Sign in to follow this  
DattoSSS

DEVS NEED TO CONCENTRATE ON UNOFFICIALS

I have played this game since it's release.  I have had a few holidays from it, mainly to escape the grind.

I really enjoy this game, I have a demanding career and a family, and I find complex games like Ark and Atlas give me an avenue to unwind.  The population, as we all know, has died dramatically.  In my opinion, this is because of the scope of the official map not being able to be replicated by unofficial servers.  The game is terribly unoptimized, and still has significant bugs that were identified by the population in the first week.  The officials became a bloodbath, and I will never play on them again.

I play on a great 3x3 unofficial, with boosted rates, and even it's population has died because whilst the players enjoyed the more casual atmosphere, the size and scope of officials left them wanting more.  Rather than go to officials and risk losing their time investment over and over, they left the game.

Devs, your player base exists in unofficial servers.  Your current player base of 2500 globally tells you that your official servers are turning people away from the game.  The days of grinding endlessly and calling it entertainment are long gone.  Concentrate on unofficials, develop a way that they can have more scope and seamless transitions so that the player base that is lying dormant return to the game.

If not, that 2500 will soon become less.

On 6/12/2021 at 5:51 PM, DattoSSS said:

I have played this game since it's release.  I have had a few holidays from it, mainly to escape the grind.

I really enjoy this game, I have a demanding career and a family, and I find complex games like Ark and Atlas give me an avenue to unwind.  The population, as we all know, has died dramatically.  In my opinion, this is because of the scope of the official map not being able to be replicated by unofficial servers.  The game is terribly unoptimized, and still has significant bugs that were identified by the population in the first week.  The officials became a bloodbath, and I will never play on them again.

I play on a great 3x3 unofficial, with boosted rates, and even it's population has died because whilst the players enjoyed the more casual atmosphere, the size and scope of officials left them wanting more.  Rather than go to officials and risk losing their time investment over and over, they left the game.

Devs, your player base exists in unofficial servers.  Your current player base of 2500 globally tells you that your official servers are turning people away from the game.  The days of grinding endlessly and calling it entertainment are long gone.  Concentrate on unofficials, develop a way that they can have more scope and seamless transitions so that the player base that is lying dormant return to the game.

Yeah nobody is going to be returning regardless. 

but yes, the 2500 will definitely be less and it already is. There is currently only 2000 people average and of the 1500 that came back after the update over 600 have already left. That means we are only 900 away from an all time low. This game has failed and nothing will bring it back.

To be honest if you added up all of the official numbers it is about 70% play on official and only 30% give or take a few percentage points that play on unofficial.

the thing is man, grapeshot has nothing to do with making unofficial servers bigger. The owners of the servers have to go to a third party and pay money for more servers. It sounds like the server owners are just cheap because they could make it a lot bigger than 3x3. So really you should be blaming the owners of the unofficial servers.

having said that, atlas is done. It failed a long time ago and has been slowly but steadily losing players. Not because of official servers but because they are a horrible dev company that does a really crappy job. I would probably go as far as to say the worst dev company that ever existed. We have a new all time low on player count coming very soon and they won’t have another wipe for months so thing will get dead very soon.

On 6/12/2021 at 7:51 PM, DattoSSS said:

This is a very confusing post. I just want to make sure I have this straight.

1. You love the game.

2. You (and friends?) play unofficial, but vastly prefer the scope and population density of officials. Just not the challenge so much. (Some gibberish about losing things you never had.)

3. Your sad that people are leaving your 3x3 unofficial becuase it's not as exciting as official.

4. But ofc your sure they arent going to official servers, becuase thats what they wanted. So they surely quit.

5. This hardware limitation of the unofficial server provider, is the responsibility of the devs in some way. Becuase thier servers are better.

6. In conclusion, we need better unofficial support from the official providers so that the players who left unofficial becuase it not as good as official will be inclined to come back to the now officially backed, unofficial servers.

So, Who's on 1st. Got it?

Edited by Chucksteak

6 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

1. You love the game.

2. You (and friends?) play unofficial, but vastly prefer the scope and population density of officials. Just not the challenge so much. (Some gibberish about losing things you never had.)

3. Your sad that people are leaving your 3x3 unofficial becuase it's not as exciting as official.

4. But ofc your sure they arent going to official servers, becuase thats what they wanted. So they surely quit.

5. This hardware limitation of the unofficial server provider, is the responsibility of the devs in some way. Becuase thier servers are better.

6. In conclusion, we need better unofficial support from the official providers so that the players who left unofficial becuase it not as good as official will be inclined to come back to the now officially backed, unofficial servers.

Yeah. I felt bad for the guy because he definitely likes the game. Unfortunately, the game was made by literally the worst devs on this planet(don’t bother with comparisons lol they are). 

I see plenty of people with ideas on how to save the game but they are just in denial. This game is a failure and a complete one at that. Having said that, it isn’t the games fault but 100% the devs fault.

they are worthless to say they least so we have the obvious pathetic playerbase(the players aren’t pathetic, I am talking about numbers). They are just really horrible at doing their job. It is that simple.

13 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

1. You love the game.

Not confusing, it's just that you entered with bias towards dismantling my post.  That's cool if that's what you need to do to get through your day.

George is correct, The devs are actually to blame, as their business model clearly does not take into account customer needs.  They are benchmarking against other games and not the requirements of their client base. The narrative and figures speak for themselves.  

On 6/16/2021 at 4:11 AM, DattoSSS said:

Not confusing, it's just that you entered with bias towards dismantling my post.  That's cool if that's what you need to do to get through your day.

George is correct, The devs are actually to blame, as their business model clearly does not take into account customer needs.  They are benchmarking against other games and not the requirements of their client base. The narrative and figures speak for themselves.  

Nah dude. I just read it a few times and felt your logic circular at best. But I feel yah. These devs suck. I've participated in many early access games. This ones deffinatly the worst and I so not think it will ever release.

Bugs are still killing this game for me. Everything they add just adds more bugs. I have warehouses disappearing, farms disappearing, tames disappearing, structures disappearing, and receiving 3 of 7 Island points when demoing claim towers. On top of that I have afk ships anchored in my claim radius that have been there since shortly after the last wipe. I'm on pve server so I can't get rid of them nor put shipyards down because of them. I've spent the majority of my time chasing my tail in this game due to bugs. But we can put hats on rabbits. Another bug is in the trade markets where game crashes if you edit a trade that has none of that material in warehouse along with having 100+ ships trading with another player yet no trades being made.

Edited by Motor

1 hour ago, Motor said:

Bugs are still killing this game for me. Everything they add just adds more bugs. I have warehouses disappearing, farms disappearing, tames disappearing, structures disappearing, and receiving 3 of 7 Island points when demoing claim towers. On top of that I have afk ships anchored in my claim radius that have been there since shortly after the last wipe. I'm on pve server so I can't get rid of them nor put shipyards down because of them. I've spent the majority of my time chasing my tail in this game due to bugs. But we can put hats on rabbits. Another bug is in the trade markets where game crashes if you edit a trade that has none of that material in warehouse along with having 100+ ships trading with another player yet no trades being made.

And to think this game has been out more than 2 1/2 years lmao. These guys really are the worst dev company out there.

2 1/2 years smh