lawless bob

golden age sucks for small companies

Golden age sucks for small companies as it’s a breeding ground for mega trolls sinking unarmed boats and players trying to do powerstones without losing ur ship to the Megas and the devs keep letting it happen and it gets old u wanna know why the player base has dropped this is why we can’t do any of the PVE aspects of the game to lvl up when the megas lock down golden age and other PVE area’s of the map it’s not enough the devs made it harder for small groups to play by adding the gold cost to all boats but the sloop and the megas take all the islands that are worth having and some just so no one else can STOP Catering to the mega companies make golden age and other PVE based activities no kill zones so we can stop getting trolled when we can’t even defend ourselves against blue printed boats and armor i’ve tried to do powerstones so many time that i have gave up we can’t even go farm SOD there without the trolls showing up after i kill one just to sink me and take the blue prints so tell me how we’re supposed to be able to pvp with them they need to lower the number allowed in a company and lower the limit of allies so we can have a chance the only reason they need 250 players in each company is cause there trash without numbers 

Edited by lawless bob

i keep telling them the mmorg aspect is nonesensem and that they should remove the character leveling for players and animals and the dumb quests and coins for ships, bc this allows clans to have access to more stuff but they keep doing the opposite

On 5/17/2021 at 7:13 PM, lawless bob said:

Golden age sucks for small companies [...]

First of all it would be nice if you could tell which PvP server you play, because on NA there are 2-3 times more Players actually.

For EU Server I play i would say the situation is like this: First weekend after wipe nearly all expirienced large companys did Powerstones in GA for 80-90% of their members. Some finished Kraken and Yeti as well. I had no time first weekend so i did Powerstones second weekend with the rest of the company that needed them. Playing in a company with ~50 Players you may consider already as a Mega on EU. So besides new Members that join later we are through with Power Stones. I myself helped 2 little companys to find the caves and leach some stones while i killed the hydra. After finishing i had left over 19 Stones that I shared for free to some strangers(new players in Atlas). So far my company has no allies and every red is dead... but this does not include sinking unarmed sloops every time. Well of course you can face some trolls that just ram you for fun etc. but i would not blame them. It's the Devs fault that Shooners have gold costs... so even large Company Players use sloops. While you can be sure everybody has a spy glass and knows your compnay and most often your level in 5 seconds they just sink sloops because you can't be sure there is a "noob" on it.

So based on this you are maybe unlucky. Yes i faced a full geared Player in a Key Cave waiting for nakeds bringing him the keys but you know what? He killed nobody and he got no key and we just lought about him spending his time waiting there for hours with no success. Doing the essences i faced some players with submarine sinking all ships(one way sloops/rafts) above the spot. Well they are also wasting their time. Most issue is actually that Golden Age islands are used to level up so they are crowded by large companys while the water is full of BP hunters. WIth the current state of catapult barrels every mistake there is deadly. Also Players are hunting the Ghost ship there as well. The BPs are badly nerfed in regards of the crafting amount which means there is more BP hunters out there. Players with submarines are stealing your chests when you sink SoTD... or like you say they sink you in your sloop with their shooner/Brig/Galleon. BPs are currently the most valuable items in the game. Even gold is more difficult to earn the large companys need every shipyard, gun port, plank, sail and cannon they can get hands on. My advise: Go to the cold regions and hunt there SoTD with level ~40.

Yes, GA is dangerous but you can be successful as well. You have to find the time when there is low player amount on the server. This is what the Devs want in this game: More PvP conflict as Players go into dangerous "high" loot regions.

As long the Yeti and Kraken do not give any XP to level up the large companys will go to GA and the first 5-6 weeks can be hell for small and solo players. If you show no aggression you may get lucky and survive the contact with a large ship.

17 hours ago, chukiki said:

i keep telling them the mmorg aspect is nonesensem and that they should remove the character leveling for players and animals and the dumb quests and coins for ships, bc this allows clans to have access to more stuff but they keep doing the opposite

But you are wrong with this. The MMORPG part is very important to attract Players and keep them in the game to level up. But maybe 300 HP and stamina is to OP and should be reduced. But for Kraken V2 200 HP is maybe to low if you have bad luck with the thunder tentacles(balancing). Taming and Breeding is the main aspect in PVE and also lots of PvP Players do breeding only. Without tame leveling you would loose lots of the community as well. But tames should take more damage from shots, melee weapons, puckles and cannons(less armor effect). Ships costs are maybe not that worse but it should be removed or lowered much for Shooners. Shooner is the standard ship.(not a 3-6 knots sloop/ rammshakle to get started at freeport)

Companys with more Players do get more stuff because they just Play more than a solo. This is just right considering the effort. Learn to play MMO and find some Players to join and have fun with them together. Consider no leveling... mega companys would just PvP all the day while they are now busy doing PVE to get started themselves.

They consistently make the game harder for the little guy. Your best bet is to rob the large guy's weak spots and get some of their bounty. 

Edited by SGFTI

On 5/26/2021 at 2:27 AM, chukiki said:

the problem u described is true, but ur offer was simply stupid

what is this answer about Chukiki? To all and nothing?

Galleons Barrel Bombing ramshackle sloops seems to be a thing this season.