Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

On the Horizon - Dev Blog

remove all custom building from land and sea.

Give us ready ships and buildings. Stop being lazy letting players make ships and buildings for u. 

Im tired of having to spend 1 hour to build a damn ship every time i lose it. And the ship lags like hell because each ship has a dozen parts. That is so silly design. Just like custom buildings, each base has likle 100  pieces, ofc it lags, use ur goddamn mind!

I keep telling them to remove the stupid custom building. No it is not fun to build. And placing ready buildings is way more fun and  they look good, not  like god damn ugly bunkers.

Edited by chukiki

For the love of Atlas, please fix the damn decay timers on pve. This issue has been a constant thorn in the side since day 1. It would also be nice to see a ship decay timer so we know how long these abandoned ships in our Harbour will be there. Simple things....

6 hours ago, Cap'n Skitzo said:

All I see from any of these "improvements" is more pandering to the megas. 😒 If the devs were even the least bit interested in balancing the game (which at this point I very seriously doubt for the record) they'd make it harder for these gigantic super groups to control literally everything important.(You know, like Ark) There's no way that the devs  could miss the abuse of power they've continually created and seemingly reinforced short of absolute ignorance, especially considering how they claim to want to hear what we have to say. Instead they need to ACTUALLY listen and at least try to fix the problems that already exist, some of which have existed since Ark. Hell even the link they give us to report bugs and problems is broken, which to me says ALOT about the future of this game (or lack thereof)

Honestly I had such high hopes for Atlas, and even now the game isn't beyond redemption, but as it currently exists if it wasn't for private servers and single player I'd have tossed this game away just like I did Ark, and given the current trend of the game I may yet do just that.

Everything should be common.  Then it is fair. As long as the game has blue prints, extra buffs etc. The large company will benefit.

Besides these buffs are nonesense. Total unrealiastic and killing the immersion of the game.

Edited by chukiki
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

- As they said, the old ships will be removed as soon as replacements are available with modular ships.

- As the modular ships are less structures (to load in) lag goes down (hopefully). That was the initial thought to make the new ships - less structures less lag with current engine...
Same goes with land structures. They tried to get us more on the ocean and needing less land support. But because the fail in balancing PVP we need more and more land structures, because available defenses are getting more useless = so we need more of it.

Alright, that make sense but still they should do something like removing quality ships at all so we can start using modular and "test" them if you know what i mean, or still give us blueprint on them so we can actually use it and test, so people will not be angry after you remove ship that you're mastered to sail with to give you a new never sailed ones instead.

Also, modular ships will not really affect servers because you still have a lot of structures on each island at the grid and those are most problematic. In my opinion they should make some large pieces for defences like large walls but with greatly high hp (equalls to amount of small ones you would need to use to cover same area), so people would stop using the small pieces. Now you have large walls/large foundations but why you have to use them if you can have thousand small ones and they provide better defense? You have only a bit smaller HP but enemy need to destroy more of them to get through it so atm large pieces are worthless.

Still they should work first on fixing game before adding content because that is one thing that keep players away from atlas and at some point they will have no need to give more content because they will have no players. When i see large companies that have stacked 2,3,4+ farms at once on their island, how am i supposed to compete with them? They gater more resources just from one place than i from all my farms, and they have multiple places covered with stacked farm all around island. You can say that they fixed stacking farms/towers etc. and i can agree with that, but did they removed existing ones? No. So still biggest comapnies have them and make 100x more resources than others.

12 hours ago, Xime said:

they should do something like removing quality ships at all so we can start using modular and "test" them

Now you have large walls/large foundations but why you have to use them if you can have thousand small ones and they provide better defense?

So still biggest comapnies have them and make 100x more resources than others.

- They will have BPs for the new ships in next patches.
They cannot remove the old ships while we have only 2 new ships available.

- Yeah, they don't get it. They think we want to build with minimal structures, while we want to have save bases. They should at least give same HP per size. Or make structure upgrade able by just investing more resources with diminishing returns. One structure could become as much HP as multiple basic ones.

- At which point you have no use for the resources, so it does not matter. If you play small you cannot demand to have the same resources as max companies.
The farm stacking might have been not intended, but now they broke placement of all area restricted structures...
Also FYI you can steal from other peoples farms. You don't need your own farms, stacked or otherwise...

Remove blueprints  and peace phase they are the main reason this game is so unfair. 

Edited by chukiki

On 6/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, chukiki said:

Remove blueprints  and peace phase they are the main reason this game is so unfair. 

Chukiki you do not understand the game that is according the Devs a free Sandbox (MMO [RPG]). Peace Phase is very good for the game and should be existing in your lawless claimed teritory as well(offline raid protection). The game target is that online Players fight each other. OOR can be abused if you simply log off. But a Peace Phase is a fix timer you choose to match your personal time. For me the current Combat time is even to long but i guess most Players are fine with it.

The new ship(system) can be improved. It needs to be, at least the repairing and health system. I wrote about in other topic already about the Majestic Kraken. Yesterday i fought a ramming gally on EU PvP and it had no real chance against my Speed Shooner build for Hydra killing. I still vote for removing barrels from ships. They make playing shooner nearly impossible. I had to repair one Shooner solo missing 9 planks from one barrel barely rescued it with 2 HP buckling and repairing/replacing at the same time. Rammming gally and Majestic Kraken would be gone way faster with that damage received. A turtle for harbor run on armored ship docks that need 25k Cannon balls + to destroy? LOL. Mortars on ships was removed season 1 because no way to balance the grief on land. Also that lead to heavy ugly turtle ship meta. Yesterday i also saw stream where 8-9 ships tried to sink green anchored FOB ship of the biggest EU PvP company. They shot about 40 minutes non stop and removed 3-4 planks. 5-6 people repairing + bucketing, some farm rep material on the island and about 10 horses in the background that raided the island(90 players on server) I think lots of the shooting ships got sunk when the big company + ally arrived with 6-8 combat gallys and some supporting Brigs.

regarding BPs you are completely wrong. My full answer you can find in this topic with more detailed ideas to balance the system. Removing would be the death to Atlas.

*quartely check back*

really loved the first few months of atlas until you made everything easier, removed ressource diversity, and revamped good stuff to be worse like like the claim system instead of changing the few things around it that were broken like to prevent spamming of flags...oh my this first few months despite all the bugs and issues where such a blast....played a long with the new claim system quite a while too but it was just so much worse.

well i'll play again and check what it is like when you are done wiping and make a clear statement how this will be handled. as long this "season mindset" with wiping is here, i am out 🙂

Edited by Xenom

Don't even need to see the map, your statements contradict eachother.

"High level areas w valuable resources in the North... Resources spread out so that nobody dominates valuable resources... Trade winds so that you can travel the map faster""...

Soooo, um, basically, the top companies head North, gear up, then use the highway to return South and extend their advantage? 

Am i missing something? Did you create a small-tribe-invincibilty-platform-rabbit-hat that I missed in the notes?

I'm usually not the type to slow down and gawk at a car accident but wow.

👀

🤣

👀

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

great... mortar ship... so now anyone thats sufficiently bored and has a gold coin to spare can just buy it, load it up with a couple hundred mortar shots and offline raid people with ease or just go on drivebys to destroy defenses on a whim, not to mention that big companies can just stay outside guarding them in galleons  while they completely raze your base without ever having to set foot on your island... yeah, this is gonna kill off the playerbase that cant guard their shit 24/7

Empower large alliances to exterminate smaller groups with even greater efficiency and ease.

They could have just gone with that one line in the dev blog and spent the rest of the day at Dave and Buster's.

• Like 1

schooners should also get mortars.  My schooner has enough space to place one.

Edited by chukiki

Real nice tradewinds update that nobody can even use because you allow these d-bags to build shipyards from island to island to sink ships using this great new tradewinds feature.  Top notch game experience here.

tradewinds is shit, it kills immersion.

Instead brigs and galleons should be much faster than schooner.

Also Clans still peace phase islands, thats super ridiculous and unfair. 
Also stupid blue prints...

On 6/2/2021 at 5:58 PM, Stuart said:

Have you thought about fixing "stuff" that is already broken instead of adding more dumb stuff? 

Do you guys even support your game anymore??  You completely broke automations.....AGAIN, and not one single word from you about...'oh, yea, we f-d up, sorry about that, we will get it fixed'.  You completely ignore anything and everything your PAYING customers report to you, and you fail to fix the things you BREAK.

So, lets just get to the nitty-gritty, and the bottom line. Do you or do you not support this game anymore. I think a lot of people want to know, so they can either stay or stop wasting their time. 

We would like an answer!

Get rid of companies and just have 3 or 4 factions for god sake, that way you can focus on PvP instead of having to do both. If you are going down the route of taking control of certain areas I don't see why it isn't faction based anyway.

You are pushing it towards large groups, solo doesn't matter to them, they don't care. Having factions will let solo do their own thing and fight within a faction if they want without large companies saying "you go cut wood today" no thanks, I will play how I want to play but for now I won't be playing at all as it stands, still uninstalled like many other people.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Get rid of companies and just have 3 or 4 factions for god sake, that way you can focus on PvP instead of having to do both. If you are going down the route of taking control of certain areas I don't see why it isn't faction based anyway.

You are pushing it towards large groups, solo doesn't matter to them, they don't care. Having factions will let solo do their own thing and fight within a faction if they want without large companies saying "you go cut wood today" no thanks, I will play how I want to play but for now I won't be playing at all as it stands, still uninstalled like many other people.

Why isnt it faction based? Becuase it's a sandbox game. They were very upfront about that. Factions wont happen, and that's a good thing becuase we didnt sign up for a theme park. You should get that terrible idea out of your head or go play WoW or ESO or fill in the blank theme park mmo.

They arent pushing it twords large groups. They flat out made it a large group game. Not one single change has ever favored a smaller group over a large group. It's obvious becuase of how easy it would be to balance it out. It's just a god damn shame.

Atlas could be ok as pve/pvp by just introducing one large pvp zone, and any one who wants a scrap enters and everyone else stays away. I know we have all suggested this before on the forums and I thought at one point they said they were moving in that direction. The way it is at the moment it's just an Ark dlc imitating Rust.

10 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Why isnt it faction based? Becuase it's a sandbox game. They were very upfront about that. Factions wont happen, and that's a good thing becuase we didnt sign up for a theme park. You should get that terrible idea out of your head or go play WoW or ESO or fill in the blank theme park mmo.

They arent pushing it twords large groups. They flat out made it a large group game. Not one single change has ever favored a smaller group over a large group. It's obvious becuase of how easy it would be to balance it out. It's just a god damn shame.

How is factions theme park? Don't see your logic there. Majority of the players have already left the game including myself which lets you know people aren't happy with how the game is right now. As for large groups, of course it's being pushed that way.

Companies are large groups, you can't solo in the game anymore. It probably won't change to factions but getting it out of my head? Not a chance because that's the way it should be different opinion I'm afraid. They have certainly pushed it towards large groups, the more people you have in group the more points you will have to take over an island, solo no chance.

Sorry you are entitled to your opinion but in my view you're wrong.

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2021 at 1:11 AM, Whitehawk said:

Atlas could be ok as pve/pvp by just introducing one large pvp zone, and any one who wants a scrap enters and everyone else stays away. I know we have all suggested this before on the forums and I thought at one point they said they were moving in that direction. The way it is at the moment it's just an Ark dlc imitating Rust.

Unfortunately this will not work on official servers. There will be nobody settling in the PvP Zone. Everybody will settle in the PVE areas. So the big game part of land fight (distruction raids) will not be available anymore. Players would just have safe ships parked on the shore and could bring them into battle(other server grid) when ever they like... it would be a sea fight PvP only(or run into PVE if loosing game). The game would need drastical changes to get valuable resources on those PvP/Golden Age islands. But what is valuable in this game? The PvP islands would need strong monsters like dragons and hydras that gain Xp, rare powerful Blueprints and may have some resources only available there. So Players would be forced to farm there, bring ships to transport the goods and a fleet to safe it. The strong Lvl 50-60 SotD would need to drop good quality BPs. It may even worse to put some lvl 70-80 SotD into Golden Age and make minimum SotD level to 30. Players are currently so bored of hunting good BPs also because of the worse BP balance that spread to far... like 350% cannons etc. Currently you have sea fights in Golden Age because lots of players are out there with ships to get BPs while other group up to hunt those to get the BPs. It's actually some piratry game but in 90% of the cases there is now valuable stuff you can get from your oponent... or it gets droped before the ship sinks.

Fun fact, breeders would be safe but their tames would be off no use. You could actually combine PVE and PVP server in this case. Treasure Maps can be done safely only paying some tax to the islands owner that does not need to spam fences and "useless" time sink defence.

Some would like this idea and play this way on private servers already.

But on official servers Players like the tag PvP because it means 24/7 aggression, destruction, offline radining etc.(typical Chukiki)

Lets be honest though, Pyracy is almost totally a seabound  lifstyle, with time out for trade and pleasure etc. So why do our bases have to be involved in pvp anyway? is this a Pyrate game? or just a rust style game with sea battles? Surely in a Pyrate game the emphasis for fighting should be at sea, not land. If our bases were safe from attack it would at least give more incentive for ship battles. Maybe the devs should look in a dictionary for the definition of Pyracy.

8 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Lets be honest though, Pyracy is almost totally a seabound  lifstyle, with time out for trade and pleasure etc. So why do our bases have to be involved in pvp anyway? is this a Pyrate game? or just a rust style game with sea battles? Surely in a Pyrate game the emphasis for fighting should be at sea, not land. If our bases were safe from attack it would at least give more incentive for ship battles. Maybe the devs should look in a dictionary for the definition of Pyracy.

r u a child?

Why? do you need someone to walk to Play school with? Cos if you do, u need a different forum.