Sign in to follow this  
George of the jungle

The 1000 club

Well the time has come and atlas has reached the 1000 club. Just now they hit 999.6 average. A very big milestone of the future. For a long time there it seemed like it would never go below 1400 because the same people usually joined back in each update. Last update went to 1108 so it was pretty close but with no date for the release of the next update we can be sure we will see even lower than 999.6

welcome to the 1000 club guys. This is your new home.

• Like 2

I moved homes. Was tired of the downward spiral. The best game to come along in 5 years and it’s potential has been squandered by this team of fucking morons. 

• Like 4

Man, they are down to an average of 968 players. That is one of the worst numbers I have ever seen in gaming. That small number is also spread throughout 3 big clusters and Unofficials.

I gotta make sure to ask the guys on official servers what it is like to play an online single player game lmao

we are close to averaging only .5 player per server. Like not even I full person. Just a half a person lol

When i logged in this morning there was only 500 people in game.  I've been on all day and maybe seen 5 people enter my grid. Currently i've seen more SoTd groups then players through grids. Had to go pick up some more crew after an unfortunate taming accident wiped out my crew members...8 grids in a sloop later.

Edited by Sadie Blackhawk

5 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

When i logged in this morning there was only 500 people in game.  I've been on all day and maybe seen 5 people enter my grid. Currently i've seen more SoTd groups then players through grids. Had to go pick up some more crew after an unfortunate taming accident wiped out my crew members...8 grids in a sloop later.

There are manned puckes/cannons to recuite crew 😉
Did you try to tame a drake or what?

21 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Man, they are down to an average of 968 players. That is one of the worst numbers I have ever seen in gaming. That small number is also spread throughout 3 big clusters and Unofficials.

I gotta make sure to ask the guys on official servers what it is like to play an online single player game lmao

we are close to averaging only .5 player per server. Like not even I full person. Just a half a person lol

You did prove multiple times that you cant really handle data, maybe stop using them in your arguments.
What is your mission here btw, since almost a year you bring up the same stuff from time to time. If atlas isnt yours anymore, just let it diefor you and move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kummba said:

You did prove multiple times that you cant really handle data, maybe stop using them in your arguments.
What is your mission here btw, since almost a year you bring up the same stuff from time to time. If atlas isnt yours anymore, just let it diefor you and move on.

Oh my data is flawless. Yours however kind of leads me to believe you were merely projecting. I joined exactly 6 months ago. That isn’t “almost a year” as you said. Far from it actually. I would have to double my time here just to get to a year.

kind of like how the devs would have to double the player count just to get to an average of 1 person per server lmao.

don’t tell me you are mad because you are playing a game that is a total failure are you. I mean remember, it is number 67 on the bottom 100 list on steam. They call it the hall of shame. 

playing the game because you want to is one thing but defending it is just pathetic. 

6 hours ago, Kummba said:

There are manned puckes/cannons to recuite crew 😉
Did you try to tame a drake or what?

Wait what is this you speak of to recruit crew?

No so umm I was over getting a rhino to get stone. Thought i bola'd it far away and ran with my bear back to my boat to pick up a few more bolas.

Well lets just say the rhino hauled ass over to my ship. Crew wasn't on passive. They dived to defend my bear and well. I manually had to sail my schooner back to base to drop off animals then die to hit a freeport, find gold and sail back home in a sloop.

Ohhhh I just found Captain of Renown. Still a few levels off before i can get that! Or can i go to other peoples places and recruit crew from there? Todays mission is finish getting a base built.

Hey Devs, now might be time to see what the popular mods are doing for the game...  as many have more subscribers than you have active player counts, now.

3 hours ago, Teron Gray said:

Hey Devs, now might be time to see what the popular mods are doing for the game...  as many have more subscribers than you have active player counts, now.

First off they'd have to shrink the map drastically. Maybe do 1 grid for each biome instead of the tons of grids. People like to be social with other people. The current game rightnow feels like a ghost town or essentially single player. Mods won't exactly save the emptiness. Instead of going big they need to think smaller scale. Get your basic needed grids down. If they need to add more grids to accomodate people then do so at that point. Do some much needed tlc to the bugs in game. Once you have an active base population then can start adding in other stuff.

This game is dead. Its beyond saving. 3 years in EA is a joke, and lets be honest its not EA at this point they're just stringing it along. They are milking it for all its worth to fund their ARK baby. Updates with things no one ever asked for, ships which are completely ridiculous and just an attempt to hide bad code they cant fix.. game is a joke.

The main activity goes on private servers with mods and better quality of life changes. I left official not long after the forts were implemented. Been playing on IS server since and its great fun. A lot less grief, people actually get along and give advice instead of insulting each other. Playing since phase 1 I wouldn't touch official with a barge pole these days.

But then all you have to do is look at the forums to see how dead it is here now. Barely a post a day in the main general chat. Says everything you need to know.

1 hour ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

This game is dead. Its beyond saving. 3 years in EA is a joke, and lets be honest its not EA at this point they're just stringing it along. They are milking it for all its worth to fund their ARK baby. Updates with things no one ever asked for, ships which are completely ridiculous and just an attempt to hide bad code they cant fix.. game is a joke.

The main activity goes on private servers with mods and better quality of life changes. I left official not long after the forts were implemented. Been playing on IS server since and its great fun. A lot less grief, people actually get along and give advice instead of insulting each other. Playing since phase 1 I wouldn't touch official with a barge pole these days.

But then all you have to do is look at the forums to see how dead it is here now. Barely a post a day in the main general chat. Says everything you need to know.

You know, if we were in school debate class right now and you brought this argument to the table and it was my turn for rebuttal.....

inwould just turn to the teacher and say “he is right” and then walk off the podium gracefully.

well said.

Well we are a day into the update and so far the peak players are 2100. We will have to see what the weekend holds but this is not looking good. That last update had a peak of 5200.

I have a feeling the weekend won’t bring too much because as far as official servers go, if you don’t get in at the beginning you are screwed. For pvp you will be way behind the curve for progression to where you have no chance if you wait till the weekend. For pve it will be just as bad but in a different way. By the time the weekend starts every bit of land will be claimed and have foundations and fence post literally everywhere and you will NEVER be able to build.

good luck guys. If you are the weekend warrior you are already done son lol.

Edited by George of the jungle

I also think it is worth mentioning that they are trying to manipulate steam charts. They did the update on the 27th to make sure there was a few days to raise the average player count on steam charts. 

Unfotunately for them even though it is slightly raising currently, they screwed all the people that couldn’t play till the weekend(which is most people). Those people have no chance anymore so we won’t see the numbers raise that high. 

whatever the average number is at midnight the 31st will be written in stone on steam charts and they don’t want it to be below 1k. It still will be but you can’t stop that small of a number that has been there for as long as it has been. Too late guys.

Just checked and numbers are already going down. This is not a good sign. Usually they keep steady for a little while after an update, but with how small the influx was after the update they really can’t afford to already be losing people.

I mean these devs only update every several months so this is going to be bad. They were already at 800 average but this will probably break that record.

the losers living in rookie cove because they are whimps will actually cause more people to leave than the Megan’s this time. The devs really showed how stupid they were with this update. The “beginner” area is now abused and manipulated than anything else. There are actually losers living in armored dock yards. Had to tell one guy on Reddit he was pathetic because he did that lmao. which it really is pathetic if you just hang out in rookie cove. We are talking true BETAAAAAAA!!!!! 😂

anyways, this is quite possibly the worst update they have had which is saying a lot from a game that is at the bottom 100 steam games of all time. They don’t call it the hall of shame for nothing.

keep being inept devs. This is getting funny now.

guess what is coming for the next update? Guaranteed they are making a new map nobody asked for 😂 only way they justify a wipe every single time. I don’t think any “player” is stupid enough to believe anything otherwise.

salute the sinking ship lol