Sign in to follow this  
Sadie Blackhawk

automated mine

Why aren't the mines/farmhouses/lumberyards etc tied to a company. Just came back to game and can't place any of the stuff because someone elses stuff is in the area. Kinda kills the excitement of finally finding land and well wasting time getting the mats to make one.

Edited by Sadie Blackhawk
overtired

I think you did things backwards in looking for a place to build a house. Now build your harvesters and go look for land to place them, then build a house there. Lots of land is open now to do so.

Already planned to demo everything/claim towers etc. I mean most games. you build a house first. Not plan for harvesters and then build a house. I mean its been a lot of sailing over the last 2 days to just find one spot to actually put a shipyard/claim towers down and then the 5k gold just to build a schooner.

Sadie - I did it the same way you did at first, then I took a week and looked only for a place I could put down gathering buildings and a market before I settled in. Took some time but finally found a spot.

And you really don't need to live near your gathers. If you like living where you are just teleport to service your gathers.

The issue being ive traveled a ton of grids just to find one spot to put down 2 claim towers. People say there is open land...where?  The settlements. Oh yeah majority say Not Accepting Settlers. I pretty much refuse to live on a settlement due to the fact i could lose everything if somone decides to be an asshole. So again. Where is this land. Sure I could sail around for another week and hope people dont log in. Sorry but if i dont make progress in a game within a week. That spells the end of the game for me. Living off a sloop isn't my idea of a good time considering two have already been sunk. The only place ive seen open land is in the tundra. Ok so lets go back to when you first started the game. Did you have enough stuff to survive the polar regions? In a few days did you have a schooner w/Ballistas to take down whales?  Esp with the cost of the ships these days. Yep i've got the whole 2300 hours played. It was when the game first came out. I stopped when they brought in the owning an island or living on someone elses settlement. The only reason i came back was due to the claim towers going back to the original system. Yep i found 2 blueprints for a mine and lumberyard that i stupidly built thinking well. I could place them. Warehouse too. Yep buncha shit wasted. Unless i've missed something im guessing this teleporting you are speaking of is fast traveling to a bed. I mean sure its great if you find open spots without other peoples stuff. Im late to the dance and either waiting for server wipe, maybe find some claims not being updated or my only ship a schooner will get destroyed and i'll uninstall the game at that point because the rediculous gold cost for a ship skeleton is a bit steep. I hit level 56 before i actually found a place to call a kinda home. The main point is that the whole automated thing-They advertise it. Sure one or two people per island will get lucky enough to utilize them. But its honestly the biggest joke.

6 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

The issue being ive traveled a ton of grids just to find one spot to put down 2 claim towers. People say there is open land...where?  The settlements. Oh yeah majority say Not Accepting Settlers. I pretty much refuse to live on a settlement due to the fact i could lose everything if somone decides to be an asshole. So again. Where is this land. Sure I could sail around for another week and hope people dont log in. Sorry but if i dont make progress in a game within a week. That spells the end of the game for me. Living off a sloop isn't my idea of a good time considering two have already been sunk. The only place ive seen open land is in the tundra. Ok so lets go back to when you first started the game. Did you have enough stuff to survive the polar regions? In a few days did you have a schooner w/Ballistas to take down whales?  Esp with the cost of the ships these days. Yep i've got the whole 2300 hours played. It was when the game first came out. I stopped when they brought in the owning an island or living on someone elses settlement. The only reason i came back was due to the claim towers going back to the original system. Yep i found 2 blueprints for a mine and lumberyard that i stupidly built thinking well. I could place them. Warehouse too. Yep buncha shit wasted. Unless i've missed something im guessing this teleporting you are speaking of is fast traveling to a bed. I mean sure its great if you find open spots without other peoples stuff. Im late to the dance and either waiting for server wipe, maybe find some claims not being updated or my only ship a schooner will get destroyed and i'll uninstall the game at that point because the rediculous gold cost for a ship skeleton is a bit steep. I hit level 56 before i actually found a place to call a kinda home. The main point is that the whole automated thing-They advertise it. Sure one or two people per island will get lucky enough to utilize them. But its honestly the biggest joke.

Yes it is a big joke.
They gave claim towers, but technically dont have a working restiction on how many you can place.
Everyone want to have all 4 gatherers, but most island only have space for that 4.
So one lucky player clutters the island with his towers to place the gatherers. Other people an put down Warehouses but no gathers.
But the gathers are only really needed for trading, for base/shipbuilding in the beginning they are to slow. So if you want to progress, get some harvesting tames and go ahead.

There is no need to have the farms, they surely help with the gold, but thats also slow and steady. Nowadays with rates a schooner is 2-3 green maps, or like 5-10 comon maps on your neighbour island.

Again, for PVE the whole system is just a joke, a buggy mess. Noone needs it, no newbee and no established player.

Best to play PVE as if that stuff doesnt exist.

ALSO: BPs for Gatherers are bugged as hell too, so dont wast mats to craft them, esp when they are conected to a warehouse.

Yeah im figuring out all the changes as I go along. Thanks for the heads up on the Manned stuff for crew etc. Need to get another level to get the large speed sails. Kinda forgot to get that part. Figure i'll work on that next. I went out and got some rhinos, giraffe, elephants yesterday. Was able to actually find a place to put a mine where i'm currently residing.  It's nice but honestly not needed as you said. I have pretty much given up on the whole warehouse idea. I mean the only redeeming thing about the whole warehouse is storage/market/traderoutes-( wanted to experience that and so I  don't have to make 50 billion chests). I mean the whole fix would be taking out the radius. Putting it in the company. Slap a limit of 1 per company and call it a  day. I have noticed that huge amounts of claim towers are going down just for the farmhouses/warehouses etc.

The  amount of sotd groups has made me turn my focus to getting at least a brig made. I mean the schooner is great and all but it was ultimately just for finding land after I lost my second sloop. Thankfully I was at shore on a lawless island outside of a freeport so I could rescue the 5k gold I had on it.

I mean still. I am not a fan of this gold cost for a ship skeleton. I could see gold cost on the newer specialty ships. But you basic bitches aka the original ships shouldn't have that tied to them. While the rates at 5x gold are fine. If it was 1x. No way in hell. Bit by bit im starting to understand why the player counts are as low as they are. If you just bought the game. Seen a treasure map for 100 gold and the 5k cost for a schooner. That is a giant deterrent. I mean it took me 3 hours to sail home from a freeport on a sloop- going from B8 to C2. I coulda gone the other way through polar-but naked in a sloop. OH helllllllll no.