Sign in to follow this  
sandora85

Next server wipe?

Ahoy fellow pirates we are 10 close friends and we want to start Atlas again.If anyone knows next wipe date please tell us.

Devs told once that there will be "big summer update".

Also they told recently that they wanna change map, so it will be with portals-maelstroms and different biome regions.

My guessing - with one of these updates (or maybe it will be the same single update) there will be a wipe. If they keep their promise and release "Summer update" in actual summer it gonna happen within next 4 weeks, but... well. With current development state and speed this "Summer update" might happen somewhere in November...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

Devs told once that there will be "big summer update".

Also they told recently that they wanna change map, so it will be with portals-maelstroms and different biome regions.

My guessing - with one of these updates (or maybe it will be the same single update) there will be a wipe. If they keep their promise and release "Summer update" in actual summer it gonna happen within next 4 weeks, but... well. With current development state and speed this "Summer update" might happen somewhere in November...

Yay, another map change nobody wanted that will come with more bugs and they won’t even fix the other bugs. Smh

worst dev company ever. By far

• Like 2

They need to fix shit and stop changing shit. Focus on balance. Why cater to all you demanding fools. You wanna play? Play. Need to wipe because,... you are ready?

8 hours ago, monkguru said:

They also said they wanted to get away from seasons and are not doing regular wipes.

Are you dumb enough to believe what they say? Or are you dumb enough to think another wipe is not going to happen very soon? I mean both would be dumb, but I am just wondering.

No more dumb than the devs thinking that wiping is going to keep this train wreck going. Especially with toxic piss poor attitudes such as yourself. I mean it would be stupid to think that wiping would keep large megas coming back. They don't even want to play anymore. They stated the wipe was necessary for the claim system changes. Are they full of BS. Yeah. But its what was said and if they continue they will lose the rest of their playerbase.  I think Its time for changes, changes that indicate a different type of player. You don't know that type though do you. I am just wondering. Either way its a win win. You won't be here for stupid comments. Be constructive. Instead of a toxic snot nose adolecent who feels entitled to insult like the ignoramus that you are.

4 hours ago, monkguru said:

No more dumb than the devs thinking that wiping is going to keep this train wreck going. Especially with toxic piss poor attitudes such as yourself. I mean it would be stupid to think that wiping would keep large megas coming back. They don't even want to play anymore. They stated the wipe was necessary for the claim system changes. Are they full of BS. Yeah. But its what was said and if they continue they will lose the rest of their playerbase.  I think Its time for changes, changes that indicate a different type of player. You don't know that type though do you. I am just wondering. Either way its a win win. You won't be here for stupid comments. Be constructive. Instead of a toxic snot nose adolecent who feels entitled to insult like the ignoramus that you are.

Yeah the game is going to fail either way. I know you think you are special and your ideas are going to save the game but sometimes you just gotta realize you are below average and move on. I wish you luck.

Edited by George of the jungle

The idea that wipes only happen when there's some big update is a fallacy. They wipe when the population drops in order to reinvigorate the player base, and "big updates" are just the excuse they use to justify the wipe. IMO, they were going to wipe on or around August 24th to coincide with the launch of New World. So with NW being pushed back to late September, I think we can say that the wipe will happen in late September...

3 hours ago, Kast said:

The idea that wipes only happen when there's some big update is a fallacy. They wipe when the population drops in order to reinvigorate the player base, and "big updates" are just the excuse they use to justify the wipe. IMO, they were going to wipe on or around August 24th to coincide with the launch of New World. So with NW being pushed back to late September, I think we can say that the wipe will happen in late September...

Something tells me another wipe will not reinvigorate the player base for long or not at all. Wipes ruined this game for me.

I don't know why they would schedule a wipe around NW. The top Atlas streamers were even streaming NW.  I was in the NW beta and view that as my new home once released. 

Right, I'm the one who thinks he special, posting shit all up and down the forum. Gave me a good laugh though. Hey, find a doctor, they have medication for your behavior. Sometimes toxic people just need to be banned. But you go ahead and think its something else.

3 hours ago, monkguru said:

Right, I'm the one who thinks he special, posting shit all up and down the forum. Gave me a good laugh though. Hey, find a doctor, they have medication for your behavior. Sometimes toxic people just need to be banned. But you go ahead and think its something else.

You must be confused. The sunshine and rainbows went out the door 2 years ago. Maybe we can get CNN in here to give a fluff piece lmao.

game has been failing all along and nothing will ever change that. Once again, there have been plenty or poor or stupid people that think they have the perfect solution. Same old same old.

The wipes ALWAYS bring players back for a while.  Right now the servers are pretty dead.  In PVP we got 3-4 megas who basically pick everyone else apart for absolutely no reason whatsoever.  They all got full mythic ships, and a sinking anyone on site.  They wave at each other in passing.  Pretty much all of the megas are 'allied' and hungry for PVP.  So what do you do?  Grow renters and sacrifice them rather that face each other.  They've all become ***holes.

3 hours ago, Pattus said:

The wipes ALWAYS bring players back for a while.  Right now the servers are pretty dead.  In PVP we got 3-4 megas who basically pick everyone else apart for absolutely no reason whatsoever.  They all got full mythic ships, and a sinking anyone on site.  They wave at each other in passing.  Pretty much all of the megas are 'allied' and hungry for PVP.  So what do you do?  Grow renters and sacrifice them rather that face each other.  They've all become ***holes.

Nah that just means they are pussies and are not hungry for PVP lmao. Even when the game first came out I said this is where “pvpers” with no skill in pvp games go to feel good about themselves lmao. That is why Megas don’t fight each other. These are the losers that don’t like real competition and just want to grieve people because it’s easy. It is pretty pathetic to say the least.

and yes the numbers are actually at an all time low since release but that is because the game is a failure.

Just because a wipe always brought back pop for ark doesn't mean it's going to happen here. Each wipe has brought less and more disappear even faster each wipe. Not everyone wants a mega experience with all the control freaks. Not everyone has that kind of time. If your developing a persistent mmo, then it is just that. Stop spreading rumors just so you can watch the game die. If you don't enjoy the game simply leave. I for one enjoy the peace as a small company and still have the option for PvP on occasion. Either way whomever is right is irrelevant. How are you contributing to the community? By arguing about what is or is not going to kill the game all the while admitting nothing will save it? No, not toxic at all.

There is no competition because of lack of balance. Cannot please everyone all the time.

4 hours ago, monkguru said:

Just because a wipe always brought back pop for ark doesn't mean it's going to happen here. Each wipe has brought less and more disappear even faster each wipe. Not everyone wants a mega experience with all the control freaks. Not everyone has that kind of time. If your developing a persistent mmo, then it is just that. Stop spreading rumors just so you can watch the game die. If you don't enjoy the game simply leave. I for one enjoy the peace as a small company and still have the option for PvP on occasion. Either way whomever is right is irrelevant. How are you contributing to the community? By arguing about what is or is not going to kill the game all the while admitting nothing will save it? No, not toxic at all.

There is no competition because of lack of balance. Cannot please everyone all the time.

White knighting does contribute one bit. They do however need to know they are doing a crappy job which they are. Also, if they continue on the path they are going they will continue to fail. They don’t need to hear “good job” because they haven’t ever done one. This isn’t elementary school where they pass out participation trophies. This is the real world.

hey devs, best advice you can get. Anytime you ever have any idea no matter how big or how small, automatically do the opposite and then and only then will you do a good job. Don’t even think about making a new map again. Nobody asked for it and that is the only thing you have done. How about surprise everyone and have an update that fixes all the bugs. Like all of them. You wouldn’t even have to add anything and people would be happy.

but no, I am sure we will just get another shitty map nobody asked for. Smh.

I think ATLAS is a very good game. I stop playing because someone put a claiming flag by my house and took everything away from me. If I'm here again posting this message is because I miss the game. And that is a good point.

For some people like me who's mother language is not english, is complicated to understand all the updates. To post the new updates in different languages might be a good starting point to get back all the players that once left. It is obvious that the map is too little for so many people so maybe the problem is us, the players. I think that the developers are working in new and bigger maps and that means more people. The more we are, the bigger the game, the bigger the incomes for the studio.

• Haha 1

especially stop resetting the games because if that happens I stop playing and I was there from the beginning

4 hours ago, InfernaDeus said:

Does anyone have any bot/twitter/anything that will let me know the second they wipe?

No. They will announce when the update is coming and what time you can download the update. You won’t be able to join until you are finished downloading which is usually a pretty big file. The fastest internet wins. 

that is also if they don’t crash the game with the new update and people have to wait a couple days to play which has happened. If that happens they will give you multiple times about when the servers will be back up but they usually get that wrong as well. Plus once it is finally up you will be fast asleep. Happens to people all the time.

make sure not to take vacation for it because that is always the most stupid thing anyone can do with these guys. Lots of wasted vacation have happened for some people.

I wouldn’t bother trying to be first on because it almost never happens 

Edited by George of the jungle

Like the last season started in the middle of a work day....by the time I got on all the claimable islands were claimed, lol.

• Like 1