Sign in to follow this  
Thayxen

Prioritize Bugs

I'm returning as a hopeful yet disgruntled player after the barrel bombs from cannons - I was happy once this was reverted, but further aggravated by the gold for ships. I've grown to accept this system to an extent - but certainly think it needs tweaking. (Schooners in particular should be more around the 1500 range).

But what I'm posting for today, is the plethora of bugs.  I'd like to keep pushing these off to the bug report form, but it's simply out of control.  This makes me think there's a systemic issue with the QA / unit testing that goes into these patches.

1.  Sextant HUD Compass disappears on zoning, while there is still plenty of time remaining on the Sextant buff. The other info from the enhanced HUD is there, just not the compass.
  2. Crew members are asking for 23 ish gold every two to three real-time hours (at the 'at-sea' rate), this is with the second level of the skill that slows the crew's request frequency.
  3. Sunken Treasure chests which appear on the map after acquiring the Sextant buff, are only valid 50% of the time.  I do not believe this is due to other players reaching the sunken treasure first.  One assumes that these refresh upon acquiring the buff, or upon zoning with the buff active.
  4. Rope ladders 'demolish' on cliff platforms, when manipulating structural elements elsewhere on the platform (elements that the rope ladders do not rely on). This occurs if demolishing, or if picking up before a placement timer expires.
  5. Sloop turn radius seems broken. Perhaps other ships as well, haven't tested yet.  It seems that I now need to almost come to a complete stop and pivot the ship, if I want to turn even more than 3 degrees on a trajectory.
  6. Gather rate on sugar cane is abysmal.  There is virtually no difference in the rate whether using hand, scythe, or having max points into hand gathering skill.
  7. Owning a sea tower / control point in peace phase, makes a company's ships in grid invincible. (Forgot this one earlier as I haven't experienced it. Others in company and grid are aware of the bug)

Y'all are in an 'ok' place as far as the newer mechanics.  I know some of the community is hopeful here.  Please now prioritize fixing issues, before breaking new ones.  Thanks.

Edited by Thayxen
spelling
  • Thanks 1

1. Did not test the sextant yet after wipe but will have a look on this too.

2. yes quite weird costs for crew when using the ship as intended. But this is because of the reduced costs of inactive crew on land that got much cheaper from Season 3 to 4. The reduest cost skill for captain is maybe not working as intended by the first Devs after changes from new Devs.

3. Known Issue. The map icons are only correct in the grid where you activate the sextant. After changing grids it's incorrect.

4. nothing to add to this.

5. My sloop drives as intended, very slow 3-5 knots and also no good handling for such a small ship.(Using medium handling sail) But there are some sloops out there right now that have permanent trade wind bonus driving 30 knots with 30% sails open agaisnt the wind and red sail. You have to stop and choose directin because you can't stear them at full speed. Maybe you have this bug or using speed sails to face this issue. Most likely you don't remember playing sloop as this ship was not used before gold costs arrive.

6. I have full gathering hand harvest skill. But i never cross checked if it increases the amount i really gather... but it fells like it does.

7. Is it possible to set Peacetimer on Sea Forts? Don't know this mechanic yet on PvP.

• Like 1

@Nacona - Thanks, that's good to know the icon issue is known.  I believe #7 has been hotfixed since I wrote this up.

For sloop handling, it has been a while.  Typically what I remember is your turn radius handling improves up to a point, while going from stationary to in motion (or more accurately, it scales with your sails being unfurled).  12 - 15 knots is what I was seeing with strong winds, and I get up into the 20's with tradewinds. This is using a medium speed sail.  After being back in a schooner yesterday, I can say that handling on the schooner seems normal.

I tested Sextant yesterday while whale hunting and i confirm the compas disapear from the HUD afte grid change... God knows why this working feature is now corrupted... at least you still have the mini map, speed, position and direction angle 0-359°. Maybe Devs can fix this again. Also it would be nice if sunken treasure positions would be correct after grid change as well? Maybe you could programm: After grid change if Player has left time on Sextant buff the sextant buff will be added as "new" to the Player but with same time left. Sounds pretty easy to code.