Sign in to follow this  
Juddo

No New Settlers

Out of curiosity, why would an island owner with tons of open space not want to add settlers to their island? 

OK, so that's now 2 island owners with TONS of space that have said they have too many settlers. Did something change? Is it no longer good to have settlers? 

Sometimes I feel landowners themselves do not understand why they not allowing new setlers lol : )) (I'm also curious about that).

I live on an island owned by someone else. All seems good here with no issues. 

I think some island owners may not want settlers due to you never know what you are going to get. Do you get someone like me with two fairly small buildings playing around with breeding bears, that you never hear from? Or, do you get the person that builds all day, everyday, building some giant base and yapping smart ass stuff in chat all evening?

One is out of sight, out of mind. One reduces the value of your island and your Atlas time.

I'd say if you see an owned island with a lot of open space... talk to the owner, tell them what your intent is on building and what you are like. This way they have some idea what level of risk they are taking by allowing you to live there.

If I owned Atlas, I'd explore options like grids with many small islands I could rent for USD. Something like Secondlife's land rental program. As long as you pay the 5 USD a week you own it and can set the rules. I'd set up grids of all different layouts to rent for USD. You could rent a tiny island, one of many on a grid. You could rent an entire grid. Or anything in between. Not changing the current layout of the map other than adding more grids as rented attached to on side. I'd use the income to add staff and servers.

I think some island owners may not want settlers due to you never know what you are going to get. I'd say if you see an owned island with a lot of open space... talk to the owner, tell them what your intent is on building and what you are like.

That's why some owners leave message: "Contact me on discord if you wanna settle".

Which is fine, but this game, with great potential of players interaction really need to get some group, market, messages etc. features. Currently we have just old fashion chat, while leaders of MMO gaming industry introducing bunch of different tools.

On 5/24/2021 at 5:46 PM, George Catcher said:

That's why some owners leave message: "Contact me on discord if you wanna settle".

Which is fine, but this game, with great potential of players interaction really need to get some group, market, messages etc. features. Currently we have just old fashion chat, while leaders of MMO gaming industry introducing bunch of different tools.

I've actually had issues with those messages not showing. I try to check for billboards, but doesn't seem like that many companies do that.