Sign in to follow this  
Solon

Just deleted Atlas AND ark permanantly

I cannot believe the amount of ABSOLUTE FRUSTRATION you get playing this game.  I spent TWO FUCKING HOURS trying to get onboard my fucking ship because ladders still dont fucking work if they touch the ground.  I can absolutely FUCKING GUARANTEE that ill never purchase another game from these fucking morons.  Not ever.  

DELETE MY FUCKING SUBSCRIPTION TO BOTH ARK AND ATLAS - You couldnt fucking pay me to play either one ever again im that fucking frustrated.

Keep the fucking money you are never getting a single fucking dime from me ever again.

• Like 1

Hello Sir, maybe you learn what early access is

then you learn not to get frustrated by an alpha version of a video game, because it has bugs and glitches and not working stuff in it.

then you learn to read what you buy

5 hate posts last few days

15 hate posts since a year

i think you should change your game or throw some pills, because of a video game....

6 hours ago, photek said:

then you learn not to get frustrated by an alpha version of a video game, because it has bugs and glitches and not working stuff in it.

i think you should change your game or throw some pills, because of a video game....

Well to be honest 3 years is pretty pathetic for the state the game is in. These devs are very inept at their job lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Well to be honest 3 years is pretty pathetic for the state the game is in. These devs are very inept at their job lol

I've been quite a bit frustrated myself over the past 3 years, which is why I quit playing until the game is somewhat playable again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2021 at 3:09 AM, photek said:

This isnt early access its an Alpha test platform.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 8:31 AM, George of the jungle said:

What's really sad is they totally borrowed code from Ark so they should really be farther along with this game BUUUUUUT...

... I wonder if it was worse trying to convert another game into what they wanted.  Maybe it would have been better to build the game from "scratch".  Sometimes I feel this is a big cause of their problems.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 10:59 AM, CompactDisc said:

I've been quite a bit frustrated myself over the past 3 years, which is why I quit playing until the game is somewhat playable again.

I can take this game in spurts.  I try it, I enjoy it for a few weeks, then the bugs make me delete it.  This has been going on for years.  It's like a smouldering dumpster fire that you keep lifting the lid to see if it's finally safe to play.

To Atlas, early access is an excuse to get paid to develop or have people pay to alpha test your game. After Atlas I was very reluctant to pay for another early access game.  However since then I tried Valheim and SCUM, both early access games.  They're totally playable games in my experience, and a much better example of what early access should be.  What Grapeshot is doing should be a crime IMO.  If there was justice someone would start a class-action lawsuit and get everyone's money back.  Not that this would ever happen.

All this being said, my main gripe is their expectations of players.  They seem to expect players to be on this game every day or so or lose their tames/ crew etc. This promotes unhealthy gaming habits which is bad for most people. So clearly their moral compass is broken. 

You look at the directions they're taking and you scratch your head.  Even if the game wasn't full of bugs, their decisions leave you with little or no confidence.  I try to take away from the game what I can enjoy, but it only lasts so long.

It was/ is such a great idea with tons of potential.  I feel to realize this potential they need to fire their team lead and get someone else to lead them in a proper direction.  I have little confidence this game will be great even after a few more years.  I hope in that time there will be another developer who will create kick ass pirate sailing survival game.  Until such time, we have to sate our appetites with whatever we can squeeze out of this game for as long as we can stand it.

• Like 1

I hate it too.  All 4000 hours or Atlas and 6000 in Ark.  I want my money back.

3 minutes ago, Pattus said:

I hate it too.  All 4000 hours or Atlas and 6000 in Ark.  I want my money back.

About half of that was spent getting my character/ boat unstuck, or regrinding after a wipe.  ;D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gorelander said:

What's really sad is they totally borrowed code from Ark so they should really be farther along with this game BUUUUUUT...

... I wonder if it was worse trying to convert another game into what they wanted.  Maybe it would have been better to build the game from "scratch".  Sometimes I feel this is a big cause of their problems.

Yeah I agree. Either that or they should have made it an ark expansion like they were going to do at first. Greed came into play and they realized they could pass off a copy and paste to be able to charge more money.

who knows what the new devs might do but the one thing we do know for sure is that the old dev company was not only very corrupt but also very unethical and unprofessional. That we do know as we have seen for the last 3 years.

10 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

who knows what the new devs might do but the one thing we do know for sure is that the old dev company was not only very corrupt but also very unethical and unprofessional. That we do know as we have seen for the last 3 years.

What do you mean by the "old dev company"?  Are you referring to Studio Wildcard?  If so, I felt that the development of Ark was "smooth sailing" compared to Atlas.

As for being corrupt, I"m not sure what specific point you're drawing upon.  I don't think I'm cynical enough to think Grapeshot is corrupt, but lacks proper direction, leadership and at the risk of sounding harsh, competence.  I think they went into this with lofty goals and good intentions, but continue to prioritize incorrectly and make bad decisions. 

I hope that I'm wrong and they pull an awesome game out of all this.

5 hours ago, Gorelander said:

What do you mean by the "old dev company"?  Are you referring to Studio Wildcard?  If so, I felt that the development of Ark was "smooth sailing" compared to Atlas.

As for being corrupt, I"m not sure what specific point you're drawing upon.  I don't think I'm cynical enough to think Grapeshot is corrupt, but lacks proper direction, leadership and at the risk of sounding harsh, competence.  I think they went into this with lofty goals and good intentions, but continue to prioritize incorrectly and make bad decisions. 

I hope that I'm wrong and they pull an awesome game out of all this.

I won’t take away that hope man. This is a new dev company. If it was the same company I would call you an idiot. It is not the same so hope can be ok to an extent. We still have gone through a couple these years so we need to remain skeptical at the same time.

7 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

I won’t take away that hope man. This is a new dev company. If it was the same company I would call you an idiot. It is not the same so hope can be ok to an extent. We still have gone through a couple these years so we need to remain skeptical at the same time.

To what extent is Grapeshot affiliated with Wiildcard?  Did any of Atlas’ developers come from Ark?

Just now, Gorelander said:

To what extent is Grapeshot affiliated with Wiildcard?  Did any of Atlas’ developers come from Ark?

The initial developers where Ark Developers, they worked on the game until the Xbox release and then it was complete stop in patches and developers updates. Jateish and that first community manager i can't remember her name, suddenly stopped logging on the forums and answering us on Discord. We could see they had loads of activity on the Ark social media at this point.

Then they hired some new Head developer, i think it was mid season 2. I can't remember exactly but could have been season 3. He wrote a blog or two and then he quit and joined Riot? Some other gaming company atleast. There was a rumor he quit because all of his staff was taken of Atlas to work on an Ark expansion. I dunno how true those rumors where. But after this nothing happened to the game for a long ass time.

I don't know if the current developers are the returning Ark developers or if they hired some modders. But its pretty evident that they are pulling in all directions and have zero leadership or any vision of the bigger picture. Everything they have touched is in a more broken state then it was in season 2. They half ass a project, leave it in a broken state and move on the break another part of the game.

My theory is that they have some sort of contract clause with Steam to keep the early access tag and they are doing the absolute minimum to keep it going.

5 hours ago, Gorelander said:

Yes, this is technically the third dev team. The original dev team even had Jeremy Stieglitz the actual head of wildcard at the helm when atlas first started. A long with people like Jat the community manger and others that weren’t as well known. They are being very vague about who the new dev team is so I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the first an second dev team are still around. 

once again, all I am saying it that it’s ok to have hope but you have to keep a realistic outlook or you will be disappointed. A lot of disappointment has come from 6 years of wildcard/grapeshot. 

5 hours ago, Pant said:

The initial developers where Ark Developers, they worked on the game until the Xbox release and then it was complete stop in patches and developers updates. Jateish and that first community manager i can't remember her name, suddenly stopped logging on the forums and answering us on Discord. We could see they had loads of activity on the Ark social media at this point.

Then they hired some new Head developer, i think it was mid season 2. I can't remember exactly but could have been season 3. He wrote a blog or two and then he quit and joined Riot? Some other gaming company atleast. There was a rumor he quit because all of his staff was taken of Atlas to work on an Ark expansion. I dunno how true those rumors where. But after this nothing happened to the game for a long ass time.

I don't know if the current developers are the returning Ark developers or if they hired some modders. But its pretty evident that they are pulling in all directions and have zero leadership or any vision of the bigger picture. Everything they have touched is in a more broken state then it was in season 2. They half ass a project, leave it in a broken state and move on the break another part of the game.

My theory is that they have some sort of contract clause with Steam to keep the early access tag and they are doing the absolute minimum to keep it going.

Very detailed. Good description. 👍

5 hours ago, Pant said:

Jateish and that first community manager i can't remember her name, suddenly stopped logging on the forums and answering us on Discord. We could see they had loads of activity on the Ark social media at this point.

Dollie. It was pretty obvious, that she had no idea about the game whatsoever.

• Like 1

So my hunch about Grapeshot having little or no proper direction/ leadership seems accurate.  I have very low expectations, but hope that something good might come of this game eventually.  I remember when I tried Sea of Thieves I was blown away at a pirate game that actually had some polish to it.  Hopefully someone sometime will make a pirate game halfway between SoT and Atlas.  One can dream.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gorelander said:

So my hunch about Grapeshot having little or no proper direction/ leadership seems accurate.  I have very low expectations, but hope that something good might come of this game eventually.  I remember when I tried Sea of Thieves I was blown away at a pirate game that actually had some polish to it.  Hopefully someone sometime will make a pirate game halfway between SoT and Atlas.  One can dream.

Your hunch was not only right but I knew that before atlas was released. I followed the whole development process of atlas and release/development of it.

I am very skeptical, but if this dev team is actually new I will give them the benefit of the doubt but still be very skeptical at the same time. I won’t say they are shit devs until they prove they make shit decisions. 

I wish them the best of luck and actually hope they are nowhere near as corrupt as the devs that came before them. Sometimes dev companies need to realize “their” vision of the game is shit and just start doing what the customers tell them to. We already have 2 dev teams for evidence of that. SMH 

12 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

I am very skeptical, but if this dev team is actually new I will give them the benefit of the doubt but still be very skeptical at the same time. I won’t say they are shit devs until they prove they make shit decisions. 

It does look like they try to go by the playerbases biggest concerns according to Discord. Gold costs for ships are gone for example. Lets see, i am carefully optimistic.

14 hours ago, Grongash said:

It does look like they try to go by the playerbases biggest concerns according to Discord. Gold costs for ships are gone for example. Lets see, i am carefully optimistic.

Just be realistic and you won’t have to worry about disappointment lol. I wish the new team the best but there is no optimism left. I can go back to optimistic after they make 2 good updates on a row.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:09 AM, photek said:

Hello Sir, maybe you learn that when we paid for this game it was not classified as early acces at all, its absurdly egocentrical to believe you can teach others about stuff when you yourself are ignorant.

afterwards you should probably learn how not to be a complacent and submissive sheep and  while you are at it you should also learn the difference between hate and objective critcism.

pills over-consumption might lead to brain cells death, wich you clearly are an example of.

On 12/13/2021 at 2:43 PM, Grongash said:

what you mean??, they simply moved the gold cost of ships to the shipyards, now if you want a brigg you need to pay 2.5  mill gold to build the necessary shipyard for it.

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

what you mean??, they simply moved the gold cost of ships to the shipyards, now if you want a brigg you need to pay 2.5  mill gold to build the necessary shipyard for it.

Yes, there is a gold requirement still, but it is an improvement slightly over the previous requirements.  So rather than acquiring the gold for each and every ship built in that shipyard, you only have to do it once.  The advantage is: if your ship gets sunk due to a fleet of SotD or some sort of stupid glitch, you don't have to acquire all that gold again.

To play devil's advocate, I can sort of see the reasoning behind the gold requirement.   I would skip over building a sloop and go straight to the schooner.  I find that trying to do a build with the sloop challenging and makes going to the next tier ship feel like a bigger accomplishment.  Trying to acquire gold gets you out from building, doing other activities such as treasure maps, salvaging wrecks, and such.  My main gripe with it is it doesn't make sense. Why would you need gold to build something you're making with your bare hands?  Some sort of shipyard tax?

I think the positive thing here is it appears they are listening to the complaints.  Although they didn't abolish the gold requirements, they did make a change.  

3 hours ago, Gorelander said:

Yes, there is a gold requirement still, but it is an improvement slightly over the previous requirements.  So rather than acquiring the gold for each and every ship built in that shipyard, you only have to do it once.  The advantage is: if your ship gets sunk due to a fleet of SotD or some sort of stupid glitch, you don't have to acquire all that gold again.

To play devil's advocate, I can sort of see the reasoning behind the gold requirement.   I would skip over building a sloop and go straight to the schooner.  I find that trying to do a build with the sloop challenging and makes going to the next tier ship feel like a bigger accomplishment.  Trying to acquire gold gets you out from building, doing other activities such as treasure maps, salvaging wrecks, and such.  My main gripe with it is it doesn't make sense. Why would you need gold to build something you're making with your bare hands?  Some sort of shipyard tax?

I think the positive thing here is it appears they are listening to the complaints.  Although they didn't abolish the gold requirements, they did make a change.  

yes, but you havent considered this, in a pvp server that same shipyard can be destroyed in literally 30 seconds regardless of how many ships it have built.

i dunno, i think they want to give gold a meaning but they overdid it by A FUCKING LOT if you consider that the average gold you get from 1 treasure map is around 200 gold (since map quality is random).

ok, but then you go kill a high level SotD and you get trash, the nice part before was that you could just skip straight to brigg and do SotD hunt for fun only, and not only that, designing your ship to fit your play style was great, now i have to be stuck with a standar crappy ship for an eternity for what?? a once in a while SotD hunt??

they have been making lots of changes since 3 years ago, and all of them were terrible, i still remember when they nerfed the carbine and then nerfed the glider, at that time those were the 2 things i was having the most fun with, making changes for the sake of making changes is nota good idea.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The D Legacy said:

yes, but you havent considered this, in a pvp server that same shipyard can be destroyed in literally 30 seconds regardless of how many ships it have built.

i dunno, i think they want to give gold a meaning but they overdid it by A FUCKING LOT if you consider that the average gold you get from 1 treasure map is around 200 gold (since map quality is random).

ok, but then you go kill a high level SotD and you get trash, the nice part before was that you could just skip straight to brigg and do SotD hunt for fun only, and not only that, designing your ship to fit your play style was great, now i have to be stuck with a standar crappy ship for an eternity for what?? a once in a while SotD hunt??

they have been making lots of changes since 3 years ago, and all of them were terrible, i still remember when they nerfed the carbine and then nerfed the glider, at that time those were the 2 things i was having the most fun with, making changes for the sake of making changes is nota good idea.

You are right, I haven't considered PVP because I refuse to play it.  It's far too much of a time commitment for me and the grieving is something I exclude from my life whenever possible.  I didn't realize that a shipyard could be destroyed so easily, but I guess anyone could wander by with a ship full of cannons and destroy it.  I remember when I first started playing Ark I didn't understand why my base was half destroyed each time I would log on.  I hate the fact that you practically have to be on all the time to protect your builds so I simply stick with PVE.

• Like 2