lemand81

I am just curious, is Atlas done?

I promised I am not trolling, I really enjoy Atlas I played it from launch to the second wipe on officials, then I went back to Ark.  But I decided to give it a try and there are some improvements and some not so cool changes(looking at you gold cost for schooner).  But I I am looking at the notes and social media(what I can find) and it feels like they have abandoned this project which is terrible because there was so much promise.  Maybe I am missing the activity and there is lots coming?  Please tell me.  Part of revisiting this game is because it was a favorite of a good friend of mine who died this year, so I wanted to sail again, but I don't see as much progress as I had hoped but maybe there is more to come?

1 hour ago, lemand81 said:

I promised I am not trolling, I really enjoy Atlas I played it from launch to the second wipe on officials, then I went back to Ark.  But I decided to give it a try and there are some improvements and some not so cool changes(looking at you gold cost for schooner).  But I I am looking at the notes and social media(what I can find) and it feels like they have abandoned this project which is terrible because there was so much promise.  Maybe I am missing the activity and there is lots coming?  Please tell me.  Part of revisiting this game is because it was a favorite of a good friend of mine who died this year, so I wanted to sail again, but I don't see as much progress as I had hoped but maybe there is more to come?

Yeah they are pretty much done. The summer update is now going to be a spring update and it is going to be a bad one. Some decorations, spikes and riding a spider.

theu will also probably change the map and do another wipe so I wouldn’t bother playing right now because it will be gone soon anyways.

player counts are at an all time low and every wipe, even though it brings people back that number keeps getting smaller and the decrease keeps getting bigger.

so yeah, even though they aren’t technically done , they are done.

If your not currently invested, I'd suggest not becoming invested. All the hopes I once had of what Atlas could become is gone. Atlas has turned promise to disappointment.  Expecting a wipe I now only log to feed my 20 bears and I'm not even sure why I do that. Most changes are useless or a changes for the worse. The 3 grids I live in had normal populations in the teens or 20's are now mostly empty.

If they do a spring wipe they will be going against a newly released New World. I expect it will be the death roll of the game.

The promise of Atlas has been squandered.

• Like 1

Moi prochaine restat du jeux j arrête j en ai mare de recommence à zéro chaque fois 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 11:42 PM, George of the jungle said:

Yeah they are pretty much done. The summer update is now going to be a spring update and it is going to be a bad one. Some decorations, spikes and riding a spider.

theu will also probably change the map and do another wipe so I wouldn’t bother playing right now because it will be gone soon anyways.

player counts are at an all time low and every wipe, even though it brings people back that number keeps getting smaller and the decrease keeps getting bigger.

so yeah, even though they aren’t technically done , they are done.

Where did they mention the next update? Also, I'm pretty sure that spiders are ride-able now since I've ridden one this season - granted, I might just have been drunk and imagined that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kast said:

Where did they mention the next update? Also, I'm pretty sure that spiders are ride-able now since I've ridden one this season - granted, I might just have been drunk and imagined that.

It is the “sneek peek” they have in the main area. Literally showed a hanging plant, spikes on the floor and a dude on a spider. 

oh it’s called the teaser on here. It was a sneek peek on Twitter lol

wither way it was pretty pathetic 

Edited by George of the jungle

Those weren’t spikes for decorations that was the skin of the idiotic turtle they plan on breaking (introducing) into the game. 

You know... I still feel that this Atlas being developed on leftover basis. It's like they have around 35 ppl overall in company, they do ARK-II, they work enthusiastically there. And then, once in 1-2 days, one or two developers open Atlas project and do something there within couple of hours.

I was 3D developer long ago, I was creating Russian trains for TainZ game in 3D studio Max, and It took me the same time to introduce my new projects, as they do this modular ships. I was working alone and using my free time, after university and some homework.

It's not DEVs bad, or something. It's just they don't wanna to. They do more interesting and more important projects. Atlas is more like burden project for them. They don't have time to love it, to feel excited about it, to share their feelings. Even each patch notes - they are ve-e-e-ery formal with copy-paste text like:  Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, and will be there for next 10-15 years...

I mean I would be glad if I wrong here, I just saying my feelings.

Dark and light In my opinion is the best game these devs have produced, and over 4 years it's still in early access, I don't know why they never brought that out for xbox. At least it has plenty to do in it. And single player works really well. But still Early access over 4 years, What does that say is gonna happen to atlas? As for the plant pot.........

On 8/29/2021 at 12:08 AM, George Catcher said:

You know... I still feel that this Atlas being developed on leftover basis. It's like they have around 35 ppl overall in company, they do ARK-II, they work enthusiastically there. And then, once in 1-2 days, one or two developers open Atlas project and do something there within couple of hours.

I was 3D developer long ago, I was creating Russian trains for TainZ game in 3D studio Max, and It took me the same time to introduce my new projects, as they do this modular ships. I was working alone and using my free time, after university and some homework.

It's not DEVs bad, or something. It's just they don't wanna to. They do more interesting and more important projects. Atlas is more like burden project for them. They don't have time to love it, to feel excited about it, to share their feelings. Even each patch notes - they are ve-e-e-ery formal with copy-paste text like:  Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, and will be there for next 10-15 years...

I mean I would be glad if I wrong here, I just saying my feelings.

Very good description, but it is still devs bad though because that is unprofessional behavior on their part.

• Like 1