Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

My full of wonders feedback (7.0 thread)

Previous thread is here : ))

Shall we???

01 - Forever music after crossing.

When we cross - there is a picture of atlas and music playing background. After we cross - this background music stays forever. Another music (like from leveling, or from high noon - play at the same time).

02 - Creepy dude in freeport.

He stays at D4, north freeport. And he scared me alot.

ckDduqp.jpg

03 - Cog ship hitbox is bigger than visual model.

Yeah - check how far ahead this ship is cutting through waves?

9x03rR9.jpg

• Like 1

04 - QoL. Blueprint frame at night tints surroundings to BLACKOUT!!!

As far as I understand this - when you look at bright objects in the game, all picture darken a bit to balance the picture brightness (I can't remember proper name of this effect. It can be found in many games). The problem here in ATLAS comes when you try to do precision engineering at night!!!🌒 When you try to place object - game count this blueprint frame as the brightest object ever and do endless blackout, so in just 3 second all you see is just frame.

This one is here since season 4 I guess... and I keep forgetting to mention that. It reduces QoL alot.

kS6AJjd.jpg

Hmmm...

05 - Sextant minimap needs to be fixed.

It shows borders where there are no borders. Ocean - where there is a land. Sometimes it shows names of my company where there are towers, but then those names disappear.

M9Vhv7q.jpg

R552eWr.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

06 - More about Farms radius...

U know... I still not very happy with all this farm radius stuff. Like check picture below. I show all territory I've got for just myself. I've got my base and 1st farm in the middle. I've got 2 towers far away. There is my territory too. But there is NOTHING there. Just tower. One farm. And huge circle forbidden to build on for every1 except me. And I'm not planning to build there.

So... maybe one day, when ppl will looking for their settle spot, they will see alot of empty captured lands... I mean. I've got just 3 land and 1 water tower. But I've got my neighbor and for last 3 days I keep seeing his claiming more and more. Like he wanna half of island for himsel.

25klS9c.jpg

Limit farms per island would be way better here.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 1

08 - Cyrillic and Asian fonts?

I'm not game dev, and I don't know how it works but... tell me. Is it THAT difficult to add different fronts support? I mean we have EA for 3 years now and still seeing this kind of chat...

BoSmZaY.jpg

09 - I2 tradewind doesn't show on the water.

Edited by George Catcher

10 - Teleport Issues.

As I mentioned in the beginning - after you teleport or cross - loading music plays forever non stop (mixing with other music). But also all textures turns to greatly reduced state.

ypTmGRs.jpg

UPD: That's happen, when you cross or teleport with game on background. Like you alt-tab or something.

Edited by George Catcher

Oh it's back!!!

Alright. Map is fixed. But textures still going to reduced state after you cross several times. Also I was carrying my new tiger to base and after each teleport I was lure him from the ocean back to my boat.

Edited by George Catcher

12 - Sails ponts and crossing. (This is important one!!!)

Ok right now we have plenty of ships BPs with x-tra modular points or x-tra sails points (or both). Unfortunatelly after we cross with ships like that, all x-tra sails points are reset to default values. What happens to x-tra sails. Well, as for me... first I crossed one of my sails got to inoperable state. It just stuck in one position. I couldn't use it. Even lantern attached to mast didn't light up from my steering wheel.

After I crossed another time - this sail just disappeared.

13 - Painting makes gunport modules randomly rotate.

When I paint gunport modules - they are rotates from inside to outside. After that - they might looks fixed. Or not. Or some of them going inside out, another - are fine. They brakes and fixes themselves randomly and I couldn't find out - what causes that.

3DBZHOH.jpg

14 - Gunports brakes and fixes for no reason.

When I was riding my Boardsider and hunting damned ships, once I've got WHOLE DECKS of gunports not working!!! It happened only once. I've got only 10 cannons (of 20) working. All gunports were opened, but only cannons from low decks were moved to shooting position (btw it happened after I engaged lvl-35 damned galley). Then, after a battle it was fixed for some reason.

Actually - all gunports are STILL BROKEN. I still can NOT replace cannons there (new one will be either forbidden to place, or pointing forward or backward and not operable). I even can't demolish cannons from gunports modules in my new Ramming Galley. One of my cannons in Ramming Galley not working at all (I have 9 cannons from one side, and only 8 from another side).

15 - Thanks.

I really enjoying some PVE changes that is improved my QoL.

a) - Vits depletion timers. For the first time ever I no more need to dodge left-right naked while cold, to make stamina low and high for several times, to loose my hunger. So I could eat, and regain my vits. Those were just annoying actions for like nothing. Right now even in far travels my hunger and vits are decreasing reasonable way.

b) - Sinking timers for modulars. I was riding my Boardsider and got my 3 planks gone "0", and I was able to save my ship. I hope there are same positive changes to all other modulars.

c) - Better ship BPs. It's really fun to have extra sails points. Unfortunately there are not much of modules yet, so extra modules points not that important. 

d) - I do like new map. With portals changes it became easy to get wherever you want. No more half atlas travels, 2h along the border, watching youtube.

e) - New skills. It's way better now.

f) - Cog - is gr8 ship for getting started.

Edited by George Catcher

16) - Cannons not showing their HP.

In modulars I have cannons not showing their HP. The only way to know if it's damaged - to see resources required for repair. 

WYLojZ2.jpg

17) - Invisible islands. The longer U in the game - the worse it's working.

Ok, here is the problem. The more U use a portals or cross the border - the worse all things in the game. First - size of textures go to lowest point possible (and there is no way to bring them back). If U continue to cross and use portals - all islands will be disappeared. The only structures and animals will left.

U'll see like buildings in the waters.

BBE3LTY.jpg

That's not just visual. U will have weird twitchy walk on the water surface. Unfrotunatelly from this point U can't log out to reload the game. U'll have "forever loading screen" and If U do - windows "task manager" is you only option. Or instead of "log out" - U can use Alt+F4 option.

Edited by George Catcher

18 - My crew caught a cold (I guess).

So. U can choice "Enable Wandering" on crew's round menu. But instead of wandering, they start to do some kind of emotions moves repeatedly. But... hmm... what's with the voice of my girl? Maybe because I live in Tundra, she caught a cold, what do you think?

19 - X-tra sails points are totally broken.

As I told U before, when U ride a modular with x-tra sails points, after U cross, U just loose all x-tra sails points (all values goes to default) and all x-tra sails as well. It turned out it not just that. If U decide to sell (or give away) your ship, after U unclaim it - it also looses all x-tra points and all x-tra sails immediately!!! 

DINnKXJ.jpg

@George Catcher keep it up mate. You stick to the game and give a lot of feedback. Not all to agree to because of your PVE focus but still importand even it's sometimes only small issues with painting failures etc. Those have to be adressed as well. Reading all this I can't get me to reinstall the game after third final delete again. Hopefully Devs will show up some time and reward this by just aknowledging that they read your points.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:36 AM, Nacona said:

@George Catcher keep it up mate. You stick to the game and give a lot of feedback. Not all to agree to because of your PVE focus but still importand even it's sometimes only small issues with painting failures etc. Those have to be adressed as well. Reading all this I can't get me to reinstall the game after third final delete again. Hopefully Devs will show up some time and reward this by just aknowledging that they read your points.

Yeah, thx M8. I do my best to keep in mind that I'm not in PVP so I try to avoid all balance suggestions as much as I can. I'm now out, waiting for 8th season : ))

Edited by George Catcher