Sign in to follow this  
Coldpaws

Repair Kits and Ship Resource Boxes

i was sitting here, thinking to myself how come the repair kits are not allowed in the ship resource box, i think they should be and it would be a lot better off, imo because it would be a lot easier to repair, when all you got to do is run around, like you would on a schooner, brig or galleon

Yeah. We've been asking about that since first Ramming Galley appeared.

But... to be honest. I found myself a way to make maintenance of modulars as cheap as it possible. I'm patching only leaks. After each battle I just sail to nearest island and allow my crew to repair my ship. They use really small amount of resources from box.

15 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Yeah. We've been asking about that since first Ramming Galley appeared.

But... to be honest. I found myself a way to make maintenance of modulars as cheap as it possible. I'm patching only leaks. After each battle I just sail to nearest island and allow my crew to repair my ship. They use really small amount of resources from box.

so they can repair the ship even with out repair kits???

• Like 1

so they can repair the ship even with out repair kits???

Yeah. And they use way less resources than they use for old fashion ship's maintenance.

I wonder if they changed the costs for the kits in the last half year? I bet not. Still you drive Majestic Kraken with a complete material of a Shooner crafted into repair kits? All mentioned with so much issues of the new system but never adressed as well. Still patching the kits for what was it? 1500HP looking 5 seconds onto one plank? Can't remember it, but it was awful.

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:41 AM, Nacona said:

I wonder if they changed the costs for the kits in the last half year? I bet not. Still you drive Majestic Kraken with a complete material of a Shooner crafted into repair kits? All mentioned with so much issues of the new system but never adressed as well. Still patching the kits for what was it? 1500HP looking 5 seconds onto one plank? Can't remember it, but it was awful.

Yeah. With all in repair skill tree - it's 1600hp in 5 sec. But with this active repair skill - it 3200 in 5 sec and U can do that twice in a row. Those kits are incredible expensive (also kits for turtle ship are way more expensive and definitely requires trading chain set with active metal trading). But I repeat in terms of PVE fighting against SotDs - it's possible to just land at nearest island and wait until crew will fix all damage. So you can use patches just for leaks.

In PVP - I suggest it's not gonna work (and also most of modulars won't allow you to place wardrums for maintenance songs). So they are questionable in PVP battles (except, I guess, this Carrack vessel, due to insane speed and maneuverability (so U can make turns, stops and accelerates so quick so you literally just dodge cannonballs).

Oh... and in PVE Boardsider also broken because it's neutral to all enemies. You can even ram SotDs and they don't point their guns at you (they only shoot back when you shoot at them). I took all hydras with this Boardsider, by just standing board-to-shore. When Hydra approaches, I hit her with cannons, she looses her aggro, and just stops and do nothing. Waiting until I kill her...

(Gosh those modulars are sooooo broken in alot of different aspects lol).

On 12/11/2021 at 4:07 PM, George Catcher said:

Yeah. With all in repair skill tree - it's 1600hp in 5 sec. But with this active repair skill - it 3200 in 5 sec and U can do that twice in a row. Those kits are incredible expensive (also kits for turtle ship are way more expensive and definitely requires trading chain set with active metal trading). But I repeat in terms of PVE fighting against SotDs - it's possible to just land at nearest island and wait until crew will fix all damage. So you can use patches just for leaks.

In PVP - I suggest it's not gonna work (and also most of modulars won't allow you to place wardrums for maintenance songs). So they are questionable in PVP battles (except, I guess, this Carrack vessel, due to insane speed and maneuverability (so U can make turns, stops and accelerates so quick so you literally just dodge cannonballs).

Oh... and in PVE Boardsider also broken because it's neutral to all enemies. You can even ram SotDs and they don't point their guns at you (they only shoot back when you shoot at them). I took all hydras with this Boardsider, by just standing board-to-shore. When Hydra approaches, I hit her with cannons, she looses her aggro, and just stops and do nothing. Waiting until I kill her...

(Gosh those modulars are sooooo broken in alot of different aspects lol).

They should go back to the old ships repair system for the modular ships as well. This system is really bad for combat(PvP) and PVE as well.

That you can see the complete structure health as 100% is nice... but it helps you 0%. Maybe the sinking of the modular ship should start after getting below 25% instead of one leacking plank. Would also provide protection for some casual attacks on anchored ships.(cannon horse)

Neutral ship... nice bug lol.

They should go back to the old ships repair system for the modular ships as well. This system is really bad for combat(PvP) and PVE as well.

As far as I understand - they can't. Because they don't know how : ))