Xylocain

killed by a creature, lost character

Was on F8 running around while my crew was sailing to E8. Got killed by a lion and then instead of a respawn screen i was in the main menu of atlas. Now I can't log back with my character into the game. when i try to log in it will log me to E8 and force me to create a new character. I am the owner of the Company with 6 members. What should i do now? I have restarted the game, restarted Steam, restarted the computer. It seems the data of my character has been lost. Any ideas?

The devs should be able to restore your character for you. If not, (although I am positive the devs can) you could join your company with your new character and get promoted up the admin rank.

I already made a ticket. No response yet. Because i’m the owner of the company we lose perhaps all our company structures if i create a new character. I think when i create a new char the company is deleted and i don‘t want to lose the company progress.

Edited by Xylocain

If your character is already gone, then you would have lost all your structures already if it depends solely on company owner. I can't say I am sure whether it works like that or not.

No, the structures are still ok. The other crewmembers are playing without any restrictions.

The only way you could test it, is by using a single player dedicated server and invite a few others to join. Start a company together and then the owner leaves the company ,and see what happens.

Good idea. I will test it and give a feedback. 

Edited by Xylocain

ok i have tested it on a private server - if the owner of a company create a new character everything is lost and the company is gone! 

so i have to wait for the next wipe. By the way - no answer yet to my ticket........