Sign in to follow this  
IndianaJane1

Series S and X performance Feedback

Hello everyone. I'm looking, and struggling, to find feedback on Series X and S Atlas performance. I may not be looking at the right place, but if anyone could tell me how it handles new gen it would be cool. While i'm waiting for a Series X to be available, i'm considering buying a Series S but i would like to be sure that there's a massive improvement versus my One X.

Thanks !

Tbh I thought of upgrading to the s, but I like having a disc drive, also I dont want to have to buy all my games again. And as far as I know the S is 4 terraflops, but the X is twelve, which is a big difference. And means if I did buy the S , I'd end up having to buy the X later on  too.

9 hours ago, IndianaJane1 said:

Hello everyone. I'm looking, and struggling, to find feedback on Series X and S Atlas performance. I may not be looking at the right place, but if anyone could tell me how it handles new gen it would be cool. While i'm waiting for a Series X to be available, i'm considering buying a Series S but i would like to be sure that there's a massive improvement versus my One X.

Thanks !

Well the game is fatally flawed as it is so the improvement might not be that noticeable. They really didn’t do a good job making this game.

So i'm going to answer to my own question. I just bought the Series S and the console finally passed the stress test. I come from One X. Verdict : it's night and day. First thing first : the Series S is running the One S version of the game. So yes, it's blurier than on the One X, less detailed. However, on the other hand, well, it's just a new way to experience the game. It's smooth, running insanely good compared to the old gen. It's around 60 FPS, and coming around an Island, even a huge one with massive constructions, ships and shipyards, is not a problem anymore. It's almost perfect in terms of performance. So yes, the Series S delivers a massive improvment. Oh and the music isn't lagging anymore 😁 and the loading times are ridiculously short.

I'd still rather wait for the series X, that way I won't be buying both of them. Cos I know games are gonna come out for the series X  that won't run on the series S. And tbh I actually don't suffer many lag probs on my one x, only if there is 50 or more players in the same area. And that only really happens in eso pvp. Even then its rare I get too much lag. But I have no idea when the series X will be available to me, it could be another year.

This topic is about Series S and X performance. So this is a feedback on Series S performance. Concerning Series S, i wouldn't be so sure of it's limitations. I'm pretty sure any game running on the X will run on the S. Flight Simulator is a good example of the capacity to adapt a huge and demanding title on the S. And we're living in the World where The Witcher 3 and Doom Eternal run on a Switch. PC games are used to adapt on so Many different hardwares. I don't see why it should be a problem for One more configuration. Plus Considering the huge amount of power that 4k is demanding...