Jump to content

SlickNick76

Gold Needed to build ships

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

good dat,  why is gold being needed to build ships? i thought this was a survival game where you can build your own ship just using resources.  that need for gold in building of kills the survival aspect of the game since a ship is needed for the true experience of atlas.  I wasted my money buying this game. 😞  

Well, off to Conan Exiles 🙂

 

Edited by SlickNick76
made a mistake
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this myself, but getting gold is super easy. 3 of us have earnt around 40k in just 1 week using the markets etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got 5K for schooner and 10k more in just 3 days, doing lvl-5 - lvl-13 treasures with wild-lvl-28 bear I tamed.

And I think I'm the only one who likes the idea of putting efforts to your ships (meaning I like the idea of gold cost for ships).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, SlickNick76 said:

good dat,  why is gold being needed to build ships? i thought this was a survival game where you can build your own ship just using resources.  that need for gold in building of kills the survival aspect of the game since a ship is needed for the true experience of atlas.  I wasted my money buying this game. 😞  

Well, off to Conan Exiles 🙂

 

I wouldn’t listen to anyone else if I were you. Doesn’t matter how easy it is to get gold. It should either cost gold or resources. Not both. Very idiotic idea the devs had but then again they have have plenty of idiotic ideas.

Edited by George of the jungle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

I wouldn’t listen to anyone else if I were you. Doesn’t matter how easy it is to get gold. It should either cost gold or resources. Not both. Very idiotic idea the devs had but then again they have have plenty of idiotic ideas.

well put you aree talking about a game company that reused assets from Dark & Light and Ark to "Make" a new game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game was an Ark user mod I believe, hence the assets I believe. Anyway on topic, I HATE the gold requirement. As a solo pve player I gave up late season. I got built around so had to move, but couldnt find anywhere that had room for a warehouse, some islands can only have one market.

I made a warehouse and sailed in a tiny sloop that is too small to do anything with, for just over a month. Only places I could find were claimed islands and none of the owners allowed me to settle.

This season I built a 4x4 shelter and built a warehouse first staying up to 2am to get that setup first. This time Ive just today built a Brig. Once you have a warehouse and market setup its super easy....if you can get in early the is. Anyway yes the gold requirement is absolutely stupid and game breaking for some.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Starsky said:

The game was an Ark user mod I believe, hence the assets I believe. Anyway on topic, I HATE the gold requirement. As a solo pve player I gave up late season. I got built around so had to move, but couldnt find anywhere that had room for a warehouse, some islands can only have one market.

I made a warehouse and sailed in a tiny sloop that is too small to do anything with, for just over a month. Only places I could find were claimed islands and none of the owners allowed me to settle.

This season I built a 4x4 shelter and built a warehouse first staying up to 2am to get that setup first. This time Ive just today built a Brig. Once you have a warehouse and market setup its super easy....if you can get in early the is. Anyway yes the gold requirement is absolutely stupid and game breaking for some.

Getting the early start is probably the hardest thing. I'm solo & got started about 1.5 days after wipe. I got a base up & got surrounded by fences soon after. As far as getting a warehouse/market...fat chance hot pants. Looks like I'm stuck doing low level maps for gold for as long as I play. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totaly agree to reduce the costs for shooners to max. 2000 gold that you can get there with some treasure maps and sunken treasure pretty easy. The gold cost does slow down large PvP companys a lot and force them to play much more shooner. Most have only 1 or 2 Galleons now to do Kraken etc. but there are not much ships out there that can bully small player groups. Some Players just ramm sloops vs sloops as they do not have cannons. On PVE the same old issue remains that most Players play solo and don't group up so the space is very rare. Due to less Player owned islands in new map design there should be more space for players to place warehouse and market.

I just wonder if the Devs will react to multiple placed mines, quarys, lumberyards, farms warehouse and markets. It looks like there are possibilities that you can place more than one on a single island/single spot even there is a restiction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...