Sign in to follow this  
Razeal

Remove claim towers

Or limit how many each company can place, seriously..  there's no where to build.

Can't find a spot to build in lawless at all.

Can't not build in lawless cause there's gather buildings and markets everywhere.

You've seriously cut the head off your player base. 

Hmm I'm been sailing a lot around the atlas world and i see many free spots but yes  many players just spamming big walls and shit they really don't need. I guess you play PVE so keep looking free spots at cold areas 🙂

its impossible to kill them on high ground needs a 7 day decay timer or something

if none from the company has been at the claim tower for 7 days wtf why keep it in the game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daish said:

its impossible to kill them on high ground

can you fly?

I am out till they remove the claim towers.

Completely pointless to play Atlas at the moment, everything you build is auto lost to the next guy passing by with a claim tower.

• Sad 1

The people that have been here since the start will know very well all a claim tower is is the same as they used flags at launch to gain a circle. If you are going down this route they should have restricted how many you can have whether you have 1 person or 100.

As for the automated structures like warehouse etc, what a waste they are restricting people in putting them down? That is not improving the game that is forcing people away. They are wanting more people at sea hence the automation and yet if someone has a structure down you can't place it, they are working backwards devs haven't got a clue.

They have lost the majority of the player base, if I was them I'd be thinking of scrapping PvE altogther and just focus on PvP because they are not upto the job. The game will never be how it was portrayed at launch. At least I can say I was there at the 40k player mark, didn't last long though did it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:40 PM, Razeal said:

Or limit how many each company can place, seriously..  there's no where to build.

Can't find a spot to build in lawless at all.

Can't not build in lawless cause there's gather buildings and markets everywhere.

You've seriously cut the head off your player base. 

farm structures need reduced range because we need at least 4 farm structures instead of 1 and for that we need more claimed area.

Have a nice day

If players place each 4 farms as close to eachother as possible, then only 11 players on REALLY BIG island will be able to have all 4 farms:

j270kYX.jpg

So I see 3 options here. It's either:

- Devs have no clue what they doing, just randomly messing with numbers and see what's happen.

- Devs don't wanna every1 set their farming and trading chains. But they just forgot to mention it in their QnA sessions. And forgot to tell how do they see life of players without farms and warehouses.

- Devs wanna every1 join big companies, so there would not be a lone wolves. They just forgot to make any group and companies features. Forgot to introduce ways to secure your stuff, that you gathered or created within company, forgot to introduce any advantages that big company can give you, and any activities that requires a company.

With this last point I can tell I've played Overwatch alot recently. And DEVs there were always telling us: "We want you to play with your friends because it's fun!!!" And... it just didn't work this way. It doesn't work anymore. Maybe in 2006, when online games were in the beginning of their fascinating way - the fact that you playing with your friend was fun. Now times changed. All is different.

...or maybe there is some king of 4th option. Maybe Devs have their own vision of how it should work, and some day introduce us complete feature...

As far as land goes, I see a lot of open land. I have 3 outposts and see open land around each. I have 2 in the tower-less lawless and one in the corner of someone's owner island.

The land issue comes down to the amount of land per person. If you limit the amount of land a player has it limits the interest of the game. Everyone wants land. It's required to enjoy the game. 

One problem is people can't find the available land. If your not willing to search for it, you come to the forum and say there is no land. If you are will to search for it, you find it and build your base. But that comes from someone who plays a lot. A weekend warrior is going to have a hard time.

The truth is I hate having the weekend warriors around me. They pop in spam crap all over and I watch the timers as they count down 7 8 9 days (owner not around) then get refreshed. They use a lot of land but are almost never around to use it. That's part of the problem. I see grids with 3 or 4 islands full of bases while the population ranges from 3 to 15 players through out the day and night.

Tower, if we go that way should have a timer (10-12 days) AND a gold cost perhaps 50 gold per day. Low enough to not punish active players, high enough to stop massive land use by people who are never around and just refresh timers weekly.

As far as gathers go... it was a bad call to make more types of gathers, requiring everyone to have or want more, while so many lack the space to plant them.  We would be better to have one or two types that collected multiple resources.

I'd suggest one type of gather that collected everything with a much bigger holding tank. Then limit everyone to two per island or companies to 5 if the company has 10 or more members. Then you could lower the no build range without the spam.  And the collection range of the warehouse should be island wide.

• Like 1

Something interesting that megas know about claim towers that a lot of folks might not:

Each company, even a company of one, begins with 200 claim points. So, what happens when that mega (at 200/200 claim points spent) steamrolls a lawless company of two and wants to claim their stuff? Easy!

Someone drops from the company, claims it, and then rejoins the company. For example, let's say that the mega company, INCELZerg, needs to drop a claim, but is capped at 200/200. Pirate MegaN00b03 drops from the company; MegaN00b03 is now the only member of MegaN00b03 Company with 0/200 claim point, so he starts claiming like crazy until his solo company is also 200/200. Now comes the fun part! INCELZerg re-invites MegaNoob03 back, and all of MegaN00b's claims become owned by his old company. INCELZerg's claim points are now effectively 400/200. Repeat, repeat, repeat... Honestly, you don't even need to be in a mega - a company of two people effectively has infinite claim points.

Basically, each company needs to be HARD CAPPED at 200 claim points. For example, If a 200/200 company merges with a 100/200, then all of the 100/200 company's claims instantly demo.

I think the intention of claimable lawless was to provide an ownership option for solos and smaller companies. But as it is now, island-owning megas are using the island claim exploit to purge lawless islands and claim every square inch.

Quick edit: Another fun hobby is to sail around claimable lawless islands looking for poor saps who have armored docks within claim tower radius. Destroy the 400k hp claim tower, place your own, demo your new armored dock for 5k gold. Continue on.

Edited by Kast
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, George Catcher said:

If players place each 4 farms as close to eachother as possible, then only 11 players on REALLY BIG island will be able to have all 4 farms:

j270kYX.jpg

So I see 3 options here. It's either:

- Devs have no clue what they doing, just randomly messing with numbers and see what's happen.

- Devs don't wanna every1 set their farming and trading chains. But they just forgot to mention it in their QnA sessions. And forgot to tell how do they see life of players without farms and warehouses.

- Devs wanna every1 join big companies, so there would not be a lone wolves. They just forgot to make any group and companies features. Forgot to introduce ways to secure your stuff, that you gathered or created within company, forgot to introduce any advantages that big company can give you, and any activities that requires a company.

With this last point I can tell I've played Overwatch alot recently. And DEVs there were always telling us: "We want you to play with your friends because it's fun!!!" And... it just didn't work this way. It doesn't work anymore. Maybe in 2006, when online games were in the beginning of their fascinating way - the fact that you playing with your friend was fun. Now times changed. All is different.

...or maybe there is some king of 4th option. Maybe Devs have their own vision of how it should work, and some day introduce us complete feature...

Or get three people together, each with a harvesting building ready to place, then do 3..2..1..place.

Because coding is hard. Apparently.

• Like 1

@Kast
you do not start with 200 claim points in a one man company and if you do that clearly is a bug that needs to be fixed. We are in a company with 35 players and only have 176 points.

On topic, the solution is simple, the distance for gathering buildings should only apply to that company, and then there should be a limit of 2 or 3 of each type on each island.

Warehouses should apply the same company only logic and should collect from the entire island.

4 hours ago, Gindorf said:

@Kast
you do not start with 200 claim points in a one man company and if you do that clearly is a bug that needs to be fixed. We are in a company with 35 players and only have 176 points.

On topic, the solution is simple, the distance for gathering buildings should only apply to that company, and then there should be a limit of 2 or 3 of each type on each island.

Warehouses should apply the same company only logic and should collect from the entire island.

You do start with 200 claim points as a company of one, I can tell you with 100% certainty (I have an alt in a company of one, and he's currently around 40/200),. I'm guessing that the 176 you're seeing is 176/200 - unless you're playing on a private server or PvE and the rules are different.

Edited by Kast