Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Patch 530.05 - Broadsider Patch

Ahoy Pathfinders!

With this upcoming patch, we’re looking to turn up the heat and blow you away with a new ship that may leave you feeling as if you’ve been hit out of nowhere.

The Broadsider is a heavy-hitter packing a devastating punch with 40 cannons at its disposal. Given the opportunity, the ship will make quick work of any vessel or defenses that are unfortunate to fall into its firing range. 

Atlas Screenshot 2021.09.27 - 16.14.46.23.jpg

However, this will be the first ship to be only available through blueprints. These blueprints may be found in shipwreck sunken treasure locations and will come in different rarities. The rarer the blueprint, the more modular points players will have to deck out their ships. Test your luck and  see if you can find a mythical Broadsider to add to your fleet.

We also have some major fixes in this update and will be continuing our effort to make Atlas a better game with each iteration. Please continue to submit any bugs to our bug report form here. We review all entries and will be sure to address all issues as soon as we are able.

As always, we, the Atlas team, appreciate your support and ‘til next time, may your skies be clear, waters calm, and sails full in whichever way you roam. 

:anchor:  Released Patch Notes  :anchor:

v531.05
New Content:
Atlas Screenshot 2021.09.27 - 15.51.42.49.jpg

New Modular Ship Variant: Broadsider
The Broadsider is the first in a new system of modular ships that is only craftable from blueprints. These blueprints are found in shipwrecked sunken treasure locations around the world, and craftable in the advanced shipyard.

• Cost: 22,000 gold and 50 dried tentacle
  • Weapons: 40 standard cannons
  • Max Level: 50
  • Sail Points: 10
  • Repair Resource: Patch Kit

Blueprint Only Modular Ships

• Blueprints for ships that are unique
  • Found at shipwreck sunken treasure locations
  • Quality of the blueprint scales modular points on the ship, which allows for additional customization options.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed areas on the Mortar ship, Kraken and Ramming Galley where paint was not showing properly
  • Fixed Instances in which the Paint Spray gun would not cover all regions
  • Fixed Position of the Steering Wheel on Mortar Ship
  • Fixed instances where Islands could affect nearby seaforts' peacetime.
  • Fixed Instances in which Control Points could be selected as Islands to respawn on
  • Fixed instances in which company cooldown was being circumvented

Misc.

• Ship Respec should now be working properly after 48 hour cooldown

Known Issues:

• Broadsider Icon is outdated
  • Scaffolding length on the Advanced Shipyard for the Broadsider is incorrect
  • Small gap in the front castle of the Broadsider
  • Graphical inconsistency with water surrounding the Kraken and Broadsider
  • Ladder position on the back of broadsider is incorrect

Atlas Screenshot 2021.09.27 - 15.50.24.47.jpg

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

r9-sTzYK9benJ13gIXoRbLN0Ohhsim5fUMWdRJ_d

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas

Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

good job on fixing those couple bugs and thank you for another shit modular ship nobody will use and a system nobody likes.  BONUS IS YOU RELEASE A SHIT SHIP WITH KNOWN ISSUES INSTEAD OF TAKIGN THE TIME TO RELEASE SHIT THAT WORKS AND LOOKS RIGHT. Good thing im not the project manager yall would have been fired ages ago.

Edited by Reeking cannonbait

"As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!" -----> Lol crazy sad state things have become over several years..... I wonder how much feedback and suggestions have been marked as solved, nobody is supporting anything you have done or continue to do....You guys have no clue what you are doing and it shows.

Thanks for the big summer update, apprechiate.
Turns out the big plans for september was just another ship.

I am so sick of all the variants of a longer schooner, they look so bad in my opinion.

Hello Developers, designers and all others on this project,

Please look at this image with an open mind and heart then ask yourself what is wrong here. 

91sSXxL.jpg

You are creating content that continues to generate mostly negative feedback and your communication with the community has all but shut down. I recall the ARK early access period. It was exciting and fun with all the new things that, for the most part, made the game better and I still play ARK to this very day! I strongly feel this pure pvp focus and the forced generic ship design are destroying any potential this game has/had.

Please consider resetting your course and do what you have done before. Make an amazing game for all to enjoy! Thank you and much love. I really want to see you and this game succeed!

Edited by Wildeheart
clarity

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed areas on the Mortar ship, Kraken and Ramming Galley where paint was not showing properly
  • Fixed Instances in which the Paint Spray gun would not cover all regions
  • Fixed Position of the Steering Wheel on Mortar Ship
  • Fixed instances where Islands could affect nearby seaforts' peacetime.
  • Fixed Instances in which Control Points could be selected as Islands to respawn on
  • Fixed instances in which company cooldown was being circumvented

really????

Known Issues:

• Broadsider Icon is outdated
  • Scaffolding length on the Advanced Shipyard for the Broadsider is incorrect
  • Small gap in the front castle of the Broadsider
  • Graphical inconsistency with water surrounding the Kraken and Broadsider
  • Ladder position on the back of broadsider is incorrect

really????

Can you even read what people write here and you must be sabotaging the rented servers by nitrado people are not waiting on new ships fix the f**ingbugs also on rented servers please.

6 minutes ago, DSSammy13 said:

I wonder if this patch will fix the bug where single player will not load on Xbox Series X? 

I cam load single player on my xbox serie x

4 minutes ago, The Max said:

I cam load single player on my xbox serie x

I wish I could, it is so random it will work for 1 or 2 days then get stuck on the loading screen when the loading bar says "ocean". Been an issue the entire month or so I have owned the game. 

It loaded last night fine, this morning same issue.

10 hours ago, Wildeheart said:

Please look at this image with an open mind and heart then ask yourself what is wrong here. 

91sSXxL.jpg

You are creating content that continues to generate mostly negative feedback and your communication with the community has all but shut down. I recall the ARK early access period. It was exciting and fun with all the new things that, for the most part, made the game better and I still play ARK to this very day! I strongly feel this pure pvp focus and the forced generic ship design are destroying any potential this game has/had.

Please consider resetting your course and do what you have done before. Make an amazing game for all to enjoy! Thank you and much love. I really want to see you and this game succeed!

The problem with the comparison, is aside Atlas being forked off from Ark, the two have nothing in common anymore, developmentally.  Ark has stayed in the same hands, more or less, from start to finish.  Atlas got handed off to some nobody know-nothings who have neither none of the directional sense, nor none of the community involvement.

Hey Grapeshot B-Team!  Y'all are totally garbage at everything.  Game design, community engagement, player satisfaction!  Modders are better than you at giving people what they want!

Case in point; I just saw this mod linked on the announcement page for the pile of trash you so proudly trotted out.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2539752770

The mod here has me incomparably more excited for what it could offer to the game, then anything you guys have done in the past year.  And that will probably be the future case, the only way I can enjoy Atlas in any real way is private games, modded severely.

Y'all are so out of touch, it's just pathetic.

12 hours ago, Wildeheart said:

91sSXxL.jpg

this man scares me he isnt just a mega virgin screaming about how "THEY ARENT DOING IT RIGHT" and if anyone is reading this maybe if you left some calmer comments the devs would listen a bit more

52 minutes ago, human thee three said:

this man scares me he isnt just a mega virgin screaming about how "THEY ARENT DOING IT RIGHT" and if anyone is reading this maybe if you left some calmer comments the devs would listen a bit more

Smart one what do you think people have been doing since  12/22/2018 Minecraft or COD is better  suited for you. Okay princess 

5 hours ago, Armyvet said:

Smart one what do you think people have been doing since  12/22/2018 Minecraft or COD is better  suited for you. Okay princess 

people have been complete assholes to the devs since the start and if you didnt know yelling at devs doesnt make them want to listen it just makes em go "eh just some cunt" and cod is fuckin terrible compared to atlas what r you 12 r some shit

22 hours ago, human thee three said:

people have been complete assholes to the devs since the start and if you didnt know yelling at devs doesnt make them want to listen it just makes em go "eh just some cunt" and cod is fuckin terrible compared to atlas what r you 12 r some shit

Hey dumbass  the only dumb cunt was the one the gave birth to you. FYI you fuck up the first team  of Dev's  got fired you really  are the one that brings a knife  to a guy fight. Did you forget to take your  medication.  Do people a favor  smack your  mother fir swallowing the wrong child. 

Edited by Armyvet

13 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Ship is the same cost as Majestic Kraken, but have more cannons : )) Why do we need Majestic Kraken then? : ))

Was my first thought too. It is longer Majestic Kraken without blue color and kraken design. Still same issue with turning rate, repair system. But maybe 3 large sails for better speed. I guess a Brig ist still better ship and a Gally as well. No wonders they announce this one and list the bugs the ships still has. Stretching the modular design was to diffficult. Just deleted 4 days ago to play in a New World. Just have time at work to read this forum once a week to check if this loved game get worse and worse. Now playing PvP when ever i like or just quest or gather/craft without being trolled and griefed... this i will never miss from Atlas...

Keep it up devs. I appreciate you listen to the community and do what they ask for on Discord or in Nirvana. Don't bother to read the forum please.

Nice picture by the way. That PVE castle gets attacked by a PvP ship.... imagine the cannons could reach the walls... but the range is not enough so the impact is below the castle in the rock. I would love to see a video of the devs testing this ship in PvP fight with some other ships. Give us a hind of the tactics we could use this ship for.

Edited by Nacona

Under 1000 players now lol, pretty soon each player that leaves will be worth 1% of their game population... LOSING players after a content patch should say alot about how people feel about the direction the devs have been taking the game....

FACTIONS FACTIONS FACTIONS... when yall gonna listen.

I finally gave up ark after 20k+ hours played. Remembered that I did enjoy this back in 2018 and decided to give it another go. I was actually excited to see the land claim towers or going back to the original system somewhat. I stopped playing when they introduced the whole island claiming and if you didn't buy an island then you were subject to losing your stuff if the island owner decided they didn't want you there. Then seeing the whole automated systems that take some of the grunt work out. Boy was I surprised that only a chosen few will ever be able to put down any of the farmhouses/warehouses. Not a fan of this gold cost for ships. Had it not been a 4x Gold. I woulda uninstalled the game right away with the 5k cost for a schooner. I mean traveling grids on a sloop.......I've spent 5 days looking for land and countless hours farming the resources to make said farmhouses to be sorely disappointed.  Maybe PVP is different but i'm a PVE player. I actually like hunting for the different resources etc. Finally find a little landing strip to make a newbie base. At least if I die I have a respawn point.  I don't understand why the warehouses and stuff aren't tied to a company. Furthermore. Now that i've built and can't place. Its a ton of wasted resources.  Everyone should be able to enjoy them not just 1 or 2 people per island. I see they still have some settlements but 98% of them say no settlers.. I mean what's the point. Might as well make the entire map claim tower/flag and limit how many a company can have. Lawless lands are the only active grids. I was actually at the point of completely uninstalling the game again and gave it till the end of the night to find a place to live. The only redeeming thing i've seen is that at least the discovery points are a little more manageable then trying to find needles in a haystack. So after some massive confusion about the whole shipyard thing. Ok so i built an advanced unknowningly and couldn't figure out why brig wasn't in the list... Why do we need 2 different large shipyards? Just more giant crap to clutter up the map. Then reading about how useless the new ships are....One would think after 3+ years the state of the game would be a bit better. But honestly i'm not sure i'll invest another 2300 hours in like  I did when it first came out. Was hoping this would keep me entertained through my husbands deployment but looks like it'll be like my sloops...all at the bottom of the sea. /end rant from a returning player.

Is it possible to put in less expensive ships into the game? 20k gold for a ship is a fair amount of gold. Also if possible could you communicate with the community that you have left?