Karageek

workaround Lag problems with TradeWinds in game(WORKAROUND)

I have been struggling with intense lag issues with the Trade Wind update. Ironically the problem has manifested both in the Grid editor AND in game.

1) Grid editor gets progressively laggy to the point of unusable as you add trade wind paths. This is probably some kind of coding problem I have no idea how to fix. You start to notice the lag after adding about 3 trade wind paths.

2) In game some trade wind paths have Visible Arrows and wind symbols in the sky ABOVE the trade wind path itself.  These arrows cause MASSIVE lag 

4XQo4q3.png   I know they are hard to see in this image but if u look close u can see them.  I have tried multiple settings changes and changed graphics settings from lowest to epic no difference.  My fps drops from 60-80 to less than 10.  It is only while "looking" at them so I know they are the problem but I cannot find any commonality on why they appear on some trade wind paths and not others.

Also, it is anyone who sees them not just myself.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm open.

UPDATE: This is caused by the spyglass, to get rid of the lag u have to 1) remove spyglass from your hotbar AND relog or change grids.  If you don't LOOK at the floating markers the lag is less so u could remove spyglass and either bed port out and in or sail.

Edited by Karageek

UPDATE: workaround is to never equip the Spyglass, if u remove spyglass from hotbar AND relog the "trade wind arrows" disappear and lag goes away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1