Sign in to follow this  
monkguru

No Sale = No new fish

One major thing absent from this wipe was a sale to include an influx of new players. We are stuck with the same "megas" same names, same people, playing the same way. Combine it with the devs lack of being able to balance the game and deal with cheaters, it makes for a very stale game that most will tire of very quickly. We occasionally get new players that are excited to learn and experience only to find out it is not the experience they were hoping for. If that doesn't exhibit the need for big changes, I don't know what does. 

The devs, need to get off their high horse, stop catering with these megas. Day 3 of the wipe we were fighting level 85 guys that had 2 crabs on the island. Sound BALANCED? FIX and Balance your game and new people will stick around! Who cares if you lose the megas! Thats a few hundred people at this point! Let less toxic balanced and competitive game play be the new course for atlas!

• Like 1

There are 400 300 and 600 ppl now playing all 3 officials. So "few hundreds" will be like "half of player base" in some ways : )) (I mean I do agree something needs to be done to balance megas and lone wolves).

The thing is I am pretty sure after two and a half years we are at the point of whoever was going to buy it has bought it. A sale won’t do too much and they have already had sales before. There has probably already been about a million people that have bought the game but will just simply never come back regardless of what the devs do. 

they screwed the pooch way too hard for people. At this point I wouldn’t even bother giving the devs credit even if they did something really good. I would just say “ok, you actually did your job one time, I haven’t forgotten the 100’s of times you didn’t” and many people will be the same one. There is no reason to give them any positive feedback at this point because they don’t deserve it.

this game has already run its course and it is in the decay stage. It will never reach even 5000 on player counts. Nowhere close to it which even that is a tiny playerbase that no company should be proud of.

ark was a success and atlas is a failure. 

Every sale has brought and influx to the freeports. They do however need to address many issues.

Ark is a success because of megas, and they are trying to go by the same stategy. Also why they never communicate and are late with every patch to create hype. But theres no one left to hype up. lol

sale is good for current players to get easy second acount or even more if they get banned for exploiting etc. New Players maybe below 10% of the buyers. I even heard storys about steam hardware bans(mainboard number) for some Players after several times cought duping etc. Maybe you shouldn't buy old mainboards or graphic cards 🤔

The issue is - even when they do run a sale, which is cool this is what happens, 

If a person joins the game, that does not have any pre-existing connections in the game, the experience is un-rewarding,

If they are new, its tough to negotiate your way into the larger companies, not even necessarily mega;s, just dozen man companies so they don't even go into it for that mindset, 

They play for a weekend, maybe a week or so, might have otherwise loved the game, but leave. 

What i have found, is that when you band together as a few people, even just a few, the game is much more enjoyable, you want to stick around, there is banter, there is legitimate "fun" to be had, but as a new individual coming in, if you don't know anyone, feels very alienating. 

Now for those with a passion for the genre, they may stick around, and in time meet people, but for others, not so into the golden age of piracy as some of us are here, they just leave, get bored. 

Some people are very timid, i recall, one or two seasons ago, long story,  but i ended up on a sloop with a bunch of new people from freeport, they literally had ramshackle, but after server wipe, they were like "were not coming back dont want to level up again" 

We have to make things appealing out of the gates, so that people want to stick around, without having to worry about the timesink of politics, or meeting people. 

• Like 1

Season 6- Farming for Megas.  😄

We need to find a mega that will allow us to be grifted by them without too painful a tax.  Lol.  Or just leave our stuff in open boxes.