lemand81

I am just curious, is Atlas done?

I promised I am not trolling, I really enjoy Atlas I played it from launch to the second wipe on officials, then I went back to Ark.  But I decided to give it a try and there are some improvements and some not so cool changes(looking at you gold cost for schooner).  But I I am looking at the notes and social media(what I can find) and it feels like they have abandoned this project which is terrible because there was so much promise.  Maybe I am missing the activity and there is lots coming?  Please tell me.  Part of revisiting this game is because it was a favorite of a good friend of mine who died this year, so I wanted to sail again, but I don't see as much progress as I had hoped but maybe there is more to come?

1 hour ago, lemand81 said:

I promised I am not trolling, I really enjoy Atlas I played it from launch to the second wipe on officials, then I went back to Ark.  But I decided to give it a try and there are some improvements and some not so cool changes(looking at you gold cost for schooner).  But I I am looking at the notes and social media(what I can find) and it feels like they have abandoned this project which is terrible because there was so much promise.  Maybe I am missing the activity and there is lots coming?  Please tell me.  Part of revisiting this game is because it was a favorite of a good friend of mine who died this year, so I wanted to sail again, but I don't see as much progress as I had hoped but maybe there is more to come?

Yeah they are pretty much done. The summer update is now going to be a spring update and it is going to be a bad one. Some decorations, spikes and riding a spider.

theu will also probably change the map and do another wipe so I wouldn’t bother playing right now because it will be gone soon anyways.

player counts are at an all time low and every wipe, even though it brings people back that number keeps getting smaller and the decrease keeps getting bigger.

so yeah, even though they aren’t technically done , they are done.

If your not currently invested, I'd suggest not becoming invested. All the hopes I once had of what Atlas could become is gone. Atlas has turned promise to disappointment.  Expecting a wipe I now only log to feed my 20 bears and I'm not even sure why I do that. Most changes are useless or a changes for the worse. The 3 grids I live in had normal populations in the teens or 20's are now mostly empty.

If they do a spring wipe they will be going against a newly released New World. I expect it will be the death roll of the game.

The promise of Atlas has been squandered.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 11:42 PM, George of the jungle said:

Yeah they are pretty much done. The summer update is now going to be a spring update and it is going to be a bad one. Some decorations, spikes and riding a spider.

theu will also probably change the map and do another wipe so I wouldn’t bother playing right now because it will be gone soon anyways.

player counts are at an all time low and every wipe, even though it brings people back that number keeps getting smaller and the decrease keeps getting bigger.

Where did they mention the next update? Also, I'm pretty sure that spiders are ride-able now since I've ridden one this season - granted, I might just have been drunk and imagined that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kast said:

Where did they mention the next update? Also, I'm pretty sure that spiders are ride-able now since I've ridden one this season - granted, I might just have been drunk and imagined that.

It is the “sneek peek” they have in the main area. Literally showed a hanging plant, spikes on the floor and a dude on a spider. 

oh it’s called the teaser on here. It was a sneek peek on Twitter lol

wither way it was pretty pathetic 

Edited by George of the jungle

Those weren’t spikes for decorations that was the skin of the idiotic turtle they plan on breaking (introducing) into the game. 

You know... I still feel that this Atlas being developed on leftover basis. It's like they have around 35 ppl overall in company, they do ARK-II, they work enthusiastically there. And then, once in 1-2 days, one or two developers open Atlas project and do something there within couple of hours.

I was 3D developer long ago, I was creating Russian trains for TainZ game in 3D studio Max, and It took me the same time to introduce my new projects, as they do this modular ships. I was working alone and using my free time, after university and some homework.

It's not DEVs bad, or something. It's just they don't wanna to. They do more interesting and more important projects. Atlas is more like burden project for them. They don't have time to love it, to feel excited about it, to share their feelings. Even each patch notes - they are ve-e-e-ery formal with copy-paste text like:  Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, and will be there for next 10-15 years...

I mean I would be glad if I wrong here, I just saying my feelings.

Dark and light In my opinion is the best game these devs have produced, and over 4 years it's still in early access, I don't know why they never brought that out for xbox. At least it has plenty to do in it. And single player works really well. But still Early access over 4 years, What does that say is gonna happen to atlas? As for the plant pot.........

On 8/29/2021 at 12:08 AM, George Catcher said:

You know... I still feel that this Atlas being developed on leftover basis. It's like they have around 35 ppl overall in company, they do ARK-II, they work enthusiastically there. And then, once in 1-2 days, one or two developers open Atlas project and do something there within couple of hours.

I was 3D developer long ago, I was creating Russian trains for TainZ game in 3D studio Max, and It took me the same time to introduce my new projects, as they do this modular ships. I was working alone and using my free time, after university and some homework.

It's not DEVs bad, or something. It's just they don't wanna to. They do more interesting and more important projects. Atlas is more like burden project for them. They don't have time to love it, to feel excited about it, to share their feelings. Even each patch notes - they are ve-e-e-ery formal with copy-paste text like:  Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, and will be there for next 10-15 years...

I mean I would be glad if I wrong here, I just saying my feelings.

Very good description, but it is still devs bad though because that is unprofessional behavior on their part.

• Like 1

Its sad, really. They just started calling the screw ups "Seasons" and now sell it to you as a feature. So much potential. Such a waste. This game would even have had better chances as an Ark DLC.

Been saying FACTIONS for years check my history. Duno who is in charge of thinking up new ways to ruin the game but they need to be given a stern talking to.

Well, New World is 2 days from here. Then most of playerbase who stay here will consist of "bear breeders" and "minecraft castle contructors" I guess...

Started getting the itch to play again and decided to check out the forums. My god this is depressing. How can we resurrect this game? To this day, I have never had as much fun playing a game as I had playing Atlas. Like legit emotional responses when I see old screen shots and stuff. It was the people that made it so much fun, man we gotta figure this out. Somebody go win the lotto and fund these people

Season 1 - Rum Guzzlers

Season 2 - Pirate Law

man good times

Edited by sorcia

On 9/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, George Catcher said:

Well, New World is 2 days from here. Then most of playerbase who stay here will consist of "bear breeders" and "minecraft castle contructors" I guess...

Do me a favor man, don’t do you review of this new BS ship. You do a very good job at it but every time I see you do it I get so pissed I wish stuff on the devs because they won’t bother.

so just this time do me that favor and don’t bother. Total waste of your time.

3 hours ago, sorcia said:

Started getting the itch to play again and decided to check out the forums. My god this is depressing. How can we resurrect this game? To this day, I have never had as much fun playing a game as I had playing Atlas. Like legit emotional responses when I see old screen shots and stuff. It was the people that made it so much fun, man we gotta figure this out. Somebody go win the lotto and fund these people

Season 1 - Rum Guzzlers

Season 2 - Pirate Law

man good times

Nope. It wasn’t good on the beginning either. Like you said the people made it fun. It was never a good game.

never has been and never will be. The devs are literally the worst devs in the entire gaming industry(don’t bother trying to think of others, I’ll just disagree and end it).

there is a reason this game is at the bottom 100 steam games on the “wall of shame” that is a simple fact.

Edited by George of the jungle
  • Like 1

See, I disagree. You're not wrong about the game having it's issues, but the devs gave me a game that I played more than any other game in my entire life. I'm reinstalling the game right now, going to try and get some of my old buddies back on. Hopefully one day they'll invest more into its development. I heard they added seasons which was something I always thought would be a great idea. Wipe every 3-4 months and have a new theme for each season. Maybe make things a little less grindy and require less time investment for people with jobs. I think that could reignite some interest. I would say market the seasons as a feature - I always love it when everyone starts with a blank slate. Either way, I've always loved this game. 

• Like 1

Totally agree. Good game concept and lots of fun. The awe and wonder of launching a newly created ship for the first time and discovering what lay ahead on the open seas was amazing and can't be found in any other game I am aware of. I really wish they would lower the bar for getting ships, not raise it continuously. The fun is in encounter with other sailors. If you get more ships out there, you get more encounters and more players. They absolutely have to take a drastically different approach to save this game soon or their reputation will be destroyed...

On 9/29/2021 at 10:27 PM, sorcia said:

See, I disagree. You're not wrong about the game having it's issues, but the devs gave me a game that I played more than any other game in my entire life. I'm reinstalling the game right now, going to try and get some of my old buddies back on. Hopefully one day they'll invest more into its development. I heard they added seasons which was something I always thought would be a great idea. Wipe every 3-4 months and have a new theme for each season. Maybe make things a little less grindy and require less time investment for people with jobs. I think that could reignite some interest. I would say market the seasons as a feature - I always love it when everyone starts with a blank slate. Either way, I've always loved this game. 

Totally agree. Good game concept and lots of fun. The awe and wonder of launching a newly created ship for the first time and discovering what lay ahead on the open seas was amazing and can't be found in any other game I am aware of. I really wish they would lower the bar for getting ships, not raise it continuously. The fun is in encounter with other sailors. If you get more ships out there, you get more encounters and more players. They absolutely have to take a drastically different approach to save this game soon or their reputation will be destroyed...

For me this game has ended. I deinstalled it the second time... should be the last time so. It is great fun to discover... but still shooners costs gold which is a no go for me. A Sloop is meaned for the first 1-2 days and than it's simply not needed anymore.

Some still love the game and play it. Farm and grind their base, the gold for ships, spend ridicoulos time on hunting SotD and Treasue Maps for BPs etc. to have one ship for PvP. Still barrels everywhere and so on. No blancing of BPs as i suggested several times. 350% damage cannons with the increased level 60 ships it's hilarious. Most mid tier BPs are totaly worthless due to the high spread of mystic. I had too many negative points to play it further. It's too much hardcore for me playing PvP even in a large and profesional company with thousands of hours expirience of every player. You build up 1-2 month but you are never safe... have to be online daily with no break, griefing everywhere with toxic Players abusing bugs etc. Red = Dead no matter what. Ship combat is to expensive and way to much land griefing is possible. I suggested to reduce the island heights, instead they lowered the building height for structures, puckles etc. and gave us the spider to climb the mountains or a mortar ships to shoot bases on top, lol.

Yes the People you play with make this game great. You find new once and build great teams from scratch. But once you hit the wrong toxic kid you are screwed by their stupidity. Fight fair 10 vs 10 company on see and win? Guess the enemy calls their mega friend in to wipe your base with 20 cannon horses.

This game is great for playing and discover for >2000hours but the frustration level is also very high. For me this is the most important point to quit.

But the game will be dead because of the Devs way. Nobody is seeing any positive aspect on the modular ships. Yes it's EA and everbody playing is Alpha/Beta tester and know it. Some will keep testing and give feedback on reddit, discord or any of this bull shit plattforms the Devs can't get good information from, but just get spammed.(My opinion) Maybe they will go on like this for another 2 years adding ship after ship and trade after trade, re arange the map layout etc. and finally call it finished. I don't believe this will happen. They abandone nearly everything they add "new" and don't fix or improve it.

See the new ship... a longer shooner with 20/20 cannons not balanced with weight and sails most likely. Most Brigs drive around with 3/4 cannons due to the speed meta... what is this ship? Long, but small width... lower truning rate than worse kraken(shooner) close to a gally... but you may can place 8 catapults modular on the deck? Just for the funs?

I'm done with Atlas.

If it was true that they wanted all players out there sailing and battling as soon as , then why introduce gold for ships in the first place? Also they stated they wanted to make it easier for small groups and solo players, So again why the gold cost for ships? They are contradicting their own roadmap. Maybe they should go into politics instead of game development!

On 9/29/2021 at 8:27 PM, sorcia said:

Except they didn’t intend to wipe. What happens is anytime they update they are so inept that they can’t implement the update without wiping. These devs actually suck harder than any other dev company. They never follow through with what they say and they could fix a bug if their life depended on it. Plus every update comes with more bugs. Yeah they already abandoned the game. They won’t be investing any more money into this dumpster fire. Player counts are the lowest they have ever been and even the 1k people left are mainly just getting on to reset decay timers. It’s pretty pathetic to say the least lmao

On 9/30/2021 at 9:27 PM, muguapanda said:

Nah, they game is a dumpster fire. These developers are worthless at doing their job. This game is actually in the bottom 100 steam games out of the 22k games that are on steam. They call it the hall of shame lmao.

player counts are abysmal 

On 10/1/2021 at 12:08 PM, Whitehawk said:

If it was true that they wanted all players out there sailing and battling as soon as , then why introduce gold for ships in the first place? Also they stated they wanted to make it easier for small groups and solo players, So again why the gold cost for ships? They are contradicting their own roadmap. Maybe they should go into politics instead of game development!

Man I logged in and started grinding, was very happy with the resources you get without a tame. So much less grindy. Started to build a schooner and realized it costs 5k gold. Haven't logged in since. I was so sad to see that, because I know I'm not the only one now who reinstalled and saw that and never came back. 

5k on a gally or specialized boat is far more appropriate. Or just make the gold sink cosmetics and maintenance. But for a sailing game for a basic ship... come on guys nobody has fun in a sloop until late game doing harbor runs. Everybody knows this. 

Other than that, game mechanics feel a bit better and the farm rate is so much more appropriate. Losing stuff shouldn't end your experience because you're upset about your time investment so I feel it's pretty solid where it's at right now. The gold thing though... you're soft capping people so hard with that. The schooner is the first boat you get that FEELS like you're a captain. Dont rob new players or returning players of that. Especially when the game so desperately needs them. 

14 hours ago, sorcia said:

Dont rob new players or returning players of that. Especially when the game so desperately needs them. 

The devs are clowns who have ZERO clue about game design.

They wouldn't recognize good game design if it walked up to them and kicked them in the butt.

Still they think that the enormous pile of crap they came up with that is this game is the best thing since sliced bread and the majority of us (former) players just can't grasp the sheer brilliance of their design.

Don't get your hopes up too high that this is ever going to change.

On 8/23/2021 at 11:42 PM, George of the jungle said:

Everyone on pc in my company is playing new world... If atlas wants to keep its remaining player base they might have to cater to the xbox players and up grading to pc is going to be the excuse...if i upgrade to pc i'm going to play new world sorry

Fix your lag home screen dc ing game plz!

1 hour ago, Ghost Dance9982 said:

Everyone on pc in my company is playing new world... If atlas wants to keep its remaining player base they might have to cater to the xbox players and up grading to pc is going to be the excuse...if i upgrade to pc i'm going to play new world sorry

Fix your lag home screen dc ing game plz!

Yeah I have been hearing a lot of good things about new world. Might have to try it.

I am excited about far cry 6 though. Plenty of game play in that game. 👍

On 8/24/2021 at 9:12 AM, George of the jungle said:
On 8/24/2021 at 7:43 AM, lemand81 said:

I promised I am not trolling, I really enjoy Atlas I played it from launch to the second wipe on officials, then I went back to Ark.  But I decided to give it a try and there are some improvements and some not so cool changes(looking at you gold cost for schooner ).  But I I am looking at the notes and social media(what I can find) and it feels like they have abandoned this project which is terrible because there was so much promise.   Maybe I am missing the activity and there is lots coming?  Please tell me.  Part of revisiting this game is because it was a favorite of a good friend of mine who died this year, so I wanted to sail again, but I don't see as much progress as I had hoped but maybe there is more to come?

player counts are at an all time low and every wipe, omegle website even though it brings people back that number keeps getting smaller and the decrease keeps getting bigger.

chat roulette so yeah, even though they aren’t technically done , they are done.

Moi prochaine restat du jeux j arrête j en ai mare de recommence à zéro chaque fois 

• Like 1