Sign in to follow this  
Gorelander

How to prevent longer term crew starvation?

I really want to like this game.  In some ways I do.  However, my main gripe is having to log on daily to feed my tames/ crew.  I've created larders and troughs but when I fill them it seems that it will keep crew/ tames fed for 2 days max.  My last ragequit was a result of logging at the end of day 2 and most of my crew had died from starvation.  It's ridiculous to make players log on daily.  Sorry Grapeshot,  some of us have lives outside of gaming.

The best I can think of is trying to use the cooking skill to preserve the food so it will last longer.  However I haven't found any salt yet.  If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, Gorelander said:

I really want to like this game.  In some ways I do.  However, my main gripe is having to log on daily to feed my tames/ crew.  I've created larders and troughs but when I fill them it seems that it will keep crew/ tames fed for 2 days max.  My last ragequit was a result of logging at the end of day 2 and most of my crew had died from starvation.  It's ridiculous to make players log on daily.  Sorry Grapeshot,  some of us have lives outside of gaming.

The best I can think of is trying to use the cooking skill to preserve the food so it will last longer.  However I haven't found any salt yet.  If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. 

This is a game where you need to be on all the time. If you can’t do that you probably need to find a new game. And no, they won’t be changing that 

20 hours ago, Gorelander said:

Build a silo and place it at your base. Fill the silo with berries. Your crew should be fine eating from the silo for weeks (unless they nerfed silos recently). Silos will feed and pay all your crew on that island or on ships anchored at it. Just fill it with berries and gold.

Bears eating potatoes from a few troughs should last a few days on the trough and a couple more on their stomach.

P.s. I think I saw a dev post in the past about a farmhouse. If I remember it acts just like the silo but for tames. A bulk feeding device. Maybe that comes out soon. I could be wrong.

Edited by Gemini Five