Mead

How do I even get started?

I just bought the game and installed it. Created my character and I'm trying to start. I spawn in and I'm in the middle of the ocean (not on a boat). I have no idea which way to swim to get to land. I swim a little ways and either I get killed by a shark or die of hypothermia. Then I respawn and the whole thing starts all over again. I've seen a few Youtube videos of how to get started so I have a general idea once I get to land. But I can't even get that far. Help please.

Edited by Mead

11 hours ago, Mead said:

I just bought the game and installed it. Created my character and I'm trying to start. I spawn in and I'm in the middle of the ocean (not on a boat). I have no idea which way to swim to get to land. I swim a little ways and either I get killed by a shark or die of hypothermia. Then I respawn and the whole thing starts all over again. I've seen a few Youtube videos of how to get started so I have a general idea once I get to land. But I can't even get that far. Help please.

First of all i think you play single player. On official online servers or even private server you can start on freeport and you will not spawn in the free ocean with a chance of 99,99%. But of course there are some bugs with the new map that you may spawn on a sea fort island instead of a lawless island if you choose starting in lawless directly.

You may start on the official PVE server to learn the game without getting into combat and griefing of the PvP server.

Yes the game says it has single player but the single player is like 80% bugs. If you play Blakwood map it's totally worse and was never in a full release state. It was a one person project that was "bought" by Grape Shot but never finalized.

The start as solo is really jumping into a sandbox and not knwing what to do at all. You may like this expirience to discover this game world and all mechanics yourself. But if you want to learn about the game the best way is to find a company or having friends playing already.

Heat waves in hot areas are quite frustrating and annoying. You can craft standard closes to gain heat resistance, jump in the water to get wet and cooled and try to go into shadow -> build a structure with a roof above you. There will be a grey symbol like an cave entrance that shows you are in a shadow place. This can also work versus cold. You may change the biome where you choose to live and go into temperate zone instead of equatorial or desert.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mead said:

We discussed this in another topic, so i copy that comment here.

If you are on PC:

In the Savedatlaslocal directory there is a small file (LastGridCoord) where you can set up the spawn region and the home region for your singleplayer character. Basicly it contains only two data, an X and an Y coordinate number. You need to modify these numbers (and only the numbers).

Facts: The game map (ocean) has 11x11 grid and the coordinate numbers in this case starts from the upper left corner, so the origo is the "A1" grid, which is 0,0 , not 1,1. You probably spawned here 🙂

So, if you wanna spawn in B8 (that is a freeport in the new map), the you need to change the coords to 1,7.

If in G8, then the coords are 6,7.

If in J9 grids, then change to 9,7 etc.

So, change the coords in the file, then start your game and thats all, you will spawn wherever you wanted. Or, if you change only the home region with this method, then spawn in the old grid, die and respawn in the home region.

Both works.

As always, make backup first, just in case!

Unfortunatly i dont know how this works in XB os PS, but if you can reach and edit somehow this file, that should work too. If not, then use console command with a freshly created character, enable a god mode and fly mode, fly to the next island, disable the cheats, save the game and you can start playing with normal conditions. You can easily find the admin command list and the  xb/ps in the web.

Edited by PiszkosFred