GCDragonfli

FIX THE DAMN GAME

Ever since Last Patch the game has become a COMPLETE Mess .. Lost all files and worlds .. No Maps .. Start a New Character and you spawn in the MIDDLE of the Ocean.

Can not load old save ........ ALL we get are ERROR Message .. Last patch delete the content of a game file .. so you have No world maps or references.  

Read the STEAM FORUMS .. if you Care about your players and all the Hate at the Moment.

Get OFF your Butt and check out your game. Thank you ....... PS: this has been going on for over a week now.

Atlas Screenshot 2021.06.01 - 10.01.16.87.png  You get this when loading the Game 

Atlas Screenshot 2021.06.01 - 10.02.15.80.png    You get this when spawning a New character.

Edited by GCDragonfli

8 hours ago, GCDragonfli said:

Ever since Last Patch the game has become a COMPLETE Mess .. Lost all files and worlds .. No Maps .. Start a New Character and you spawn in the MIDDLE of the Ocean.

Can not load old save ........ ALL we get are ERROR Message .. Last patch delete the content of a game file .. so you have No world maps or references.  

Read the STEAM FORUMS .. if you Care about your players and all the Hate at the Moment.

Get OFF your Butt and check out your game. Thank you ....... PS: this has been going on for over a week now.

Atlas Screenshot 2021.06.01 - 10.01.16.87.png  You get this when loading the Game 

Atlas Screenshot 2021.06.01 - 10.02.15.80.png    You get this when spawning a New character.

I feel I have the obligation to not just inform you but also educate you about this company. There are some white knights here that will say it is a completely different company than wildcard but they are very wrong for two reasons.

reason 1: in the very beginning, grapeshot was comprised of mostly wildcard employees, regardless of things changing later(who cares about that).

Reason 2: atlas was in fact a dlc called water world that ended up being a money grab as a stand alone called atlas. Plenty of people deny this but they deny it with no evidence, where throughout the past two years there has been plenty to support the claim rather than to deny it.

bottom line is you really shouldn’t waste your breath. I am not by any means saying your words do not matter because they do but..... they will fall on deaf ears so unfortunately and technically your words kind of do not matter at the same time.

I get it you like the game right? You want to feel like a “loyal” customer right? If so, I feel really bad for those people because you are not seeing the forest through the trees. It is really sad to be honest.

I mean we have the entitled people that think their opinion matters and whatever they want to happen should happen( I don’t feel bad for those peopl), but the problem is the people with actual common sense that say “hey, that doesn’t really make that much sense” and they still get ignored. Those are the true casualties.

this is literally the worst dev company in the world and I am even including EA I’m that lol

13 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

I mean we have the entitled people that think their opinion matters and whatever they want to happen should happen( I don’t feel bad for those peopl), but the problem is the people with actual common sense that say “hey, that doesn’t really make that much sense” and they still get ignored. Those are the true casualties.

Certainly agree with that.

When this first happened I almost posted in defense of the devs, after all, a piece of software of this size is an incredibly complicated beast. But!  Its been nearly a week now since I made a bug report, and since many other people alerted to the problem, and yet I haven't seen any acknowledgement from the devs whatsoever!  That is indeed very poor.

I dont know enough about the game to be sure, but it looks to me like the servergrid is missing.  As far as I know the servergrid is responsible for inserting the islands etc?  Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Using the servergrid editor I can create a servergrid.json file, but I dont know where it should be placed, does anyone know the answer?  I'm talking about the single player/non-dedicated server version.  

4 minutes ago, PterrorBite said:

Certainly agree with that.

When this first happened I almost posted in defense of the devs, after all, a piece of software of this size is an incredibly complicated beast. But!  Its been nearly a week now since I made a bug report, and since many other people alerted to the problem, and yet I haven't seen any acknowledgement from the devs whatsoever!  That is indeed very poor.

I dont know enough about the game to be sure, but it looks to me like the servergrid is missing.  As far as I know the servergrid is responsible for inserting the islands etc?  Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Using the servergrid editor I can create a servergrid.json file, but I dont know where it should be placed, does anyone know the answer?  I'm talking about the single player/non-dedicated server version.  

Yeah and unfortunately I fear you will get even more of a bad taste in your mouth as the days go on. They people that are salty aren’t just being salty for the heck of it. They have been around and have been dealing with these problems for two and a half years lol.

don’t feel bad about the ticket being ignored because it isn’t just you. It is literally everyone. I am surprised you did get the auto corrected response to be honest. That happens when someone puts in a ticket and it automatically gets marked as resolved lmao that one always triggers people. 

wish I had the answer for you man but I am not too familiar with single player. Good luck though.

On 6/1/2021 at 2:51 PM, GCDragonfli said:

Can not load old save ........ ALL we get are ERROR Message

Possible fix!

You need to have Blackwood.

I noticed that blackwood still worked, so...

I copied SavedAtlasLocal folder to somewhere safe.  I then copied entire contents of BlackwoodSavedAtlasLocal folder into ~\saved\SavedAtlasLocal.  

In SavedAtlasLocal I then deleted every file ending with .atlas

I then fished out one of my earlier saves and copied  ocean_10_8.atlas  (the most recent save, your file name may differ) into SavedAtlasLocal.

I fired up the game. Right at the point where we normally enter the game the screen went white, about 20 seconds later I found myself in a freeport. Everything seems to be working except the map.  I used fly mode and found I could enter into other sectors just fine and the islands are all there.  

UPDATE!

After doing the above, I copied my original save folder back into the game, and now I have everything back as it was before the infernal update. The only exception is the map isn't displaying the image. 

Edited by PterrorBite