Sign in to follow this  
Solon

Just deleted Atlas AND ark permanantly

11 minutes ago, Gorelander said:

You are right, I haven't considered PVP because I refuse to play it.  It's far too much of a time commitment for me and the grieving is something I exclude from my life whenever possible.  I didn't realize that a shipyard could be destroyed so easily, but I guess anyone could wander by with a ship full of cannons and destroy it.  I remember when I first started playing Ark I didn't understand why my base was half destroyed each time I would log on.  I hate the fact that you practically have to be on all the time to protect your builds so I simply stick with PVE.

Yep. It’s pathetic.

edit: good news is that we know for sure that anyone that is successful in this game it pretty worthless in real life 😂

Edited by George of the jungle

2 minutes ago, George of the jungle said:

Yep. It’s pathetic.

edit: good news is that we know for sure that anyone that is successful in this game it pretty worthless in real life 😂

I think South Park said it best:

"How do you kill that which has ... no life."

Edited by Gorelander
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gorelander said:

You are right, I haven't considered PVP because I refuse to play it.  It's far too much of a time commitment for me and the grieving is something I exclude from my life whenever possible.  I didn't realize that a shipyard could be destroyed so easily, but I guess anyone could wander by with a ship full of cannons and destroy it.  I remember when I first started playing Ark I didn't understand why my base was half destroyed each time I would log on.  I hate the fact that you practically have to be on all the time to protect your builds so I simply stick with PVE.

you are like me then, i never engage in pvp in mmos as long as i can avoid it, pve is for achievers mostly while pvp...lets just say is for a different type of people.

7 minutes ago, The D Legacy said:

you are like me then, i never engage in pvp in mmos as long as i can avoid it, pve is for achievers mostly while pvp...lets just say is for a different type of people.

I know exactly the type of people you're referring to. 😉  Those are the types I'd rather not associate with on any level.

• Like 1

My list of horrible PVP games 

1. The Atlas! (all what can be wrong is worng here)

2. Dark and Light (Really bad Ark copy)

3. Ark (only way to play are  private servers or singleplayer)

4. Ark II (im sure it will be bad as Ark 1, only visual side can be little better cause unreal engine 5)

And my list of good PVP games 

1. WOW 

2. Lineage II (this old game had karma based system, so more friendly you killed more karma you got so in end sity guards and all turned against you.)

3. ArcheAge  (So this is game atlas must learn how to manage PVP so that all would be happy)

4. Runescape 

5. No man sky (i guess i'm only one who liked pvp there :D)

Atlas, Ark & Dark and Light are like same and looks like that Dark and light company is also wildcard's failed miracle project.

So my good pvp list is really long, but i added games what are little bit similars with atlas.

So cause PVP is BS in this game i like PVE and PVE can be really good if they add more NPC's, mission's on land and sea but as we see they only add useless broken content here.

Edited by Hexaron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hexaron said:

My list of horrible PVP games 

1. The Atlas! (all what can be wrong is worng here)

2. Dark and Light (Really bad Ark copy)

3. Ark (only way to play are  private servers or singleplayer)

4. Ark II (im sure it will be bad as Ark 1, only visual side can be little better cause unreal engine 5)

And my list of good PVP games 

1. WOW 

2. Lineage II (this old game had karma based system, so more friendly you killed more karma you got so in end sity guards and all turned against you.)

3. ArcheAge  (So this is game atlas must learn how to manage PVP so that all would be happy)

4. Runescape 

5. No man sky (i guess i'm only one who liked pvp there :D)

Atlas, Ark & Dark and Light are like same and looks like that Dark and light company is also wildcard's failed miracle project.

So my good pvp list is really long, but i added games what are little bit similars with atlas.

So cause PVP is BS in this game i like PVE and PVE can be really good if they add more NPC's, mission's on land and sea but as we see they only add useless broken content here.

Very good description and I do agree with pretty much everything. Haven’t played some of the games on your good list so I reserve my decision on those. Wow was awesome. They would do well to add factions in atlas. 

some people don’t like the idea but my opinion is they are dumb. If would give the little guys a chance to survive and could easily make gold actually worth something like a currency instead of a gold sink like paying for shipyards smh. 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 2:09 AM, photek said:

Hello Sir, maybe you learn what early access is

then you learn not to get frustrated by an alpha version of a video game, because it has bugs and glitches and not working stuff in it.

then you learn to read what you buy

5 hate posts last few days

15 hate posts since a year

i think you should change your game or throw some pills, because of a video game....

I personally feel Atlas is an abuse of early access - especially for the amount they charged.  In this case, Grapeshot has used this program to "pay to develop" and "pay to alpha / beta test".  They clearly had no idea what they were doing and should have had the game mechanics and networking more functional before releasing it to the public.  To top it all off, they simply copied and pasted Ark in order to build the game which in my opinion should have put them much farther ahead than they are now.

Early access isn't a good description of this game.  It should be classified as "learn as we go".  If you want a good example of what an early access game should be like, check out SCUM or Valheim.  Both games have a polished foundation and at this point are simply adding more content. I can't remember a single instance of either crashing.  Atlas is largely broken and yet they're still trying to add content on top of it causing it to break further.  In my opinion an early access game should be in a "somewhat finished, and working state" before asking people to pay for it.  Atlas has never been this and I don't think they've really had a proper direction.

Mostly I think their creative vision for this game is wrong and continually going in the wrong direction.  Catering to the hard-core gamer and forcing players to log on each and every day to protect their investments is morally wrong as it begs players to perpetuate unbalanced lifestyles.   The land domination concept they insist upon is working completely against the game and causing new players to give up as they struggle to a place to find home.  They need to focus on creating a great pirate sailing experience first and foremost.

Hopefully the new devs can turn things around.   In the last set of notes they said they were going to focus on fixing bugs and have marginally addressed issues such as gold for ships etc.  This is somewhat promising and hey, I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

Edited by Gorelander
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Gorelander said:

I personally feel Atlas is an abuse of early access - especially for the amount they charged.  In this case, Grapeshot has used this program to "pay to develop" and "pay to alpha / beta test".  They clearly had no idea what they were doing and should have had the game mechanics and networking more functional before releasing it to the public.  To top it all off, they simply copied and pasted Ark in order to build the game which in my opinion should have put them much farther ahead than they are now.

Early access isn't a good description of this game.  It should be classified as "learn as we go".  If you want a good example of what an early access game should be like, check out SCUM or Valheim.  Both games have a polished foundation and at this point are simply adding more content. I can't remember a single instance of either crashing.  Atlas is largely broken and yet they're still trying to add content on top of it causing it to break further.  In my opinion an early access game should be in a "somewhat finished, and working state" before asking people to pay for it.  Atlas has never been this and I don't think they've really had a proper direction.

Mostly I think their creative vision for this game is wrong and continually going in the wrong direction.  Catering to the hard-core gamer and forcing players to log on each and every day to protect their investments is morally wrong as it begs players to perpetuate unbalanced lifestyles.   The land domination concept they insist upon is working completely against the game and causing new players to give up as they struggle to a place to find home.  They need to focus on creating a great pirate sailing experience first and foremost.

Hopefully the new devs can turn things around.   In the last set of notes they said they were going to focus on fixing bugs and have marginally addressed issues such as gold for ships etc.  This is somewhat promising and hey, I'll take whatever I can get at this point.

Amen. Early access is for a very important group of developers that are already close to being done with a game but need fine tuning. 

now, early access is we want to charge you and get your money first, that way if we fuck up we can walk away with your money later on. That is the exact definition of early access now vs then.

• Like 2