Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

My Claimed Lawless Feedback (6.0 thread).

24 - Camping border Damned Ships in picture.

I'm not English speaker, so maybe DEVs don't fully understand what I'm trying to say. So I decided to show why camping border damned ship is bad. By picture.

M9SmTSw.jpg

Posted (edited)

25 - Underwater treasure? Really?

I met this one 3 times this season (and not a single time in last 2 years). Treasure spawn in the water. It shouldn't be there.

- You have to dive to make guardians spawn. But they can not dive, so what happen next, they just randomly do sudden appearing in the water surface.

- They can't fight swimming. So what happen next - they just randomly swimming to all directions and occasionally I receive damage for no reason.

- After some time, they go to nearest shore to burry themselves. If they can climb there - they burry themselves. If not, well... they can disappear and never appear again, so I won't be able to dig treasure.

So... I dunno who told you that underwater treasure spot is a good idea. Let me tell you this.

It's not.

rPfrhGw.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

26 - Can't dig a treasure after I die fighting damned army.

It sad that I have to point same bugs again and again. Even after a year or so. So... yeah. Let me tell about it again.

- I go for treasure.

- I fight damned army and die.

- I respawn fight them again and kills them.

- But game count only damned warriors I killed before dying. All guys I KILLED after I died, will count as "guardians remain to kill before digging". I repeat this. All guys I killed will count as guys I need to kill (with no one to kill because they dead).

ihoBFts.jpg

27 - Any1 can remove bad visibility during the coldwave.

You know, when COLDWAVE hit the area, all clouds lowering themselves down to the surface and that's reducing visibility, makin us harder to navigate, and fight damned ships or other PVP players.

But it's not big deal. Anyone can just adjust "Sky quality" in options menu to "Low" state and enjoy their unlimited visibility (also shiny or starry sky).

Oh... and... well, IMAO FOG should look like coldwave with sky quality on max.

W1rMe1S.jpg

28 - Why can I place shipyard to the spot where I CAN NOT create a ship???

I'm gonna be a bit rude, but I just can't help it. Sorry. I just thought I saw all the way this game can f*ck players, but more I play, more and more I discover, hahahaha.

So. I finally got really good mythic large shipyard BP. And for the last WEEK I was sailing around the world to gather resources for crafting this shipyard. And today I was happy to finally craft one (and I've got only one in BP)! I put it to the spot I choose, put there all resources I need for my battle Brig a-a-a-a-a-and. I couldn't craft the ship.

I then noticed this message I never saw before:

zgN21CV.jpg

cxgZyiI.jpg

So... after week of lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong sailing, all I've left to do is demolish my mythic shipyard. 

Thx DEVs. I spent a week to gather:

- 2K of Generic Wood

- 1K of Generic Thatches

- 500 Generic Fibers

- 250 Generic Metal.

O5XEQ3I.jpg

That was really ADVENTURE OF MY LIFETIME! Or let's just say the most useless waste of my lifetime.

But seriously. Why the game allows me to put shipyard in to the spot where I won't be able to craft any ships hah? Allow me then to place shipyard on the ground, I dunno, to the cliffs maybe? Why not???

On 6/4/2021 at 1:28 PM, George Catcher said:

So... after week of lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong sailing, all I've left to do is demolish my mythic shipyard. 

Thx DEVs. I spent a week to gather:

- 2K of Generic Wood

- 1K of Generic Thatches

- 500 Generic Fibers

- 250 Generic Metal.

I am sorry to here this one... it happened to me with a small common yard i placed... but the mystic one is very sad. But you learn for future to check it in the 30 seconds you can pick it up again.

Just a question? Why do you need the generic resource? You can't craft the shipyard with this... and you only need to go to freeport to harvest it or you demolish some common shipyards to get it back in return.

• Like 1

Why do you need the generic resource?

I don't. It's just all I've got after demolishing my mythic shipyard lol : )) In the end it's all I've got after week of active gameplay. Atlas is true to itself. So many efforts, so little reward : ))

But you learn for future to check it in the 30 seconds you can pick it up again.

Yeah. You learn all changes hard way : )) I wish I knew all this stuff. But anyway. I actually never level any of my ship to lvl-cap, so... I look at the bright side, with common shipyard I saved around 16k gold for brig building (common one is 18k and 200% one is 34k).

9 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

I don't. It's just all I've got after demolishing my mythic shipyard lol : )) In the end it's all I've got after week of active gameplay. Atlas is true to itself. So many efforts, so little reward : ))

Yeah. You learn all changes hard way : )) I wish I knew all this stuff. But anyway. I actually never level any of my ship to lvl-cap, so... I look at the bright side, with common shipyard I saved around 16k gold for brig building (common one is 18k and 200% one is 34k).

Ah lol i missunderstand this.

You can see it from the good side: Compared to earlier Season you can level the Ship to 50 from common shipyard which was a mystical shipyard back in the days(cap was 42 common). So now you got Lvl 50 for free xD

• Like 1

Because I was unable to place quarry farming facility, I forced to gather thousands and thousands of flint for all my battle purposes myself. In the past times it was no big deal, I could gather many with my pick. All worked simple way: Wanna more stones - use axe. Wanna more flint - use pick. And you for some reason broke it, so:

29 - Axe and Pick gather same amount of flint and stones.

Yeah. I repeat that. Because right now it's torture to waste hours for flint gathering.

ODgDeVC.jpg

qj1fwvz.jpg

So bring things back to where they were before your so called "fixes".

Edited by George Catcher

30 - Couple questions.

Alright, I just wanna ask 2 questions. It would be gr8 if you mention them in your QnA.

- How do aggro work in your game???

Her is my story. I was running through Goldens on my horse and suddenly saw 2 guys fighting cyclops on their yetis. I though if I just run by - nothing will happen, but as soon as I was close cyclops left both yeti-guys and attacked me. No matter how I tried to lure this cyclops back to yeti-guys, no matter how hard yeti-guys hit him, cyclops continue to chase me until he killed me and then my horse (and all I did is just fleeing).

After that yeti-guys couldn't aggro him back at all! He just run straight, until he stuck near rock, trying to pass through. So they just killed him from behind with no resistance.

- How do your game work when no online players around?

Today I lost my Star Butterfly Brig, due to internet DC (I'm not complaining, sometimes sh..t happens) I was in the middle of the ocean, and as far as I saw - there were no damned ships around. Then I hit internet loss for approx 30 minutes, and after I logged in again I found myself in to waters and saw my destroyed ship sinking right in front of me. Also there were no damned ships around. 

So what actually happened while I was gone??? Something appeared and destroyed my ship? And after that my destroyed ship stayed on surface, waiting for me to log it so I could see it goes underwater??? Is that how it works???

I mean, I could understand if something happened with my ship while I was gone, and then I found myself in the water near shipwrecks. But when my ship is waiting for me to sink - it's pretty weird IMAO.

Edited by George Catcher

12 hours ago, George Catcher said:

- How do your game work when no online players around?

Today I lost my Star Butterfly Brig, due to internet DC (I'm not complaining, sometimes sh..t happens) I was in the middle of the ocean, and as far as I saw - there were no damned ships around. Then I hit internet loss for approx 30 minutes, and after I logged in again I found myself in to waters and saw my destroyed ship sinking right in front of me. Also there were no damned ships around. 

So what actually happened while I was gone??? Something appeared and destroyed my ship? And after that my destroyed ship stayed on surface, waiting for me to log it so I could see it goes underwater??? Is that how it works???

I mean, I could understand if something happened with my ship while I was gone, and then I found myself in the water near shipwrecks. But when my ship is waiting for me to sink - it's pretty weird IMAO.

In generall, server goes into stasis when its not rendered. Meaning it saves it current state and continue from there when someone is around again. Doing calculations from when it went to sleep up until current date. Everything happened while offline, will occur now when its rendered again. Tames that died in stasis will get reported to died current date too.

So now you logged in again and rendered the server (part), the server will caculate the water coming into your ship from a leak, and if it would have sunk like 20 min ago, it will let it sink in the moment you render it. Thats also how the server let you jump to a decayed bed, but when you arrive your whole base is there, bc it decayed only when you rendered it.

In your case there are some possibilities as to why your ship sunk.
All will most likely happen while someone passed your ship and rendered the server for some time. Also when you DC, your char is still online for 3 minutes, and the server is active therefore. So maybe your char was triggering following events.
- Storm ->cyclones ->leak
- Sotd ->leak
- normal decay ->leak

- sailing over a whale -> leak

This whole mechanic can be a pain for breeders, bc
- meat get spoild first, babies are only allowed to eat afterwards.
- tames / babies dont heal in stasis
- stuff that dies in stasis dont get propperly reported (no course given)

PS: Use tames for farming. A Rhino gets your flint way more easy, but i have to agree that the changes to hand farming  are a pain.
Eles and giraffes are actually usefull.
Plus points for pink tools tho 😂

Edited by Kummba
  • Like 1

- Storm ->cyclones ->leak

Yeah. That make sense, that's what probably happened because I was right after long sotd fight. I was in the middle of my ship maintenance, when dc occur. So it probably some storms hit my vessel and damaged planks leaked. 

31 - Grog dry out the barrel.

Some weird stuff I noticed.

- I put waterskin and sugar in my barrel.

- I press "create grog"

- I put another waterskin and sugar.

- I press "create grog" again, so second one goes to creation queue. 

- After both grogs were created I didn't put them out. Then in just couple minutes my barrel went from like 3560/4000 to 0/4000.

- But even with 0/4000 water I still can put another waterskin and sugars and create more grog. But drinking doesn't refill my thirst level.

ms4iCnP.jpg