Adardoth

new/old ships Newer older ships please.

Is it no longer possible to add new ships on the older system of ships? If it is would you please consider adding classes of ships between the existing four old class ship models? I would like it a whole lot more than the ships that are being released now as i can make them in any kind of fashion and use. Sloop 1x6, caravel 2x8, schooner 3x10, barq somewhere inbetween schooner and brig, frigate between brig and galleon. The modular system is ok but 20k+ gold for a ship with very limited uses is too much and most here feel it is punishing for players.

Some says that there was a guy, who introduced generic ships, but then he left Atlas project and took all code and knowledge with him. Because of that, no one from current team knows how those ships were coded and how do they works. That's why there are no longer old design ships released, and never will.

The reason they can't is very simple. They take up too much server RAM. 

Basically the guys at Wild Card/Grape Shot did what they always do. They came up with a "wouldn't it be cool if..." idea, rapidly prototyped it and didn't bother to look at all the long term game design implications. 

Look at the Modular ships. They have minimal customization to avoid the same problem. I think they are mostly made from Majestic Kraken parts because 1) they have to minimize the impact on server RAM and 2) they simply don't have a dev team with the resources to add more modular ship parts.