normalizes magical portals and almost makes them ubiquitous.  In a pirate game, magic should be rare and top tier otherwise it changes the nature of the game to something else IMO.

i think they may be trying to make travelingback and fort more convenient, however in some scenarios it does the oposite, before the change if you wanted to go from the starting zone to the desert biome you only needed to sail in that direction, now you gotta go from the starting zone to northern central waters, from northern central waters to tortuga (to avoid having to cross all central waters) then use the south teleport in tortuga to go the southern side of central waters and there use a teleport to africa, the idea is not terrible but i think the sailing time is almost the same and i am pretty sure many people is confused by the new system.

On 12/5/2021 at 3:36 AM, Rene BoB said:

Hi Devs,

I think we've had multiple devs so it's hard to blame whom for what.  The last blog entry they said that they're going to focus on bugs which is a step in the right direction.

I'm not trying to be mean but isn't it beyond ironic that you typically wipe after releasing a bunch of sh!t?  I thought the irony was funny although it sounds mean to say.

3 hours ago, Gorelander said:

I think we've had multiple devs so it's hard to blame whom for what.  The last blog entry they said that they're going to focus on bugs which is a step in the right direction.

I'm not trying to be mean but isn't it beyond ironic that you typically wipe after releasing a bunch of sh!t?  I thought the irony was funny although it sounds mean to say.

Oh don’t confuse mean with calling it what it is. The first devs like jat and dollie were completely horrible. They either lied when they talked or they didn’t say anything. 

they created the torpedo that the second dev company sent off to the ship called atlas and got a direct hit and sunk the shit.

these new guys? Who knows. I will give them a very watchful benefit of the doubt. I will watch closely before I give harsh criticisms, but,  once I see any form of the old then I will never forgive or forget. It will be even worse than before 

This is the big problem of Atlas and Ark :

No, we dont need Voodoo temples.

No, we dont need map changes.

No, we dont need Laser Dinos in full exosuit with a proton cannon and jetpack

Sometimes less is more, you should think about that, Jeremy Stieglitz