Sign in to follow this  
Keins Thallow

Last chance to save the game.... This is how.

Some ideas for atlas

Why can you make a half pvp / pve server?

Make the lawless areas pve but they must use a clam flag.

The pve areas only have common material. To force players to go to pvp islands to min  or to trad.

You can also make pvp islands that  work with clam flags.

Inside you calmed area people cant kill you or brake your staff. So the island is half pve /pvp people can kill you if you are not in your clam area. Then pvp islands are full pvp.

NPC  you can make rare NPC that can do stuff better so people must

Go look for them on islands or on the water. Make them breed-able or not. So people can trad with them.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Worlordx3m said:

Some ideas for atlas

The pve areas only have common material. To force players to go to pvp islands to min  or to trad.

Inside you calmed area people cant kill you or brake your staff. So the island is half pve /pvp people can kill you if you are not in your clam area. Then pvp islands are full pvp.

Go look for them on islands or on the water. Make them breed-able or not. So people can trad with them.  

I don’t think these guys have half the talent or potential to pull this off. Nowhere near enough players now anyways.

my bet is they get rid of another whole cluster of servers by the next season/wipe lol

factions is a tricky one.  you should still be able to make a exile faction  where both factions live and fight everyone.

or war deck other companys for big amount of gold.  

On 7/25/2021 at 8:48 AM, Worlordx3m said:

Some ideas for atlas

Why would any pve player want to play on such server?

Why would any pvp player want to play on such server?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kummba said:

A lot of us have suggested this in the past.

8 hours ago, Kummba said:

I will quit the game the day this is put in. 

The most over used and broken idea ever heard in dead MMOs is to force PVEers to PVP. They will quit the game. This game has some of the worst, laggy, bugged, janky LOLz PVP I have ever seen. You want to force PVEers into that? Or, yeah, force then to have less, when most are already just logging on to reset timers.

A better idea would be to have the PVE areas have most or all of the resource, where PVPers would go to refit, repair and stock up. And the PVP areas have higher gold. Now you have an economy and two areas working in support of each other.

I had high hopes for Atlas, no longer. Two years and the game has had little progress and still runs terrible (yes I have a high end gaming rig). I only log now to feed and reset times. Another wipe and I have no reason to ever return. Besides, I'm loving the New World beta test.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

A lot of us have suggested this in the past.

I will quit the game the day this is put in. 

The most over used and broken idea ever heard in dead MMOs is to force PVEers to PVP. They will quit the game. This game has some of the worst, laggy, bugged, janky LOLz PVP I have ever seen. You want to force PVEers into that? Or, yeah, force then to have less, when most are already just logging on to reset timers.

A better idea would be to have the PVE areas have most or all of the resource, where PVPers would go to refit, repair and stock up. And the PVP areas have higher gold. Now you have an economy and two areas working in support of each other.

I had high hopes for Atlas, no longer. Two years and the game has had little progress and still runs terrible (yes I have a high end gaming rig). I only log now to feed and reset times. Another wipe and I have no reason to ever return. Besides, I'm loving the New World beta test.

Yep. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

so how awesome is new world? I didn’t do the beta so I have just been watching gameplay. Seems awesome but I want to hear from the horses mouth

18 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Yep. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

so how awesome is new world? I didn’t do the beta so I have just been watching gameplay. Seems awesome but I want to hear from the horses mouth

It would take a book. I've done a few 12+ hour days. I've forced myself to stop playing due to it being beta and the final wipe is coming. I've started focusing on learning how things work to have the best start at release. It is a pvp focused game but you never need to take part in pvp. You fight wars for control of areas. Crafting is very deep. Pve and Pvp in world and instances. Housing. Amazon has made big changes this year and it really seems they are listening and building what people want. They will be adding to it for years. Some bugs getting hot fixed still. Some report lag in 100 player battles. Still not perfect but good. I've not seen any lag. The world looks great. Its interesting that you get polled/questioned at every log out to return the next day seeing changes made on your topics. I've submitted bugs and seen them in the next day's patch notes. In general, I've had a lot of fun and expect I'll be playing it for a few years. Not happy its still 30 days away.

3 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

It would take a book. I've done a few 12+ hour days. I've forced myself to stop playing due to it being beta and the final wipe is coming. I've started focusing on learning how things work to have the best start at release. It is a pvp focused game but you never need to take part in pvp. You fight wars for control of areas. Crafting is very deep. Pve and Pvp in world and instances. Housing. Amazon has made big changes this year and it really seems they are listening and building what people want. They will be adding to it for years. Some bugs getting hot fixed still. Some report lag in 100 player battles. Still not perfect but good. I've not seen any lag. The world looks great. Its interesting that you get polled/questioned at every log out to return the next day seeing changes made on your topics. I've submitted bugs and seen them in the next day's patch notes. In general, I've had a lot of fun and expect I'll be playing it for a few years. Not happy its still 30 days away.

So basically they are nothing like grapeshot in any way, shape, or form then? Well that is really good news because these guys are completely incompetent. I mean it is amazing how inept they are.

counting down the days till release then for me. Can’t wait.

14 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

So basically they are nothing like grapeshot in any way, shape, or form then? Well that is really good news because these guys are completely incompetent. I mean it is amazing how inept they are.

counting down the days till release then for me. Can’t wait.

I loved Atlas from the minute I saw it. I thought it would end up being a great one. Its really too bad they didn't do something with it. The whole it's EA so don't expect progress has become a meme.

I don't know anything about Grapeshot but I suspect its only 5 or 6 people with little to no budget. Someone wasted a good core of a game on a team too small for the task. I've also been left at every turn wondering why they use their limited resources on the things they do (like those prebuilt ships). That's really too bad.

I've never seen a game come back from this kind of start and I don't expect this one will either. Now you have a wave of new MMOs coming on line now or over the next few years. NW, soon Ashes, I expect Star Citizen will have some kind of soft launch in 2 years. And a few others. It's gonna be a tough market.

Such a shame.

1 hour ago, Gemini Five said:

I loved Atlas from the minute I saw it. I thought it would end up being a great one. Its really too bad they didn't do something with it. The whole it's EA so don't expect progress has become a meme.

I don't know anything about Grapeshot but I suspect its only 5 or 6 people with little to no budget. Someone wasted a good core of a game on a team too small for the task. I've also been left at every turn wondering why they use their limited resources on the things they do (like those prebuilt ships). That's really too bad.

I've never seen a game come back from this kind of start and I don't expect this one will either. Now you have a wave of new MMOs coming on line now or over the next few years. NW, soon Ashes, I expect Star Citizen will have some kind of soft launch in 2 years. And a few others. It's gonna be a tough market.

Such a shame.

Well a little insight for you is that jeremy(the head or wildcard and the maker of ark) came over to start grapeshot and used all of arks programming for atlas. He also brought over a good chunk of wildcards employees as well as hiring other new people so about 20 of them total.

they also had a very high budget since the huge amount of money ark made definitely supplemented atlas’ beginning. They were working on atlas as a ark dlc but decided they could screw people out of money by making it its own game. Atlas was supposed to be the “waterworld” dlc ark players had been asking for for years.

wildcard already had a problem with communication as well as fixing code the whole time ark was being developed. They simply brought over the same unethical business practices they had.

so yeah definitely a big budget and a pretty good sized dev company as well. They have even been known to borrow grapeshot employees to help with an ark update as well as borrow wildcard employees for an atlas update.

they don’t have an excuse for their behavior.

Mate most of us have been saying it for years 😄

They won't do it though, I don't think they are capable of doing it. All they know is Ark coding because that's what it's based off which was the wrong move before they even started making the game.

I do miss Atlas but I would never play it in it's current form, if they changed it I would be back like a shot just like the majority who has already left. It's either join a large company or suffer and play alone, no thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1