Hey,why the map for singleplayer didnt change with the update? i need to do something to make it work or what?

On 5/1/2021 at 2:42 PM, lordcrowler said:

Hey,why the map for singleplayer didnt change with the update? i need to do something to make it work or what?

because they only care about pvp =/

On 5/1/2021 at 1:42 PM, lordcrowler said:

1. Download the Server Grid Editor (SGE) from here:

2. unzip then run the SGE (preferred as administrator)

3. "Load Project" and choose the standard servergrid.json (with the date 2021.04.26. - thats the new map. you can select the old ones too, or make a completly new one)

4. You can now see the world map and the 11x11 grid. Choose the export menu and click on "all". This will export everyting, big servermap, the servergrid.json file and the small grid maps.

5. The process will use almost 99-100% of your cpu, so make sure you dont wanna do anything else in the next 20-30ish minutes.

6. Now, you will have 121+ file in the destination directory, with .png extension, thats are the maps/grids (usually in the export folder) (for example: CellImg_X-Y.png (grid maps) and MapImg.png (world map))

7. Make sure, you do backup of your \steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\ first!!!!!

8. Then copy the exported servergid folder into the Atlas\shootergame\Saved folder.

9. Copy the servergrid.json too, from the SGE directory to the Atlas\shooter\saved too (replace the old one there, but again make a backup first)

Thats all.

At this moment the taming in non-dedicated host and singleplayer is broken, with several another feature, so prepare for that.

sidenote: in the SGE you can customize the word map, if you check the tradewinds, or grid lines or discovery zones, anything. Every extra visual you turn on in SGE, is what you will get in the servermap after the export.

(sorry for my english, its not my native language, but i hope you can understand at least a little bit)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That worked for me but i had to put the files in Atlas\shootergame not the saved folder. Thanks for the walk through now i can try the new map.

• Like 1

The new map is working,the only problem i have,in fact are 2 problems:

1. At character creation i dont have any island to choose for spawn location.

2.Will spawn in H3 in bottom-left island,so no freeport...

I'l keep looking for a solution and i'l be back here when i find it 🙂

EDIT: Well everything is set fine but still spawn me in H3..i have no ideas left.

Edited by lordcrowler

2 hours ago, lordcrowler said:

EDIT: Well everything is set fine but still spawn me in H3..i have no ideas left.

In the Savedatlaslocal directory there is a small file (LastGridCoord) where you can set up the spawn region and the home region for your singleplayer character. Basicly it contains only two data, an X and an Y coordinate number. You need to modify these numbers (and only the numbers).

Its important, the map has 11x11 grid, and the numbers start from the upper left corner,  but the origo - the A1 grid - is 0,0 , not 1,1.

So, if you wanna spawn in B8 (that is a freeport in the new map), the you need to change the coords to 1,7.

If in G8, then the coords are 6,7.

If in J9 grids, then change to 9,7 etc.

So, change the coords in the file, then start your game and thats all, you will spawn wherever you wanted. Or, if you change only the home region with this method, then spawn in the old grid, die and respawn in the home region. Both works.

As always, make backup first, just in case!

Edited by PiszkosFred
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tokagowa said:

That worked for me but i had to put the files in Atlas\shootergame not the saved folder. Thanks for the walk through now i can try the new map.

Youre welcome. I wrote my comments from work, so i could not check, so thanks the correction 🙂

Can i ask you to check the taming, it is woking for you? In single player or non-dedicated server i usually play with my family, but the taming is broken for us. Before the wipe, in the old map we could tame in any grid (even in freeport), but since the wipe we cant, taming isnt working for us.

We tried the passive taming so far, we can give berries, fronds to the animals (small and harmless animals, pigs, cows, etc), but there is no taming pogress bar, no efficienty, nothing. We didnt try the bola method yet, only the passive one.

We dont know, this is a local problem and affect only our game, or it is a general problem and need to be fixed. Can you help us a little bit and check the taming in your SP or non-dedicated session? Thanks!

On 5/5/2021 at 7:34 AM, PiszkosFred said:

Can i ask you to check the taming, it is woking for you? In single player or non-dedicated server i usually play with my family, but the taming is broken for us. Before the wipe, in the old map we could tame in any grid (even in freeport), but since the wipe we cant, taming isnt working for us.

We tried the passive taming so far, we can give berries, fronds to the animals (small and harmless animals, pigs, cows, etc), but there is no taming pogress bar, no efficienty, nothing. We didnt try the bola method yet, only the passive one.

We dont know, this is a local problem and affect only our game, or it is a general problem and need to be fixed. Can you help us a little bit and check the taming in your SP or non-dedicated session? Thanks!

Through a combination of following your instructions, and watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKj-a7mAebk was I able to build a singleplayer world with a working map, treasure maps, and taming up to and including bears.

Things I did different:

1. I used the latest SGE (dated 5-27-2021) and not the 4-26-2021 version.

2. 0:48 in the video.  I chose the ServerGrid map and not the 11x11 map.  This is a matter of preference of course but I wanted to play the current official map.  The 11x11 is the Season 4/5 map.

3. 1:08 in the video.  I unchecked "Show Discovery Zones" and and checked "Trade Wind Overlay" because I was using the tradewinds map.  I left "Water Tile Background" as is and checked.

4. I also increased the "Atlas Image Size" to 8192 and "Image Quality %" to 100 because I wanted my Atlas map to look nicer. This is just preference.  Just know that increasing the map quality significantly increases the export time. I have an old computer (4th gen i5, 16g ram) so leaving maps to default takes me 1.5 hours to complete the export.  When I did 4k cell maps, and an 8k Atlas map, it took 12+ hours.  In hindsight, the cell maps look just fine at 2048, but having a 100% quality 8k Atlas map certainly looks nicer when fully zoomed in.

5. 1:25 in the video.  I did not bother to save a custom project name.  It saves time later in the video because you do not have to rename the files after export (3:30 in the video).  Just remember to not save your changes on top of the default projects unless you really mean to.

6. 2:10 in the video.  If you chose the official ServerGrid.json map like I did, there will be some information that I felt was not necessary or should be changed when I edited the project.  In the Edit Project window, I renamed "Friendly Name" to a different name and removed the URL from "Map Image URL".  Side note: "Map Images Type" should be JPEG as I believe the map system does not use PNG to work.

7. I had errors when I tried exporting all at 4k sector maps, and an 8k Atlas map.  This could be because I have an old computer.  So what I did was I only exported the world json files which only takes a couple seconds to complete.  To do this, from the main window in the SGE, check "Disable Image Exporting" then export all.  This will build a working world with working taming, but a broken map and treasure map system.

8. I then went back to the SGE and exported "Only Map Image" and then "Only Cell Images" with the process failing a couple of times.  Eventually I was able to build all 243 maps to my liking and placed them into the \ShooterGame\Servergrid folder.  This will add the map back into the game and make treasure maps not be blank anymore.

9. I then followed your instructions on altering my starting point in the LastGridCoord file and made my home a Freeport.

I have not done in depth testing of my world to see if there are any other bugs, but as I said in the beginning I was able to test successfully, that the Atlas map does work, treasure maps do have their map shown (not blank), and I was able to tame a cow, a pig, and a bear (all outside of the Freeport grids).

Hope this helps.

Edited by Ping