George of the jungle

Unfortunately the new claim system and wipe did not help

We all know the whole playerbase being low discussion as well as the devs don’t care about numbers discussion, but in all reality the players themselves care about numbers.

we won’t get too far into the past or anything but there were some people that thought this update/wipe would bring people back. Well if we consider that 1,500 people were going to change the state of the game that was just false. The downward trend is continuing and I wanted to give enough time for steam charts to actually show the trend so there wasn’t any reason for debate. This time there is already a rapid decline which means player numbers will drop far faster than last time or any other time.

there has just been too many bad decisions that have been made over the past 2 1/2 years. People used to try to say the ship was sinking last year but it wasn’t really yet, it was just leaking. The sinking is happening now however.

I wanted to pick a time of the day like right now where it isn’t fully peak but also not the middle of the night to show bias so I decided with right now. Out of the 2k players online around 800 are Unofficial servers and there is currently more pve players on than either of the pvp servers. No both pvp servers put together but that would just be sad to need to do that to prove a point. And in all reality if we co vine both pvp servers we really need to combine pve and Unofficials. Just saying.

what we can clearly see is that the whole state of the game is in bad shape with no light at the end of the tunnel. They cater to Megas as well as pvpers but it hasn’t worked so far so yeah.

don't worry this isn’t a pve/pvp thread, this is simple a “the devs haven’t made a good decision in years” thread. They have not to not lied at every corner but also betrayed everyone. 

quick tip for devs for the next wipe. Nobody wants a new map and nobody is going to give you and respect or credit for making a new map. Don’t pretend like you are good and no how to code. You simply and lazily copy and paste some crap with a tiny amount of alteration. You should definitely not be proud, but be ashamed. Total failures. There is a reason you have already lost 200 players of the 1500 you gained. Stop thinking of ideas, you are not good at it. Trying doing what you are told and things will go a lot better for you. Know your role.

• Like 1

New map has some pros and cons. The trade winds make traveling much easier.  There are only a few claimable islands left and a big part of lawless is away from Golden Age which causes less conflict between large companys and the small once. Also large companys are more close to each other so they can fight and find the others faster.

The biggest issue is that there are two lawless areas. The prefered old area and the stupid new where others can simply claim your stuff. I suggest to add a Peacetime to claimed areas. This would be at least a offline protection for 70% of the (working)day and night. Well the 400k HP towers need some cannonballs to destroy but it is possible quite fast.

On claimable islands you still have to place fence every where causing lags to prevent the enemy from building on the island. If this could be not allowed enemys would have to use swimming bases called ships to attack.

As long the lawless stays that unfriendly to random players the game can't win a new Playerbase. And the old once as mentioned are already playing in larger groups and some megas manly on the NA PvP. On EU it's only one Mega that allied with lots of other medium companys to outnumber every fight. It does not help that NA PvP Players are bored on the more populated server and offer their raid service now to EU server.

I expected from the new map that the islands themselves would be changed. But the Devs changed only the biome zones to match more of the first Ocean map Season 1-2-3 which i appreciate. THe tradewinds are working quite good even there are some dead areas without trade winds. Further changes should reduce the mountain height on islands drastically. It's not a solution to not allow puckles etc on high levels. Every islands should have a bay to build a harbor. There should be a water depth of about 15-25m max to also place a harbor defence structure without massive spam. Invisible rocks in water needs to be changed. The smallest size should be safe in the center from shooting there with large cannones from a ship. Pillar Rocks/mountains for natural safe Bases and Mortar positions should be on every islands. It must not be all round pillars like tropical but it should give some natural protection from cannon tame griefers at least. A raider should spend some time to get to the high quality loot like gold and BPs.

• Like 1

I wanted to wait a full week to give a new report but this is even worse than I thought. When I first wrote this last week they had lost 200 out of the 1,500 they gained but now they are at 500 lost of the 1,500 witching one week. That could be one of the sharpest declines since the literal launch where everyone was spawning in the ocean.

they clearly made a big mistake and of course will not own up to it. The fat that they said “we aren’t worried about the numbers” really just shows how horrible of a dev company they are(don’t bother white knighting with the “ea” BS lol) 2 and 1/2 years is plenty, these guys just suck.

really important to remember they are still 70 on the bottom 100 worst steam games. That will live on forever no matter what.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not only that, but when you spend 3 months taming and building and have a """defence""" of 300 puckles/balistas/cannons. And you are picked apart offline in a single night by a lvl 13 cannon horse. Thats a bit of an unbalance right there. There is absolutely no defence in this game other than having people online 24 hrs. That is why there is no population. If this game was American made the devs and everyone associated would be sued to hell and back or be in prison for promoting toxic division, racisism, inequality. I don't care what acceptance page you have everyone accept. WE all paid to play, everyone should have that opportunity to have an equal experience. And don't give me that shit of, pvp, single player, pve, unofficial servers bull shit. Clans have been formed since the connection of the first baud modem. The communities were not toxic. This behavior is propagated here behind the disguise of pvp and pirate themes. Even when they "try" to make decissions better for small or solo play they fail. Joining one side or the other is not acceptable. If I pay for the game, learn it play more hours than others. I should have that benefit or advantage. When your not able to play the game, spending 30 hrs at a clip online defending your base against 2-3 low lvl cannon horse/bear, there is a major balance issue. Several flaws such as building high on pillar bases and hiding stuff at the bottom of the ocean. Spamming pillars on your island or storing everything at freeport should not be allowed.  Bottom line, tames need to be protected and not stored at freeport. Boats need to be protected and not stolen out of 50000 gold armored docks. This is discrimination. Period. 

@Nacona Islands need to have an absolute no build at a height above a certain limit. I dont know about anyone else, But I dont care If I dont have the option to also build in an unraidable postion, But I dont want to spend 2 days trying to build up to to raid someone ,this is supposed to be a fleet battle game, anyone having the option for protection on a claimed island, high pillar location or freeport negates ANY further PVP in a PVP game. Larger companies will always have the advantage regardless of time or skill involved. Period.

If the devs are unable at this point to make changes to resurrect the game it is because it is expected for us to move on so they can be free of their failures.

Fully agree. Left the game after thousands of hours.

-devs dont listen

-devs remove stuff that is working perfectly

-devs bring new stuff that nobody requested

-claim towers kill the game for solos and small teams

Game over Grapeshot !

claim towers is a good idea. but they sahould have went for cupboards, so u have to break into somebodys base

18 hours ago, Dev Crusher said:

Fully agree. Left the game after thousands of hours.

-devs dont listen

-devs remove stuff that is working perfectly

-devs bring new stuff that nobody requested

-claim towers kill the game for solos and small teams

Game over Grapeshot !

Yeah big shame but this ship has sunk man. These devs literally sunk their own ship.

13 hours ago, chukiki said:

claim towers is a good idea. but they sahould have went for cupboards, so u have to break into somebodys base

Nope. I am not giving these guys any credit for anything. They have done nothing but screw up and screw over the playerbase. So no, they have never had a good idea.

As another update they have already lost 1/3 of the players that came back which means they only have to lose another 900 people to reach the all time low again, which won’t take that long.

these guys will back back to their new low in no time. Back to dead servers lol. As it stands there is still only an average a 2 players per server spread out. And to be honest eu pvp doesn’t even have enough for 1 player per server most times 

Well another week past and at 1600 average. Another 500 and we will see a new all time low. This is turning into the sharpest drop that has happened in the last couple years.

getting pretty bad to say the least. I think even the self proclaimed “faithful” players are realizing they made a big mistake by wasting time they will never get back. To be honest I kind of pity those people, like I actually feel really bad for them at this point, but we are to the point that any players that leave as of this minute are the “faithful” ones.

Only 88 people on eu pvp.

Edited by George of the jungle

Look at dark and light, an amazing game. Still in early access. Massive update and map a long time ago, But still EA. Nearly 4 years ago that game was released.

Well here we are a month later and things are actually looking worse than they ever have. With only 1,500 coming back after the update and with a month over 1,200 have already left they have almost seen a 100% decrease in the gains that happened during the wipe.

if you look at all other milestones throughout the entirety of the game there has never been this high of a percentage drop and never that fast. The reason that is so important is because numbers are already low but with them dropping this fast it will continue to gain momentum.

the devs always relied on wipes to bring people back but they just did a wipe so it will be at least 2 more months or more until is happens again. Numbers never go up between wipes after the initial gain and I mean they never even go up by 5 on any given day.

I will keep analyzing this every week because when you look at the pattern it is interesting and very telling. Wonder what the numbers will be after two months or more after already having all time low numbers. Guess we are getting ready to find out.

Down to 1322 average and 1108 is the all time low even though we saw it lower but the devs did the wipe a few days before the end of the month(smart or unethical). Either way the boost is only slowing down the drop.

it has kept dropping regardless of the boost and the boost is almost over so let’s see where the numbers go once the boost is done. I guess if you can’t stop the drop you can slow it to a leak for a little while. The only thing is that the boost is almost done so yeah.

all time low coming quick.

edit: once the rejects realize all they did was grind out mats for the Megas to take they will be gone as well.

It looks like they have abandoned single player now, or just can't be bothered. I wonder how long before pve goes the same way? Do they actually realize that they are selling the game and not giving it away for free? It's £24.99 atm for xbox. For a game that is fast getting abandoned just like dark and light did.

6 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

It looks like they have abandoned single player now, or just can't be bothered. I wonder how long before pve goes the same way? Do they actually realize that they are selling the game and not giving it away for free? It's £24.99 atm for xbox. For a game that is fast getting abandoned just like dark and light did.

Thank you adding this. I had heard about single player but don’t bother with it so I didn’t mention it.

but yeah I can’t believe they are try to sell this for 25-30 bucks. It is ridiculous. I guess just trying to squeeze whatever they can out of the players.

if they don’t even have a single player that works then they definitely aren’t going to have an online that works lol these guys failed in every way, professionalism, communication, ethics, you name it.

They should just change the whole thing to faction system instead of companies, New World has it just right where you fight for a part of a settlement/island with an opt in or out pvp.

Why they develop it towards large groups I will never know, they forget about the small groups and solo players. Having factions at least you can all fight for a common cause if you wanted to not be forced to "you are chopping trees today" no thank you. I will never return to the game as it stands and I hear the same sentiments among my friends and thousands of other players who started at launch.

You will always get a few players though who want to keep it the way it is like chuckysteak, only because it caters towards large player base only and not the solo/small groups. I will be enjoying my time in New World where they actually think about PvE as well as PvP in faction systems. Unfortunately Atlas is a dead game and you will see the players drop even more when New World is released. 

They have never listened to the community, they were caught out over a year ago passing on information to the top companies of the game, they have ruined what could have been the best pirate game out there as well as a MMO. They should all be sacked or just move back to Ark altogether. 

Dollie last login August 1, 2020, tells you all you need to know.

Edited by DannyUK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/17/2021 at 2:40 PM, DannyUK said:

They should just change the whole thing to faction system instead of companies, New World has it just right where you fight for a part of a settlement/island with an opt in or out pvp.

Why they develop it towards large groups I will never know, they forget about the small groups and solo players. Having factions at least you can all fight for a common cause if you wanted to not be forced to "you are chopping trees today" no thank you. I will never return to the game as it stands and I hear the same sentiments among my friends and thousands of other players who started at launch.

You will always get a few players though who want to keep it the way it is like chuckysteak, only because it caters towards large player base only and not the solo/small groups. I will be enjoying my time in New World where they actually think about PvE as well as PvP in faction systems. Unfortunately Atlas is a dead game and you will see the players drop even more when New World is released. 

They have never listened to the community, they were caught out over a year ago passing on information to the top companies of the game, they have ruined what could have been the best pirate game out there as well as a MMO. They should all be sacked or just move back to Ark altogether. 

Dollie last login August 1, 2020, tells you all you need to know.

Dude, I have been claiming factions before probably anyone(not competing here). I am completely with you on this. They literally put their knee pads on for megas. They must have been busy.

if you haven’t noticed though, ark always catered to Megas as well. Ark was a success however, where atlas was a crappy copy and paste ark.

these guys literally didn’t do anything different except make more water besides land. It really was pathetic. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

if you haven’t noticed though, ark always catered to Megas as well. Ark was a success however, where atlas was a crappy copy and paste ark.

Which is because in Ark there are only so many map types... if you are on one that is full / too PVP / too PVE spammed you go to another server OFF THE SAME MAP.
So you are basically left alone with whoever is also living there...
Now think about the Atlas, where you change grid to be on the exact same map with exact same resources and tames... why even sail to the next grid...? Would be a small world... and the only reason to go to the next grid is to grief the neighbors... because why would you want their island...? you got the exact same one in your grid... and all the Powerstones and the Kraken and Ice Cave...

What the "small" guys do not want to understand is, that you are small, compared to anyone that is bigger.
But you want it all, Gallies, large bases, hundreds of tames... and they have to be safe...! while you can go around and get the attacker PVP when you like.
You are like small squirrels wanting all the nuts and complaining that you have to work for it by your little lonely, while there are bigger predators out there...

It is called a SURVIVAL game for a reason. It is not for Dodo birds...

You are small, how about you join a faction (player alliance)?
How about you live on an island of a big company and enjoy there protection?
How about you live like a squirrel, small and hidden - faction-less like you like it...?

But there is always complaining...
I want protection! - get a dock and or play smart...
It cost money! - do some maps or steal it, yarrr...!
Too much work! - get a trade setup, free money, free resources...
I don't want to do that, thats not piratey! I want to be left alone, live for free, have all the marbles handed to me and attack PVP without fail even against 80 player company!
At least those 80 players beg to differ... and wipe you back to your size...
WaHahahahah...!!! Everyone is bad to me...!!!

We were talking about factions on here as far back as 2019, and it was still never unanimous on how it could, or should be done. But personally I think in some ways it would make pvp better. Mainly because it would make mega companies less of a threat to the solo player, if it was implemented properly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Which is because in Ark there are only so many map types... if you are on one that is full / too PVP / too PVE spammed you go to another server OFF THE SAME MAP.
So you are basically left alone with whoever is also living there...
Now think about the Atlas, where you change grid to be on the exact same map with exact same resources and tames... why even sail to the next grid...? Would be a small world... and the only reason to go to the next grid is to grief the neighbors... because why would you want their island...? you got the exact same one in your grid... and all the Powerstones and the Kraken and Ice Cave...

What the "small" guys do not want to understand is, that you are small, compared to anyone that is bigger.
But you want it all, Gallies, large bases, hundreds of tames... and they have to be safe...! while you can go around and get the attacker PVP when you like.
You are like small squirrels wanting all the nuts and complaining that you have to work for it by your little lonely, while there are bigger predators out there...

It is called a SURVIVAL game for a reason. It is not for Dodo birds...

You are small, how about you join a faction (player alliance)?
How about you live on an island of a big company and enjoy there protection?
How about you live like a squirrel, small and hidden - faction-less like you like it...?

But there is always complaining...
I want protection! - get a dock and or play smart...
It cost money! - do some maps or steal it, yarrr...!
Too much work! - get a trade setup, free money, free resources...
I don't want to do that, thats not piratey! I want to be left alone, live for free, have all the marbles handed to me and attack PVP without fail even against 80 player company!
At least those 80 players beg to differ... and wipe you back to your size...
WaHahahahah...!!! Everyone is bad to me...!!!

Yeah that’s cool. We can just let the game die. Numbers are so low now you can already call if a dead game so it really doesn’t matter.

that and it is still rated 67 on the bottom 100 worst games. I mean it really is a bad game in general 

7 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

We were talking about factions on here as far back as 2019, and it was still never unanimous on how it could, or should be done. But personally I think in some ways it would make pvp better. Mainly because it would make mega companies less of a threat to the solo player, if it was implemented properly.

Many of us have been talking about it over the years, I can't believe they haven't even tried it yet. It's been the same pretty much since launch, personally I don't think they will do it because all they know is Ark code, they haven't got the capabilities to implement it but it would certainly make the game more interesting.

Look at how New World have implemented it, you have 3 factions that can fight for an area with structures, a certain time is set to defend/attack the base which you can opt in or out to do. You lose it you must try to regain control and push back. Atlas could have done something similar have a big island with a fort of some kind with structures to take control of, 3 or 4 factions trying to take control of it. The faction in control has certain perk or benefits.

We know it won't happen though, wishful thinking. I will certainly enjoy playing the New World beta from tomorrow though, I can see the numbers drop further it will be interesting to see just how many abandon ship again. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Many of us have been talking about it over the years, I can't believe they haven't even tried it yet. It's been the same pretty much since launch, personally I don't think they will do it because all they know is Ark code, they haven't got the capabilities.

That was all you had to say and you are 100% right. The white knights that think the devs don’t do factions because they don’t want to is just pathetic.

they literally couldn’t do it if they tried. These guys can’t even make an update without any bugs let alone make a good game lmao.

I mean these guys are true idiots. 

remember the road map? Lmfao yeah no. They were driving to Florida and ended up in China somehow.