Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

My second "first impression" of Ramming Galley (Must read for DEVs)

Other Threads:

Majestic Kraken.

Mortar Ship.

TV9t2xE.jpg

I just wanna double all I've gathered about this Ramming Galley ship. I really wanna make sure DEVs reads this. But before I go - I just wanna say to every players, who read this message.

DO NOT BUY RAMMING GALLEY.

Until they fix all issues and add all required features. Right now it just very RAW and BROKEN. So...

TV9t2xE.jpg

But if you consider to buy it, I would say this ship has:

+++

+ Nose large cannons, pointing forward.

+ Oars and Rowing. Allow you to get +4 knots every 30 sec. (Except tradewinds).

+ Good handling full speed. You can avoid damned ships even in tradewind.

- - -

- 75 rhino horns. Wasting hours doing rhinocide.

- (fixed with new shipyard) Sailing to the shop with 80% loaded sloop (for solo players).

- Lack of customization (I couldn't find a spot for wardrums so they wouldn't block the way).

- Bad low speed handling.

- Difficult to maintain. Repairs with patches takes forever. Not repairable in battle. You should manually search for leaking parts.

- Extremely expensive in maintenance. You need to gather more thatches/wood/fiber than it required to build a Brig, every time you wanna go hunting.

- Sinking VERY FAST. Even with points in sturdiness and all in captaining.

- No ramming damage to Damned Ships.

- Raw design and broken features.

* * * (raw design)

* No snap points for ladder on the board side. Emergency stern ladder is your only option to come aboard.

* Some unpaintable parts. Disappearing custom paint.

* No leaking icons.

New HP icon shows random numbers.

Scales and visual model are not matching each other.

You can not put patch kit in resource box and use it from there.

Crew repairing damaged parts using resources in box while anchored. But you newer know how many you need.

Front zone has only 15K hp, while Brig's same zone has 4x6k planks 40k deck and 10x5k ceilings.

/ / / (broken features)

/ Crew dismount sails every time you cross the grid.

/ Junk sails are totally broken and doesn't work and looks well here.

TV9t2xE.jpg

Design and customisation.

It's now paintable, and it made very well, except couple of unpaintable parts in front castle, 3rd region.

h3e6trJ.jpg

But after I sailed for some time my both main and low decks and also some railings lost their paint. When I hit those parts with brush - it showed It painted.

pebgWl2.jpg

Junk sails cosmetic doesn't work well here. If you put large junk sail on the deck, it'll add invisible mast down to your hold:

xv7ntaz.jpg

Some cables have wrong spots attachment to the ship.

tII4oDi.jpg

Crew manning those junk sails in weird spots:

EAUi4LV.jpg

hUjgbjl.jpg

Also addition snap points to rope ladders would be gr8. No one likes this emergency stern ladder:

hOOKYMl.jpg

I also kept hitting my pier from pretty far from it. So physical model of this ship is wider than visual one.

TV9t2xE.jpg

Broken control issues.

(This one FIXED) Right now control is totally broken. Crew don't follow you on ship deck. In Ramming Galley they wanna reach steering wheel on stern.

When they manning sails station, they keep randomly dismount. After they do - you still able to control sails from steering wheel. But ship freezes in the state it was before glitch appeared. So no matter how you rise and low your sails, no matter how you rotate your sail, no mater what navigation menu shows - ship will think sails on the same position they were right before glitch. Meaning it continue to move with totally lowed sails. If you press "S" it stops, but when you dismount steering wheel, it start to move again.

The only thing you can do is to whistle you crew to follow you, then manually rise and low both sails. Then you regain control.

TV9t2xE.jpg

Battle issues.

While I was fighting damned ships, half of my cannons suddenly stopped aiming and shooting. They just pointed down to the waters and didn't react to my controls. Crew were manning cannons this time.

UPD: This happening when your cannon modules and front castle hit 0hp.

TV9t2xE.jpg

Damage and repairs.

In ships survey I wrote hell a lot about ship maintenance. And yet DEVs didn't do ANYTHING from here.

I received some damage. Small icon in down right showed my ship's health around 50%. Then my ramming galley started to sink. I picked patches and went for maintenance. I upped ALL damaged parts I found to above 50% of health. But my ship continued to sink. Health icon showed my ship HP is above 78%... and it just sunk at this moment.

GGWP.

I couldn't find out what caused it. Before it sunk, I was running fast and did repairs to ALL PARTS I found damaged. But sinking speed was increasing every second. Even tho I have all in captaining and 140% of sturdiness it sunk 10 times faster than my BRIG usually does.

TV9t2xE.jpg

So DEVs.

You told in last QnA that...

Our plans for updating the modular ship system are full speed ahead and this is on the horizon.

Before you go any further - you need to fix your broken bullsh...t first (sorry but I really upset right now, because I put so many efforts in this ship, 24K gold, 75 horns, all customization, and after that all I've got just suffering from broken controls, broken crews, raw ship design, and then I just lost my ship for unknow reason).

It's just NO POINT TO INTRODUCE NEW FEATURES TO BROKEN UNPLAYABLE SHIPS.

Before you go to all your modular updating, you need fix Ramming Galley. To do so you need at least:

- Fix ship dimensions so it match visual model.

- Fix paint so it wont randomly disappear.

- Fix crew not following you (fixed), and randomly dismount their stations.

- Fix crew position on junk sails, and junk sails cables graphic.

- Fix invisible mast inside ship hold.

- Fix sails control issues I wrote above.

- Fix cannon crew not aiming and shooting (solved).

There also need some improvement do be done:

- Add snap points for rope ladders on board-sides.

- Add "mount closest crew here" button to all stations on the ship (you should have done this one long ago).

- Add "leaking" icons to damaged parts like there are now in old fashion ships.

- Allow us to put patch-kit in to resource box, and use it from there.

(UPD) You should greatly reduce cost of patches. Because now every time you wanna go to do some seas battles it requires same amount of wood/thatches/fiber as if you would build new BRIG. I repeat. EVERY TIME. Same as for BRIG. I'm not saying I can't afford this, but this ship is just not that good to bother THAT much.

TV9t2xE.jpg

Only after all those fixes this ship will be something like playable (still need to be tested especially through leveling and high end content). Until then - it just BROKEN and I urge everyone to give up new ships until they fixed.

p.s. - I so upset so I would demand my 22000 gold and 75 rhino horns back. But... I doubt we have this kind of player support in this game... unfortunately.

p.p.s. - Really. just imagine my fight with damned ships. I do circles, speed up and slow down with totally lowed sails, can not stop my ship, half of my cannons aiming to the waters and don't shoot...

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 2

sucks man 😞  they only made 2 new ships 2 the game since launch and both are a total fiasko

• Like 1

sounds like my story about the majestic kraken. It did not survive PVE... how does it fit into PvP? Just started with some old friends in PvP getting lots of informations about their tests, bugs, exploits (Dev wipes/ban on PvP NA) and all this stuff.... but nobody mentioned this two ships.... they literaly do not exist on PvP server.

no robe ladders on the sides... it's just a joke... like i lought about the majestic krakens stern ladder placement^^

No icon showing which planks are leacking. -> see my majestic kraken post searching for the damaged planks while rapid sinking.

If you look at the wrack there should be one plank with 0 HP and a big hole inside.

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1

I also made a majestic kraken last season and after fighting some ghostships it suddenly sunk. no leaking showing and shiphealth was 90%+

• Like 1

No icon showing which planks are leacking. -> see my majestic kraken post searching for the damaged planks while rapid sinking.

I also made a majestic kraken last season and after fighting some ghostships it suddenly sunk. no leaking showing and shiphealth was 90%+

This is just insane. I dunno, maybe DEVs think it's really cool, to play hide and seek with damaged planks. Will we be lucky to find which one caused our ship sinking? Also sinking speed is insane - with my BRIG (and certain skills like all in captaining and 140 sturdiness) I sometimes feels like: "Oh, I have 2 leaks, I better take down this damned ship first, and after that - I'll go for maintenance".

Here it felt like the more I repair - the faster it fills with waters.

(To be honest it actually felt something working (designed/coded) terribly wrong and it shouldn't work like this).

Edited by George Catcher

BTW. I forgot to mention one more thing here. Ramming Galley doesn't do ramming damage to Damned Ships again. 🤣

Oh and about Tradewinds... as far as it doesn't damage SotDs, devs took all fun of it lol. It runs 27knots and rowing does NOT add anything to the speed at all. And... it turns very fast at this speed. It's like old fashion ships has turning efficiency decreased after they gather some fast speed. But Ramming Galley is simple. The faster you go - the faster you turn.

Edited by George Catcher

Also would like to say few words about maintenance.

With my Brig, before goin to serious SotD hunt in Goldens I put in my resource box:

- 5000 wood.

- 5000 thatches.

- 5000 fiber.

- 500 metal.

- 200 hide

And some keratine, stone, flint, etc (around 50). Also I keep 7 planks, 7 gunports, 1 speedsail. But in most cases I don't consume them.

Now with Ramming Galley. To survive 4 battles against damned fleet I need to have around 200 patches (count 50 for single fight against golden's fleet). It's:

- 20 000 fibers.

- 24 000 thatches.

- 40 000 wood.

Also some extra for sails and boxes.

It means, every time I'm going for my damned ship hunting I need to gather MORE wood/thathces/fibers than I need for WHOLE BRIG BUILDING. You Grapes really MENT that? You really want it to be 8 times more expensive in maintenance than Brig?

P.s. - Devs couldn't balance their own game mechanics BTW. It's safe to face mermaid in Ramming Galley. Pahtfinder just can not overjump stern wall.

Edited by George Catcher

i only take about 8 planks and 1k of each resourse and 800 cannonballs and i stay til ammo is gonre,ur taking too much resourses. take more planks instead so u can pop them for resoudes, weight less

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hartsia said:

i only take about 8 planks and 1k of each resourse and 800 cannonballs and i stay til ammo is gonre,ur taking too much resourses. take more planks instead so u can pop them for resoudes, weight less

Yeah it make sense. I'll try that.

On 5/29/2021 at 6:19 PM, George Catcher said:

But Ramming Galley is simple. The faster you go - the faster you turn.

OMFG

• Like 1

One more thing I wanna mention. I couldn't find right spot for wardrums to place. The only option was just rear castle and drums there blocking most of the way to ladder which can be super critical during the battle.

1 other thing. large cannon railing dont work. and u cant make boulders in the catapult railing

• Like 1

sunk 2 this lolships by pulling rope of my grappling hook with Ghostship loot-box on tail.

Ships health be 75% and 86%. and the more you pull, the more health decreases to full sink in moment when crack lootbox. 

hours spent about 120. best gaming ever

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 7:25 AM, Barnabe Shot said:

sunk 2 this lolships by pulling rope of my grappling hook with Ghostship loot-box on tail.

Ships health be 75% and 86%. and the more you pull, the more health decreases to full sink in moment when crack lootbox. 

hours spent about 120. best gaming ever

Nah, the game has been broken for a long time. It is number 67 on the bottom 100 steam games. Mind you that steam has over 22,000 games and it is on the bottom 100 lmao.

it is pathetic to say the least and the player count is dismal.

the devs are the worst in the industry and they are not only corrupt, liars, and inept, but they have no programming skill whatsoever, hence the modular ships. Completely pathetic 

bottom 100 is called the “wall of shame” btw.

Edited by George of the jungle