Jump to content

ATLAS

Patch 526.08 - Customization Update

Recommended Posts

Ahoy Pathfinders!

It’s been awhile since we last made landfall but we come bearing a large haul of new goodies and bug fixes, as well as a new ship in tow! Let’s start with the newest member of the fleet, the Mortarship.

MortarShip01.jpg

We’re finally bringing out the big guns with the Mortarship. With front and rear mortar cannons that deliver swift death from a distance, this ship is a game changer and will make sieging pesky land installments a breeze. Careful though, most ships are too mobile for these mortars so you’ll need to strategize some security for your new weaponry, or you may find your hopes for victory, and your Mortarship, sunk.

This ship and all the other pre-made variants will now be buildable with the new advanced shipyard with new crafting requirements to come.

We’ve also added new blueprints for railing and midship tiles, a revised Home Region map, and squashed many of the bugs that have plagued your voyages since the last patch. It may have taken some time to get it right but we hope this patch is worth the wait.

As always, we, the Atlas team, appreciate your support and ‘til next time, may your skies be clear, waters calm, and sails full in whichever way you roam.
 

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

 

v526.09 Hotfix

  • Fixed critical crash when using specific feats
  • Fixed critical crash when traveling between grids
  • Fixed instances in which single player data was not being retained when traversing grids
  • Fixed animation issues with new mortars on the mortarship
     

v526.0

New Content

  • New Home Region Map
  • New Ship Variant: MortarshipMortarShip02.jpg
    • Comparable Size to a Schooner
    • Affixed to both the front and rear castle are two new mortar types which can deal massive damage at great distances
    • Resources: 22000 Gold, 200 Gunpowder
    • Advanced Shipyard has been added. This is found in the Smithy after learning the Expert Shipwright skill
  • New buff icons for the Atlantean Spire, Industrial Generator, and Army of the Damned Pylon have been created when players are on boats that have a buff affecting them
    • These icons are shown in the top right under the ships health
  • New Blueprints Added
    • All swappable railing and midship tiles have findable blueprint variations
    • The farm now has findable blueprint variations
  • The Ramming Galleon, Mortar Ship, and Kraken Ship are now buildable at the Advanced Shipyard
    • These ships are also available to purchase via the Freeport Ship Merchant. This was for testing purposes and they will be removed in the near future
    • Crafting resources needed to build the three ships above will be changing in the near future

Bug Fixes:

  • Shiphouses and Shipyards are no longer placeable in the open ocean
  • Song of the Sea food recipe will no longer crash the game when selected
  • Sextant Compass will no longer disappear when changing grid locations
  • Fixed instances of stacking buffs from Buff Towers
  • Players can now only place one Sea Fort Buff Tower per Sea Fort regardless of type
  • Fixed placement of multiple resource generating structures in the same location
  • When interacting with certain parts of a ship players will no longer crash
  • Consuming certain foods now gives proper hunger values
  • Allowed Spearbolt ammo to be stored in Munitions Storage
  • UI Fixes to the Player Shop
  • Adjusted radiuses of Discovery zones
  • Fixed weight not being registered when items are dropped on saddles
  • Fixed instances in the usage of crude tool would cause players to crash
  • Fixed instances of large stone walls being placeable on tables
  • Fixed instances of large stone foundations snapping incorrectly
  • Fixed Instances of Ammo containers' reach fluctuating on ships
  • Fixed instance of placeable object preventing damage to players on swivel guns
  • Fixed Instances in which Honey was not harvestable
  • Fixed instances in which ships could not anchor in docks
  • Fixed instances in which trading was being used for unintended actions
  • Fixed Framerate drops when painting large sails or walls
  • Arrow hit detection improvements.
  • PVE: Fixed instances of using specific feats for unintended actions
  • AOTD no longer spawn inside buildings
  • Singleplayer map fix

Misc:

  • Players will now receive the right variant of crops depending on the source
  • Removed biome requirement for breeding creatures
  • Removed Stone Farmhouse from the Smithy. This structure will be reintroduced in a future patch. Currently placed Stone Farmhouses will not be removed.
  • Ramming Galley Rowing now has sounds
  • Buff tower buffs values adjusted

Puckle Tower Updates:

  • Normalized the ammo consumption
  • Decreased the Weight of the Puckle Tower
  • Increased the Fuel Stack Size for the Puckle Tower
  • Fixed Instances in which the Firing sound was not playing correctly
  • Accuracy Adjusted

Known Issues:

  • Advanced Shipyards are placeable on island shores. Ships built and released on these shipyards will be destroyed
  • Whales and Ships of the Damned have low spawn/drop rates
  • Visual issue with character when manning new mortars

:anchor: Final Note :anchor:

Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed. 

As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support! 🙂

 

FijgTWDKLe3Y66ZfbpwebdoNDnxDQVDj1mTpHMUt

 

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas

Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

 


View full article

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an updated SGE that Nitrado crossplay servers can use? We still have broken maps and it's been a minute. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo...when can we start placing more than just gold and berries in the crew silos? It'd be nice to place crops in them too, or other food sources that crew eat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like all the sandbox adds lately. But every patch note I read hoping to see fixes to the melee combat system. I think this system is crucial to fix/update/rework to the best you can do in the engine. That's really what I'm waiting for to re try Atlas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Players: Freely gives helpful advice.

Devs: Alright we can make this game amazing by applying what the people want. However, we are gonna give them a sandpaper D!ldo so they can go F$%k themselves.

The mortar ship is idiotic, might as well put barrels back in large cannons. It's sad that you guys even try anymore.  Are you devs intentionally trying  to kill the game?

Edited by Hoagie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hoagie said:

Players: Freely gives helpful advice.

Devs: Alright we can make this game amazing by applying what the people want. However, we are gonna give them a sandpaper D!ldo so they can go F$%k themselves.

The mortar ship is idiotic, might as well put barrels back in large cannons. It's sad that you guys even try anymore.  Are you devs intentionally trying  to kill the game?

Looks like it also unofficially servers are down becouse of the update,xbox only afain..., if i didnt update i still could play ya i think the devs servers are up, but i wont play on them untill those devs are gone with their crap.

Edited by The Max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also trying to make this game more attractive with mods, sometimes I feel like the development team needs some help with this point! 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Grape Guys! PLEASE read both thread related to modular ships.

Ramming Galley.

Majestic Kraken.

Mortar Ship.

Fix/Improve them. Otherwise they will not be popular (or let's just say useable) among players. I do really wanna them to be improved and I wanna sail them again, take parts in naval combats, even go boss... not like to scare fighting lvl-1 damned Galleon, knowing that I won't make it through a single volley.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The single player's data doesn't save!

I have to create a new character every time log on.

Is this also a game? Incompetent developers...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the mortar ship devs, makes me glad you don't design cars!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we stop with the pointless boats that get one shot please? We're all tired of the reskinned schooners. Stop being lazy, and make a frigate, or that Indian model you use for sunken treasure dives. Add another brig model or two, different gallies. We play for the ship battles, make barrels for land raiding only, and get rid of the catapults on them. You've addressed the ammo problem, now we can slug it out instead of EVERY boat running barrels because they're a must have too even be competitive. Add new weapons, an skill that let's you add your spyglass to the carbine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Athenious Grimslade said:

Can we stop with the pointless boats that get one shot please? We're all tired of the reskinned schooners. Stop being lazy, and make a frigate, or that Indian model you use for sunken treasure dives. Add another brig model or two, different gallies. We play for the ship battles, make barrels for land raiding only, and get rid of the catapults on them. You've addressed the ammo problem, now we can slug it out instead of EVERY boat running barrels because they're a must have too even be competitive. Add new weapons, an skill that let's you add your spyglass to the carbine.

yes stop the ugly toy ship for children designs. Give us realistic ship, and remove unrealistic peace phase that puts islands in god mode.
Also remove gold  from game! I am fed up having to pay for ships that i craft myself with my ressources

Edited by chukiki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, not to rush you guys, but can you update the devkit?  Would love to get this new shipyard in it, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I appreciate the bug fixes but the list seams to be quite short and there is still lots to do. It would be nice if you would tell us here in forum if you found bugs and when to expect a fix for them. I understand it's not always possible to do in a few hours or days but it would be nice if players know that there are things going to be fixed. Like the crude tool which causes lots of new players quite the game directly after starting for weeks now...

New ship with new system... well nice.... but what about the issues George Catcher posted according feedback. Fix this asap to make those ships playable and to get positive feedback about those ships.

Known issue if you build ships in new shipyard they get destroyed... well fix before add! LOL

Whales and SoTDs + lootpool is a joke and needs urgent attention and rebalance! Much more important than the new ships.

Edited by Nacona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

also fix honey and sugar cane. Reverse the nerf. And let farms gather sugar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool will the shipyards that people are using to bridge between islands on Kraken's Grasp be removed?  Reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mishma said:

The single player's data doesn't save!

I have to create a new character every time log on.

Is this also a game? Incompetent developers...

I found a solution on PC, works with a new and with an old save.

There is a file in the "Saved/Atlaslocal" directory, the LastGridCoord_(numbers). (this file store your home grid and your actual grid)

When you play after the new patch and exit/log out, the client save everything in the directory (grids, tribes, etc), but the lastgridcord is bugged at the moment, and this is why you keep resetting your game.

The solution is: you need to put a "?Version=1" to the end of the "lastgridcord" file, because probably its missing in your case too.

For example:
If your lastgridcord file contains only: ServerX=7?ServerY=3?HomeServerX=7?HomeServerY=2, then you will start over and over with new char, etc. Its a wrong one.

But, if your file contains the ?Version=1 string at the end, something like this: ServerX=7?ServerY=3?HomeServerX=7?HomeServerY=2?Version=1, then you can continue your progress without resetting your singleplayer data again, and again, and again.

If you have old save with the new 11x11 map and you copy back that savegame, then you need edit the lastgridcord_(numbers), put the ?Version=1 at the end and you can continue that savegame too.

You should check this everytime before you start the game and make sure, the ?Version=1 is present at the end of the lastgridcoord.

(sorry for my english, i hope you can still understand)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why they don't have new ship designs manned by npc Pyrates, and if you sink them, you gain the blueprint for that ship design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, PiszkosFred said:

I found a solution on PC, works with a new and with an old save.

There is a file in the "Saved/Atlaslocal" directory, the LastGridCoord_(numbers). (this file store your home grid and your actual grid)

When you play after the new patch and exit/log out, the client save everything in the directory (grids, tribes, etc), but the lastgridcord is bugged at the moment, and this is why you keep resetting your game.

The solution is: you need to put a "?Version=1" to the end of the "lastgridcord" file, because probably its missing in your case too.

For example:
If your lastgridcord file contains only: ServerX=7?ServerY=3?HomeServerX=7?HomeServerY=2, then you will start over and over with new char, etc. Its a wrong one.

But, if your file contains the ?Version=1 string at the end, something like this: ServerX=7?ServerY=3?HomeServerX=7?HomeServerY=2?Version=1, then you can continue your progress without resetting your singleplayer data again, and again, and again.

If you have old save with the new 11x11 map and you copy back that savegame, then you need edit the lastgridcord_(numbers), put the ?Version=1 at the end and you can continue that savegame too.

You should check this everytime before you start the game and make sure, the ?Version=1 is present at the end of the lastgridcoord.

(sorry for my english, i hope you can still understand)

I played the game as you explained.
It works for now. But there seems to be a problem with mod
(Some structures also disappear after re-connection)
I hope the normal patch will be made as soon as possible.

Edited by mishma
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant play singleplayer on xbox. Why does this game not store a cloud save? Also now after this update we cant resume a save cos there isnt one

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...