Sign in to follow this  
Solstar

Placing Farms and Quarry's Directly Next to Each Other

I'm reasonably certain this isn't normally allowed.   There are double quarries nearby, by the same person. 

Edit: Found another set of double quarries a little further away, so clearly whatever this person is doing is repeatable.

Edited by Solstar

I removed a lumberyard and quarry to upgrade them, now, even though it turns blue, I can't place them in the exact same spots?  This isn't the first time I've replaced these specific lumberyard and quarry with upgraded versions.  So, that leads me to believe a "fix" was implemented to prevent the exploiters from double placing.  But now it's affecting my ability to upgrade my resource gathering...  cool cool cool.

8 hours ago, Solstar said:

I removed a lumberyard and quarry to upgrade them, now, even though it turns blue, I can't place them in the exact same spots?  This isn't the first time I've replaced these specific lumberyard and quarry with upgraded versions.  So, that leads me to believe a "fix" was implemented to prevent the exploiters from double placing.  But now it's affecting my ability to upgrade my resource gathering...  cool cool cool.

How does it act? It doesnt let you click the second time at all? Or does it place but gets back in to your inventory immediately?

The outline turns blue, no warning that anything is too close.  I click once and it placed but lets me rotate.  I click the second time and it disappears and puts it back in my hotbar.

And I have extensively mapped out distances between my farms.  I know there is more than enough room, becuae I already had structures placed.  This acts like grapeshot tried to mitigate the farm exploits and botched the fix.

Two players can place two different gathering buildings right next to each other if they coordinate: 3..2..1..place, etc..

Right, I get that.  Now to the real issue.

Why can't I upgrade my lumbermill?  I have found multiple blue spots inside my claimed area, and have quadruple checked distances to other resource gathering buildings.  And when I say multiple spots, I have at least 5 different places that I should be able to place a lumbermill.  And the game knows it, because the outlines turn blue.  There's no red warnings that other buildings are too close.  Yet, right as I place it, the warning pops onto the screen and shoves the mill back in my hotbar.  It's driving me crazy, because just trying to upgrade my mill is now preventing me from farming wood at my main settlement.

5 hours ago, George Catcher said:

There were a lot of messages in discord that Grapes increased farm-restriction radius.

Where?  I've only ever seen the normal 200m listed.

They have made a change when placing such area restricted structures.
Docks here now basically always show blue (if water there and within range of island). They can clip into each other showing blue.
But they do not show if it is allowed or that other same structure is too close.
So you get blue and it might not place, but un-select it. Testing around there are spots where you can get closer to other restricted buildings now, but other spots where you have to be way further away then before. Very un-intuitive, makes no sense yet what the rules are - especially when it is always blue...
Better not remove what is already there for now.

I wish they'd go back to the single farmhouse instead of all these subtypes. Or maybe if more players would leave them unlocked or share a PIN? Both? Neither? 

19 hours ago, Juddo said:

I wish they'd go back to the single farmhouse instead of all these subtypes. Or maybe if more players would leave them unlocked or share a PIN? Both? Neither? 

Unlocking does nothing, with warhourse getting stuff out, there is barly 1k5 of stuff in them.
Warehouse on the other hand just despawns the mats after one full stack.
The whole system is still in a complete buggy state, like everything else the new team did.

Splitting the farmhouse in 4 differnent stuctures, plus not even farming some stuff. Plus gathering at like 20%.

• Like 1

After hot fix I lost 2 bases, 3 farms, and some other structures including warehouses and markets. Tried rebuilding in same spots and I cannot. The distances between farming structures is glitched and incoherent depending on which island you're on. Some islands are fine. Others are a mess. Had issues with placing warehouses before wipe, and found changing my company name allowed me placement. But you have to be outside grid, and after change grace period. I've lost unnamed tames. I have troubles fast traveling to unnamed beds. I've posted about the name thing being a bug but devs don't read or care. I warned about adding broken stuff to broken stuff, but unheard again. I don't know how to move forward in this game when my bases are in disarray and unfixable. On the verge of throwing in the towel on this game. I spend alot of time doing something just to have it disappear. Fix the playability of this game before adding anything else. The current state of this game is a hot mess. It is the worst it has ever been. All the old bugs exist and now there is 2x more bugs. Why aren't the bugs getting fixed? Why are we adding more bugs? It's as if on purpose. Makes no logical sense whatsoever. 

Edited by Motor

They wanted us to be more sailing and in season 6 they did a complete turnover with the farms, now u actually hafto farm 70% of ur time again if your building alot. This bug helped a little to actually get some income into the warehouse. Tbh in the start of the season first 2 weeks we did not much else than riding giraff,elephant,rhino.remember u also need allt of extra resourses to feed the warehouse to make money.

• Like 1

They wanted us to be more sailing...

I keep hearing that, but sometimes I doubt about that. I mean... What's the core of sailing?

- Ships.

- Weather.

- Ocean.

In two years they added just 2 unplayable, unbalanced ships.

The weather stays the same as from the beginning. It's pretty basic, simple, predictable and sometimes absurd, like playing Pacman with tornadoes or facing the rain in polar while it's -30*c (-22*f) or heatwave +30*c (+86*f) in snowy Tundra. We have same unchangeable sky. Random rainstorms, cold/heat waves and fog. All those occurs by RNG. And that's it. 

The whole overhaul of weather needed.

So the would be different weather, windy or calm, warm sunny days (freezing sunny in polar and tundra), or cold cloudy (warm cloudy in polar and tundra). So there would be storm fronts or just gray drizzles. Snow blizzards or just fluffy snowflakes like Christmas. So we would see puddles or snow cover on surfaces. So we would see amazing sunshines and sunrises. Thunder anvils and even supercells. Rainbows, and st. Elmo's flares. So we could teach meteorology in skills to predict the weather.

I mean even SCS which does just a game about truck drivers do a lot of job to create amazing skyboxes. Altho it seems why would they even bother?

And the ocean. Again - as simple as it gets. Just randomly rendered damned ships (alien bone ships with disco-rave on it, doesn't look scary for me). Whales. That's it.

What dev did last 2 years? They improved technical and hardware stuff, I can feel it. That's good. But on the other hand. All they do is just adding physical objects in the game (like new houses, new tames, new towers, new tools, new objects, tames hats...) and randomly messing with numbers.

I dunno how you guys feel, but it seems to me they either don't wanna touch the core code of the game for some reason. Or they don't know how to change it.

So that's I worry most about. They WONT improve the game. So all we'll get is more and more different objects in upcoming years, but sail the same rotated clockwise wind and play Pacman with random tornadoes...

Edited by George Catcher

6 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I dunno how you guys feel, but it seems to me they either don't wanna touch the core code of the game for some reason. Or they don't know how to change it.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't understand why they won't fix the bugs. It's only going to make it harder in the future to pinpoint what's causing other bugs. I don't have faith in them knowing how? Keep adding things until the knowhow comes back and fixes things? What are they waiting for? It's only going to get messier, the more you stack on a rickety foundation. I feels like we're nosediving with no pilot.

• Like 1

Lost yet another farm trying to replace it with a quarry seeing how farms don't collect everything and you need to swap them out to fulfill your needs. It is blue yet when placed says there is another one or 2 in the area. This game is really starting to piss me off! Fix your fucking game devs!!!! I feel like I'm walking on eggshells with this damn game! How else can or will this game fuck me over next! This game is a waste of time. It used to be fun, now it's turned into a pain in the ass!

I Play now on PvP and have a "second" claimed island of my company free for me to farm. I placed more than 30 different gathering buildings. After some griefers destroyed some of them i tried to replace them. 2 of them i could move the position by about 25-30 meters more distance to get them placed. Same issue: old position is blue but when placing there is short message to close to other farms. So yes distance is changed somehow, but not the initial. Patch notes/hotfix notes do not exist.

Also I am not using the double or what so ever placing(3/4) as there was already lots of bans this season. Lots of EU Players started NA this season to show SDC they are not kings of the Atlas world xD. But as well lots returned after ban on NA etc.

Worst for me is that i connected the farms with zip lines but now i have to walk much more as the farm is not close to the zip line anymore. Caused me to farm now 2,5h instead of 2h daily. I do not upgrade the not protected farms so it's all common production. ALso i see no defference farming with 1.0 oder 0.5 effectivness. Did not check if BP farms gather more and can hold more than 10k now?