criikette

Lots of New Broken Things

New stuff sounded interesting, so I thought I'd check it out.  But they've introduced so many new bugs to things that were working that I'm quitting again after only 3 days.

Beds are messed up: You have to search for a name of the bed and then hope that you can click on the bed to respawn instead of choosing beds normally

Taming is messed up: Even with tier 3 taming, you can't bola tigers (who knows about some of the other, only tested with tigers)

Farming is in a bad place: Unless the resource map is wrong, chili seeds and wheat seeds do not exist in the wild.  And unless there is something that I'm missing, you can't get back to rookie cove for the freeport seed seller, and the freeports in the other areas (at least the one in D6) don't have seed sellers in them.

Portals are messed up: Almost lost 6 of my 8 crew that I was transporting because they all spawned off the boat and were getting eaten by the shark sitting right there

Troughs are messed up: They don't exist as far as I can tell (searching for what skill teaches them through searching the item crashes your game)

That's just the stuff that I found in just a few hours of playing.  Who knows what other stuff that was working is broken, and what new bugs they introduced?

No map for me it’s just blank. Can craft smithy ok but it’s useless because I can’t build floors or any other house structure as the blueprints not there. When I view the blueprint in the skills section it crashes my Xbox. 

yup they duns broke it major this time, best they be fixin quick before they loose off the rest of us scallywags...

Seems like it’s broken all round. I have a series x and my son has a xbone and it has the same issues on both. Only on the series it just crashes out to the Home Screen. The xbone it crashes the console. I don’t understand how they can break some much in a single update. Maybe it was their version of Halloween trick or treat. And this is a trick and it will all be fixed today… … …

On 11/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, Somelie4love said:

Seems like it’s broken all round. I have a series x and my son has a xbone and it has the same issues on both. Only on the series it just crashes out to the Home Screen. The xbone it crashes the console. I don’t understand how they can break some much in a single update. Maybe it was their version of Halloween trick or treat. And this is a trick and it will all be fixed today… … …

i dont mean to rain on your parade but the game's most basic bugs havent been fixed in 3 years, but i wish you the best of luck.

Edited by The D Legacy
  • Like 1

I've only played a few hours since the patch but noticed quite a bit more network lag (even while hard-wired in), plus while not moving forward and backwards, if you turn your sloop you spin around stupidly fast.  It makes it really difficult to park it, especially in a shipyard.

Edited by Gorelander