Well i'm not a fan of the modular ships. (I feel like you've dumbed down shipbuilding with them). That being said. I am actually enjoying the unintended speed on the carrack. The ladder issues of course are a PITA.

But the bonus to this. I'm actually enjoying sailing to all corners of the world now. I've spent the last several days getting discos and not grumbling over it. Today i decided to go back to a brig and with no wind and traveling grid by grid. Well lets just say its horrible going backwards to no speed and taking what feels like forever to get across areas for treasure maps. I'm back to feeling like I should clean my house instead of playing a game. Thank you for the portal systems and the new map layout for shrinking down some travel time. Yes they are buggy too but the benefits are outweighing the animals/crew falling off.

I do hope you guys consider giving all ships a speed boost. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Well i'm not a fan of the modular ships. (I feel like you've dumbed down shipbuilding with them). That being said. I am actually enjoying the unintended speed on the carrack. The ladder issues of course are a PITA.

But the bonus to this. I'm actually enjoying sailing to all corners of the world now. I've spent the last several days getting discos and not grumbling over it. Today i decided to go back to a brig and with no wind and traveling grid by grid. Well lets just say its horrible going backwards to no speed and taking what feels like forever to get across areas for treasure maps. I'm back to feeling like I should clean my house instead of playing a game. Thank you for the portal systems and the new map layout for shrinking down some travel time. Yes they are buggy too but the benefits are outweighing the animals/crew falling off.

I do hope you guys consider giving all ships a speed boost. 

Carrack sucks

• Like 1

dumbed down ship building is funny haha 😄, i mean lets talk about it now quick, this maybe is a neccessary thing to do.

i was one of the guys who did not like the modular ships aswell but now i like them, and here is why:

so the carrack is very fast which is not intended i think, i dont know the other modular ships now, but the speed made me build a modular ship bc travel time is a joke

so now i have a modular ship, the carrack

it made me think and well, we have it right there

the funny part is, obviously, they want to move away from the normal ships you build with planks and decks and so, they move it to merchant ships they said.

so why

it is because this is one of the main problems of the game.

the ship design in terms of balance, what you can do with it.

you can exploit the old ship system, we saw that multiple times with some builds on deck or even idk where 😄 (oneshot brig/gally, etc.) that would never be possible.

so the main problem here: balance - ship design, besides the 2nd main problem of the game, traveling time.

now the modular ships have one design and you can build your ship modular, how you like it, but no special builds that make the game stupid and not challenging.

so the ground is even with modular ships, not saying the design is beautiful, or bug/glitchfree.

with the carrack only 300 gold crafted right away its great!, the carrack solves the traveling time issue for me, its too fast tho maybe 5 knots less and fix nosediving if in a storm.

then put 3 large speed sails on it and you have it right there, the saviour of atlas, the carrack. dont forget your grappling hook ever if you leave your ship tho :D, maybe we get a ladder module soon and thats why they do not fix the ladders.

5 hours ago, photek said:

dumbed down ship building is funny haha 😄, i mean lets talk about it now quick, this maybe is a neccessary thing to do.

i was one of the guys who did not like the modular ships aswell but now i like them, and here is why:

so the carrack is very fast which is not intended i think, i dont know the other modular ships now, but the speed made me build a modular ship bc travel time is a joke

so now i have a modular ship, the carrack

it made me think and well, we have it right there

the funny part is, obviously, they want to move away from the normal ships you build with planks and decks and so, they move it to merchant ships they said.

so why

it is because this is one of the main problems of the game.

the ship design in terms of balance, what you can do with it.

you can exploit the old ship system, we saw that multiple times with some builds on deck or even idk where 😄 (oneshot brig/gally, etc.) that would never be possible.

so the main problem here: balance - ship design, besides the 2nd main problem of the game, traveling time.

now the modular ships have one design and you can build your ship modular, how you like it, but no special builds that make the game stupid and not challenging.

so the ground is even with modular ships, not saying the design is beautiful, or bug/glitchfree.

with the carrack only 300 gold crafted right away its great!, the carrack solves the traveling time issue for me, its too fast tho maybe 5 knots less and fix nosediving if in a storm.

then put 3 large speed sails on it and you have it right there, the saviour of atlas, the carrack. dont forget your grappling hook ever if you leave your ship tho :D, maybe we get a ladder module soon and thats why they do not fix the ladders.

Nothing can save atlas at this point lol player count shows that.

• Like 1

• The speed of movement of ships, it's terrible. It's just impossible to swim for so long, it quenches very much. Carrack was a really good thing, you could swim for fun. Increase the speed of movement of ships.

I've just returned to Atlas after 3 yrs & when I heard bout the modular ships like the Carrack I got excited & decided to build a Carrack for island hopping (maps & mats etc) , when ship was completed I grabbed some maps & my favourite bear but found it impossible to get my tame onto ship so scuttled ship but will be willing to try modular ships if they are fixed , Dev's I think you are onto a great idea for new ship designs but if nobody can use them with current game mechanics they will be ignored, please fix this.