Sign in to follow this  
Bobothewizard

Its not the devs that are messing this up.

Its you!

Hah, nah im just kidding. But remember devs are just that, developers. They get specs from management and just write the code to match the specs given to them. 

I honestly think its management getting pressure from upper mangement on what to add, and i think that that upper management is most likely from ark. Hence this stuff being added is ark type stuff. If i had to guess there is most likely a fairly lage disconnect between atlas management and their upper management and i base that guess on recent patch content.  Honestly the patch content really doesnt make much sense or match the roadmap given 6 months ago.

I am or was a developer years ago but now i am in management and i have seen this before with the disconnects like this and unfortunately when this happens projects like this get cancelled after so long. Sure you can say covid put the screws to development teams but its no longer a valid argument due to all the resorces availble at you disposal to tele work and colaborate on your project i.e. teams, skype all that is available. 

Year and a half ago my cousin and I played this, pve only, and we had a blast. Sure it got boring saiiling just around for different resources but we had a good time sailg and doing silly crap while we were sailing then it just went downhill fast when we had boneheads blocking our port and stuff like that but i assume they were bored too so they just decided to grief.

This can be a really good game along side ark but i think they need to get their management together and really think what they want to do and get everybody on the same page. Some pre-built ships and flower pots are not going to cut it.  

Folks will come back if people start talking about it in a positive light, but the way things are now people will come to this website and see the craptasticc patch notes and just keep playing whatever they are currently playing and not give it a second thought.

Edited by Bobothewizard

"The devs" does not mean the little innocent code monkey who is only obeying orders and following specs.

"The devs" is the one singular entity that is responsible for everything: The whole company.

But in this case, given all the terribly bone-headed management and design decisions on one hand, as well as a mind-boggling amount of god awful bugs on the other, every single link in the chain seems like a weak one.

Nobody is going to come back to this mess.

Oh these guys are way past salvation of this game. They have proven their incompetence time and time again. One would have to be a fool to believe otherwise.

and as far as ark goes atlas never had a chance at being a success, let alone an ark sized success. From the day atlas was realizes the playerbase started dropping and it hasn’t stopped. Even when the wipe brings in new people they leave again just as fast as they came. This would go in the record books of one of the biggest failures in gaming history.