Taymak

Thatch and Smithy

I've unlocked primitive construction, construction and mercantilism, as well as all the way down to Metallurgy and still can't find the thatch building pieces or the smithy. Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue in single player? Also, to be able to view the map...is that also something that needs to be unlocked because my atlas map is black and my handheld is white.

Edited by Taymak
typo

I've got the same thing, I can't construct a bed either. I dont know if they have removed them, or its a bug, cos when I search craftables they are actually there. I just cant make them.

The bed you can make in the loom, but I've checked all of the craftable items that I have and cannot find the smithy. I did see them in craftables, but like you, couldn't craft anything.

I did manage to cheat code the smithy in. But maybe we dont need it anymore.and thx for the info about the bed . Would it have upset the balance of the universe too much for the Atlas devs to give us all the new info?

Do you have the cheat code for the smithy by chance? And you would think it would have made their job a little easier to give us some hints because I contacted them and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. 

The cheat I used gave me 100 smithys, it was... Gfi smithy 100 0 0      as far as I know you can just use it for one smithy by changing the number but I haven't tried it yet.

• Like 1

they way it seams to fix this problem for me was to do a fresh install of the game them all was ok apart from the other bugs and problems with the new update

Yeh I didn't want to start all over again just in case I couldn't run the game again. which is what happened with my steam version of Atlas. So far I cant craft a smithy and strangely I cant craft a table either. Also the shipyard says in red that the water is not deep enough to construct a ship,no matter how far out I put it. and I'm not going to put it in the middle of the ocean. I wish they had checked the game properly before running the update.

I’m having similar issues. I can craft smithy, loom etc but can’t do anything with them because they need to be placed on a floor. And I can’t build floors, walls etc. They don’t appear in my craftables despite learning them. I can see them in the skills section that I have learnt them. But can’t actually craft them.

Im having all the same problems and when i went to craft the smithy the game crashes and it didnt even spawn me in a freeport. It would be nice if the DEVS I swear dont know how to respond or respond and post in their own forum ive been a faithful player of this since i was launch in 2018 and as much as i hate to say but the DEVS break more then they fix 

I understand it’s a preview but these kinds of bugs make it unplayable. I’ve deleted it and am reinstalling it currently to see if it helps any. Funny thing is, I’d played it before a while back on pc. Then recently got a new Xbox, downloaded free trial to see how it ran and it was great. (Few weeks ago). Said I’d wait and see if price dropped and it did. So I bought it again. Now I can’t build a house. Don’t know where I am as my map is blank. My pathfinder is all alone, cold, exposed and getting repeatedly eaten alive by 6 cobras on steroids. 
Another question: is this just affecting single player? Like do unofficial servers allow you to build a house and see your map?

3 hours ago, Somelie4love said:

Another question: is this just affecting single player? Like do unofficial servers allow you to build a house and see your map?

It's not just SP or Hosted, it's every server bar the official ones. It also affects Blackwood maps on SP.  I spent quite a while going through the servers and Thatch, Smithy and Loom are missing.  Don't even appear when you search.....not true, appeared once on one server then crashed my series X.

I've tried wiping all save data and fully reinstalling the game but to no avail.  What a mess.  Any response from the so called Devs?

Also, just come back to this game after a while away....what's happened to the starter ports?  Where have they gone?

Edited by RevLXIX

4 hours ago, Somelie4love said:

I understand it’s a preview but these kinds of bugs make it unplayable. I’ve deleted it and am reinstalling it currently to see if it helps any. Funny thing is, I’d played it before a while back on pc. Then recently got a new Xbox, downloaded free trial to see how it ran and it was great. (Few weeks ago). Said I’d wait and see if price dropped and it did. So I bought it again. Now I can’t build a house. Don’t know where I am as my map is blank. My pathfinder is all alone, cold, exposed and getting repeatedly eaten alive by 6 cobras on steroids. 

Nah, it’s way too late to even bother using the preview thing anymore. It has been out for 3 years so the “EA excuse” is done with. From now on anyone that tries to use that while defending them just telling them that is even more pathetic, which it is. These devs are completely inept.

The blank map is crazy, how can I find a damn freeport to hire crew with no map? or go back to my main base after sailing out? Also the lumber gatherer isnt working at all. The metal miner is fine though. I've got so many skills uncraftable now as well.

well trying to solve a problem with the Smithy on the game u cant report a bug unless u are playing on a live server, next trying to work out why in hell the smithy does not show up in items to craft ( yes i toggled of the buttons on and off). I have found it in the research made sure i have all the matts in my inventory click to build and the game crashes back to desktop.

so tryed to do it again making sure had everything and click and boom crash. so i verfiyed the game files that was fine, tryed again yet again crash. uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game to make sure no files was corrupted went back in made sure i had everything again clicked and did not work......

WTH Devs how big is this company how many staff do u have working on this game. when u have other smaller games companies with 1 to 50 staff in total and they sorting out simply game bugs and crashes within a week

also had issues with bps i unlocked not showing in build menu, i removed the game completely, did anyone confirm reinstall can potentially fix?

I deleted and reinstalled it on both series and Xbox one and it did nothing other than cause my destiny 2 to occasionally ‘contact destiny servers’ during download lol. Did nothing for the workings of atlas. Still no bps for structures. Still blank map. Still crashes back to desktop when trying to uses the skills menu to build. It almost like it’s telling you to play another game by sending you back to desktop…

Just the blank map alone makes the game pointless for me. Then with all the other problems being the cherry on the the cow dung cake. Hopefully we'll get a patch before the next update, and I might play Atlas again.