Sign in to follow this  
Classic Skunt

Animals falling off boats

Recently I have been noticing that animals have just been disappearing off boats into the water. Just sailing in general and going through portals seem to be the worst. Recently I had one fall off, backtracked and picked him back up, started sailing again and a buddy jumped on him which teleported the animal and my buddy back to where the animal originally fell off. I remember in the past when they used to fly up into the sky and never be seen again but since then it really has not been a huge issue until now, I can not seem to keep them on my ship and its so frustrating. Would you please look into this 😄

• Like 2

Idea to devs: Make a hitching post for animals on boats or a GPS tracker so I wouldn't spend countless hours looking for animals in water while sailing 😄

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 12:21 PM, Classic Skunt said:

Recently I have been noticing that animals have just been disappearing off boats into the water. Just sailing in general and going through portals seem to be the worst. Recently I had one fall off, backtracked and picked him back up, started sailing again and a buddy jumped on him which teleported the animal and my buddy back to where the animal originally fell off. I remember in the past when they used to fly up into the sky and never be seen again but since then it really has not been a huge issue until now, I can not seem to keep them on my ship and its so frustrating. Would you please look into this 😄

No, they won’t be looking into it. It has been around for a long time. Get ready to spend more time looking at your games instead of sailing. Pretty pathetic when you just want to sail but have to constantly watch your animals. These devs are worthless 

• Like 2

One tip to help: Set your tames to follow on high. Then pass slowly through the grid lines. If they fall off on the same side... they jump back on.

Keep looking back at them to see if they fall off mid grid. If so just sail back close and they swim to you and jump back on.

12 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

One tip to help: Set your tames to follow on high. Then pass slowly through the grid lines. If they fall off on the same side... they jump back on.

Keep looking back at them to see if they fall off mid grid. If so just sail back close and they swim to you and jump back on.

The problem is having to do all of that after 3 years. A normal person not familiar with this dev company wouldn’t thin “wtf?” None of that should have to happen in the first place.

Yeah no kidding, I try to keep an eye on them all the time but lately they have been just vanishing then I find them half a tile away in the middle of the ocean. It wasn't that bad for a few seasons I found but just recently its been a gong show. I can not agree with you more George of the Jungle. I just wish some of these ongoing problems would just get solved and not just the animal on the boat issue. Sorry just had to vent a bit about it, love the game but just feels like I beat my head on the wall with some of these ongoing issues. Thank you for the feedback guys, much appreciated!!

4 hours ago, Classic Skunt said:

Yeah no kidding, I try to keep an eye on them all the time but lately they have been just vanishing then I find them half a tile away in the middle of the ocean. It wasn't that bad for a few seasons I found but just recently its been a gong show.

The superlaggy, rubberbandy Servers seem to kick them off again, like they did early in the game. Back then, it was at least because of the Servers being overcrowded. Now it happens on empty Servers. I assume, they heavily downsized the Servers.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:17 PM, Classic Skunt said:

Idea to devs: Make a hitching post for animals on boats or a GPS tracker so I wouldn't spend countless hours looking for animals in water while sailing 😄

just today i have lost 2 bears and 2 sailors, cant believe we are still having this problem after 3 years.