Sign in to follow this  
Stabby

Sizable Advantage

12 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

They are working of the server timeout issues currently, supposed to have a solution soon!

I know it seems like they do care but are just super overwhelmed at the moment. Hope is gets here soon. Cant wait to play!

1 minute ago, MetalStretcher said:

we aren't even getting the opportunity to crash servers....they wont accept anyone!

Apparently, quite a bit of people got through initially. Then the servers took a dump and ever sense it's been a one sided battle.

13 minutes ago, thesavagerain said:

Apparently, quite a bit of people got through initially. Then the servers took a dump and ever sense it's been a one sided battle.

Yeah I was in for 10mins...not since then. Krakens Maw showing 0/150 on all freeports

6 minutes ago, MetalStretcher said:

Yeah I was in for 10mins...not since then. Krakens Maw showing 0/150 on all freeports

Yeah i know it's super frustrating.

48 minutes ago, Kap said:

I think you were polite in your post. Now can we please get back on topic guys? What are we going to do about the guys that have pickaxes and hatches already when we get to join?

We should take away their toys.

by the reasoning of the OP, the advantage is also in favor of those with higher download speeds with a launch like this (ie no pre-downloading). Those with the faster speeds get in game quicker etc. If anything these issues are equalizing the field a tiny bit for people with poor download speeds to actually catch up while the ones that are done downloading are stuck waiting trying to get into servers... it's like nature is finding its own balance.. haha. Thanks for your patience and happy sailing!

people in the frozen zone cant even compete with anyone that spawned everywhere else. There is literally 0 fiber in the frozen zones(theres some on the starter zone obviously). Spent 6 hours on a raft with my friend jumping island to island, dying to hypothermia, battling wolves, all to just travel through 4 grids to get to a non frozen zone to get 2 shot by a level 30 in full metal gear(we were level 8 because of the cap. Then said level 30 destroys the boat and bed in less than a minute using fire arrows. back to square one. If frozen zone was supposed to be difficult why bother making it a spawn point? It literally hinders gameplay to the point that it makes you want to quit when you see how far people have progressed in non frozen zones.

On 12/22/2018 at 5:29 PM, Shoo said:

by the reasoning of the OP, the advantage is also in favor of those with higher download speeds with a launch like this (ie no pre-downloading). Those with the faster speeds get in game quicker etc. If anything these issues are equalizing the field a tiny bit for people with poor download speeds to actually catch up while the ones that are done downloading are stuck waiting trying to get into servers... it's like nature is finding its own balance.. haha. Thanks for your patience and happy sailing!

I dont mind if they have a better internet connection... thats all well and good .. but .. when 1/3 (24 of 72) of all starting servers are not allowing anyone to login for 4hrs ... thats just wrong yes at that time it was rubber banding so the 2/3 servers that were connected were not advancing fast ..but it still is an advantage not to mention everyone in the lawless starting points are at a disadvantage for numerous reasons

they need to wipe all and start everyone fresh.. basically do a relaunch correctly 

Edited by Jasterthemaster

You know... I know this isn't constructive or anything and will probably be removed by a mod (which it should) but I gotta say it.

Game should be labeled as Steam Early Non Access in it's current form... Just sayin

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

You know... I know this isn't constructive or anything and will probably be removed by a mod (which it should) but I gotta say it.

Game should be labeled as Steam Early Non Access in it's current form... Just sayin

the game just released. and yes they have issues. 

I played a lot of early access games and this is nothing new.

Just have patience.