Sign in to follow this  
George of the jungle

New update

Well we have a new update coming and the two things that are not a surprise are a map change and a wipe. Par for the course. They need to change the map so they can justify the wipe. We do need to recognize real quick that even though a wipe brings a small portion of the playerbase back it is always a smaller portion that the wipe before and the people that leave is always a higher amount than before.

having said that let’s get to the update. These portals have me thinking that a lot of people are going to lose their characters and ships in them. Hopefully not, but we need to be realistic at this point. At the very least you will sometimes be transported to a mountain too and your ship will sink(well break from being on a mountain top?).

pretty sure the portals are going to transport people to the middle of the ocean but then again it could bring back the nostalgia from the release of this game. Everyone got to hang out in the ocean with each other, it was wholesome fun. Hearing shouts in the distance “please kill me, so I can spawn somewhere else”. Good times

I Will be closely monitoring the steam charts to see what this update brings in terms of people playing. We will also need to keep a close eye on anything broken because we all know things get broken when updates come. We just can’t have nice things.

till then.

Well, I watched the vid of the mega update, I am not impressed that all that bs is what they thought the game needed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, monkguru said:

Well, I watched the vid of the mega update, I am not impressed that all that bs is what they thought the game needed.

Yeah, it legitimately seems as though they do the opposite every time. No clue why, but it seems they do.

I actually remember back in the day(first 6 months) people would get so pissed if anyone brought up fast travel or portals. I guess we can give some credit that they waited that long to snack people with it.

to be honest the original map was the best in my opinion. They just took this shit in a bad direction.

I think the occultish new features will turn off a few players.  Collect hearts (what about NPC hearts, can we breed slaves now?).  Totems, dark alters, sacrifices, portals.  Expansion of modular ships that were, in my opinion, patently broken.  My last Kraken ship spontaneously sunk after gridding with no explanation just three days ago.  Some of the stuff looks cool to me but I don't know.  Magic permeates every aspect of game play.

59 minutes ago, Pattus said:

I think the occultish new features will turn off a few players.  Collect hearts (what about NPC hearts, can we breed slaves now?).  Totems, dark alters, sacrifices, portals.  Expansion of modular ships that were, in my opinion, patently broken.  My last Kraken ship spontaneously sunk after gridding with no explanation just three days ago.  Some of the stuff looks cool to me but I don't know.  Magic permeates every aspect of game play.

Good take on that. Yeah the whole slave thing definitely won’t get a warm welcome if that is what is going on. Yeah server walls are already taking ships, I guarantee those portals are going to kill more ships than any server wall ever could.

peoole are going to be traveling with only primitive gear because there is no way they are swimming to shore. Just resplendent and lose what gear you have.

they kind of copied ark with the separate maps for biomes thing too though.

edit: very important. I also believe the “portals” are just a faster tradewinds from what they look like.

Edited by George of the jungle

This is not Atlas enymore why not change the name to The portels of hell!!!!! mfukkers

• Like 1