Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

My Claimed Lawless Feedback (6.0 thread).

24 - Camping border Damned Ships in picture.

I'm not English speaker, so maybe DEVs don't fully understand what I'm trying to say. So I decided to show why camping border damned ship is bad. By picture.

M9SmTSw.jpg

25 - Underwater treasure? Really?

I met this one 3 times this season (and not a single time in last 2 years). Treasure spawn in the water. It shouldn't be there.

- You have to dive to make guardians spawn. But they can not dive, so what happen next, they just randomly do sudden appearing in the water surface.

- They can't fight swimming. So what happen next - they just randomly swimming to all directions and occasionally I receive damage for no reason.

- After some time, they go to nearest shore to burry themselves. If they can climb there - they burry themselves. If not, well... they can disappear and never appear again, so I won't be able to dig treasure.

So... I dunno who told you that underwater treasure spot is a good idea. Let me tell you this.

It's not.

rPfrhGw.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

26 - Can't dig a treasure after I die fighting damned army.

It sad that I have to point same bugs again and again. Even after a year or so. So... yeah. Let me tell about it again.

- I go for treasure.

- I fight damned army and die.

- I respawn fight them again and kills them.

- But game count only damned warriors I killed before dying. All guys I KILLED after I died, will count as "guardians remain to kill before digging". I repeat this. All guys I killed will count as guys I need to kill (with no one to kill because they dead).

ihoBFts.jpg

27 - Any1 can remove bad visibility during the coldwave.

You know, when COLDWAVE hit the area, all clouds lowering themselves down to the surface and that's reducing visibility, makin us harder to navigate, and fight damned ships or other PVP players.

But it's not big deal. Anyone can just adjust "Sky quality" in options menu to "Low" state and enjoy their unlimited visibility (also shiny or starry sky).

Oh... and... well, IMAO FOG should look like coldwave with sky quality on max.

W1rMe1S.jpg

28 - Why can I place shipyard to the spot where I CAN NOT create a ship???

I'm gonna be a bit rude, but I just can't help it. Sorry. I just thought I saw all the way this game can f*ck players, but more I play, more and more I discover, hahahaha.

So. I finally got really good mythic large shipyard BP. And for the last WEEK I was sailing around the world to gather resources for crafting this shipyard. And today I was happy to finally craft one (and I've got only one in BP)! I put it to the spot I choose, put there all resources I need for my battle Brig a-a-a-a-a-and. I couldn't craft the ship.

I then noticed this message I never saw before:

zgN21CV.jpg

cxgZyiI.jpg

So... after week of lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong sailing, all I've left to do is demolish my mythic shipyard. 

Thx DEVs. I spent a week to gather:

- 2K of Generic Wood

- 1K of Generic Thatches

- 500 Generic Fibers

- 250 Generic Metal.

O5XEQ3I.jpg

That was really ADVENTURE OF MY LIFETIME! Or let's just say the most useless waste of my lifetime.

But seriously. Why the game allows me to put shipyard in to the spot where I won't be able to craft any ships hah? Allow me then to place shipyard on the ground, I dunno, to the cliffs maybe? Why not???

On 6/4/2021 at 1:28 PM, George Catcher said:

So... after week of lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong sailing, all I've left to do is demolish my mythic shipyard. 

Thx DEVs. I spent a week to gather:

- 2K of Generic Wood

- 1K of Generic Thatches

- 500 Generic Fibers

- 250 Generic Metal.

I am sorry to here this one... it happened to me with a small common yard i placed... but the mystic one is very sad. But you learn for future to check it in the 30 seconds you can pick it up again.

Just a question? Why do you need the generic resource? You can't craft the shipyard with this... and you only need to go to freeport to harvest it or you demolish some common shipyards to get it back in return.

• Like 1

Why do you need the generic resource?

I don't. It's just all I've got after demolishing my mythic shipyard lol : )) In the end it's all I've got after week of active gameplay. Atlas is true to itself. So many efforts, so little reward : ))

But you learn for future to check it in the 30 seconds you can pick it up again.

Yeah. You learn all changes hard way : )) I wish I knew all this stuff. But anyway. I actually never level any of my ship to lvl-cap, so... I look at the bright side, with common shipyard I saved around 16k gold for brig building (common one is 18k and 200% one is 34k).

9 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

I don't. It's just all I've got after demolishing my mythic shipyard lol : )) In the end it's all I've got after week of active gameplay. Atlas is true to itself. So many efforts, so little reward : ))

Yeah. You learn all changes hard way : )) I wish I knew all this stuff. But anyway. I actually never level any of my ship to lvl-cap, so... I look at the bright side, with common shipyard I saved around 16k gold for brig building (common one is 18k and 200% one is 34k).

Ah lol i missunderstand this.

You can see it from the good side: Compared to earlier Season you can level the Ship to 50 from common shipyard which was a mystical shipyard back in the days(cap was 42 common). So now you got Lvl 50 for free xD

• Like 1

Because I was unable to place quarry farming facility, I forced to gather thousands and thousands of flint for all my battle purposes myself. In the past times it was no big deal, I could gather many with my pick. All worked simple way: Wanna more stones - use axe. Wanna more flint - use pick. And you for some reason broke it, so:

29 - Axe and Pick gather same amount of flint and stones.

Yeah. I repeat that. Because right now it's torture to waste hours for flint gathering.

ODgDeVC.jpg

qj1fwvz.jpg

So bring things back to where they were before your so called "fixes".

Edited by George Catcher

30 - Couple questions.

Alright, I just wanna ask 2 questions. It would be gr8 if you mention them in your QnA.

- How do aggro work in your game???

Her is my story. I was running through Goldens on my horse and suddenly saw 2 guys fighting cyclops on their yetis. I though if I just run by - nothing will happen, but as soon as I was close cyclops left both yeti-guys and attacked me. No matter how I tried to lure this cyclops back to yeti-guys, no matter how hard yeti-guys hit him, cyclops continue to chase me until he killed me and then my horse (and all I did is just fleeing).

After that yeti-guys couldn't aggro him back at all! He just run straight, until he stuck near rock, trying to pass through. So they just killed him from behind with no resistance.

- How do your game work when no online players around?

Today I lost my Star Butterfly Brig, due to internet DC (I'm not complaining, sometimes sh..t happens) I was in the middle of the ocean, and as far as I saw - there were no damned ships around. Then I hit internet loss for approx 30 minutes, and after I logged in again I found myself in to waters and saw my destroyed ship sinking right in front of me. Also there were no damned ships around. 

So what actually happened while I was gone??? Something appeared and destroyed my ship? And after that my destroyed ship stayed on surface, waiting for me to log it so I could see it goes underwater??? Is that how it works???

I mean, I could understand if something happened with my ship while I was gone, and then I found myself in the water near shipwrecks. But when my ship is waiting for me to sink - it's pretty weird IMAO.

Edited by George Catcher

12 hours ago, George Catcher said:

- How do your game work when no online players around?

Today I lost my Star Butterfly Brig, due to internet DC (I'm not complaining, sometimes sh..t happens) I was in the middle of the ocean, and as far as I saw - there were no damned ships around. Then I hit internet loss for approx 30 minutes, and after I logged in again I found myself in to waters and saw my destroyed ship sinking right in front of me. Also there were no damned ships around. 

So what actually happened while I was gone??? Something appeared and destroyed my ship? And after that my destroyed ship stayed on surface, waiting for me to log it so I could see it goes underwater??? Is that how it works???

I mean, I could understand if something happened with my ship while I was gone, and then I found myself in the water near shipwrecks. But when my ship is waiting for me to sink - it's pretty weird IMAO.

In generall, server goes into stasis when its not rendered. Meaning it saves it current state and continue from there when someone is around again. Doing calculations from when it went to sleep up until current date. Everything happened while offline, will occur now when its rendered again. Tames that died in stasis will get reported to died current date too.

So now you logged in again and rendered the server (part), the server will caculate the water coming into your ship from a leak, and if it would have sunk like 20 min ago, it will let it sink in the moment you render it. Thats also how the server let you jump to a decayed bed, but when you arrive your whole base is there, bc it decayed only when you rendered it.

In your case there are some possibilities as to why your ship sunk.
All will most likely happen while someone passed your ship and rendered the server for some time. Also when you DC, your char is still online for 3 minutes, and the server is active therefore. So maybe your char was triggering following events.
- Storm ->cyclones ->leak
- Sotd ->leak
- normal decay ->leak

- sailing over a whale -> leak

This whole mechanic can be a pain for breeders, bc
- meat get spoild first, babies are only allowed to eat afterwards.
- tames / babies dont heal in stasis
- stuff that dies in stasis dont get propperly reported (no course given)

PS: Use tames for farming. A Rhino gets your flint way more easy, but i have to agree that the changes to hand farming  are a pain.
Eles and giraffes are actually usefull.
Plus points for pink tools tho 😂

Edited by Kummba
  • Like 1

- Storm ->cyclones ->leak

Yeah. That make sense, that's what probably happened because I was right after long sotd fight. I was in the middle of my ship maintenance, when dc occur. So it probably some storms hit my vessel and damaged planks leaked. 

31 - Grog dry out the barrel.

Some weird stuff I noticed.

- I put waterskin and sugar in my barrel.

- I press "create grog"

- I put another waterskin and sugar.

- I press "create grog" again, so second one goes to creation queue. 

- After both grogs were created I didn't put them out. Then in just couple minutes my barrel went from like 3560/4000 to 0/4000.

- But even with 0/4000 water I still can put another waterskin and sugars and create more grog. But drinking doesn't refill my thirst level.

ms4iCnP.jpg

32 - Forever burning grille. 

This one here since EA launch and didn't fix either because it's minor one, or because no one mention it in any feedback. So I decided to do so. Sometimes when campfire, cooking spot, or Grille runs out of fuel, they continue to burn for like forever.

Flame tho doesn't produce any heat, doesn't allow to cook, and there is no way to turn them off, because button just doesn't do anything.

The only way to turn it off and make it work again is just to put there another set of fuel.

25w6LGY.jpg

33 - Crew doesn't wanna shoot.

Yyyyeah, I've got my Ladybug Brig armed a-a-a-a-and, both my crew from both low-deck front cannons just drop their stations instead of shooting. I've tried to replace cannons, switch crew members, but all goes the same way. When I first shoot (or either it's first automated shoot) only 5 cannons are firing. 

(confirmed reason - stone figure head is blocking their stations. Removing stone figure solved problem). 

(Here is pro tip btw. If you tired of bright vivid light from lanterns, use brown dye. Check picture below).

sDRZFpX.jpg

p.s. - I've tried to run totally default 12 cannons Brig and DIDN'T like it at all. With 160% cannons fight way too long, I take hell alot of unnecessary damage from both sides, and I've got just 10 cannons because of issue I mentioned above.

And one more thing.

Imagine I wanna hire better quality crew from shipwreck? With fully equipped ship I have to... just throw my current crew overboard. I mean I know this is just game, and I shouldn't bother, but... it seems wrong for me. I mean sometimes children grow up playing games, and you force them to kill their crewmates to get better... 

34 - Structures that build over treasure spot making all horrible.

Today I've got treasure spawn right below someone's lumberyard. All damned guardians spawned all around but one guy spawned right inside of lumberyard. And this guy was just untouchable. I couldn't hit him with tame or melee weapon. My riffle didn't land a single damage on him as well. All I've left is just watchin this guy, waiting for next wave appear and hope no one will spawn inside lumberyard again.

So please make spawns not appear under players buildings (or... I would mark all spots somehow, through extended HUD info for example, and made them forbidden to build on).

lPeEQCN.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

The front cannons are maybe blocked by the figure head you put on your ship? No iussue on PvP as that is wasted gold^^ I think some of the figure heads cause this collision.

The treasure maps spawns are still very bad... players structures... on high mountains etc. You may use a Crab to grab him out of there... or just leave this map behind, drop it and go next one. It's a low quality so don't worry about. Bug fix is unfortunately not on the list of Dev team.

The front cannons are maybe blocked by the figure head you put on your ship?

It make sense. This "stone figure head" actually blocking hp numbers from couple front planks, and covers half of front gunport doors.

The treasure maps spawns are still very bad... players structures... on high mountains etc.

I even thinking of creating thread about spots devs need to fix (or remove). I'm not gonna put there high cliff ones (altho I really hate them), but sometimes they are underwater, or on cliffs slopes or cliff edges and some serious sh*t happens with guardians. They not spawning, falling through rocks, disappearing, can't hit me, etc. Once I've got a guy at cliff slope and he just floated all way down to cliff bottom, and that was literally half island distance!!!

34 - (suggestion) diagonal crossing near grid's corners???

I've been willing to see this one since EA launch. Each time I move diagonally (with courses like 45, 135, 225 or 315 for example) and hit grids corner, I cross to like neighbor horizontal grid and then before all even fully loads  - cross again to neighbor vertical grid. So I experienced 2 crosses and 2nd one occurs at the moment 1st one still loading...

I mean this is wide scope for all king of game crashes, ship loosing to glitches etc.

So... can you change borders so there would be small area on very corners that allows us to cross diagonal??? 

G1ePBQr.jpg

10 hours ago, George Catcher said:

34 - (suggestion) diagonal crossing near grid's corners???

I've been willing to see this one since EA launch. Each time I move diagonally (with courses like 45, 135, 225 or 315 for example) and hit grids corner, I cross to like neighbor horizontal grid and then before all even fully loads  - cross again to neighbor vertical grid. So I experienced 2 crosses and 2nd one occurs at the moment 1st one still loading...

I mean this is wide scope for all king of game crashes, ship loosing to glitches etc.

So... can you change borders so there would be small area on very corners that allows us to cross diagonal??? 

G1ePBQr.jpg

This square in the corner it would create a separate tile.

I think all map should be made of HEXAGONS, this would reduce the number of crossings as each tile would have borders with 6 other tiles not 4 like is now.

This would also eliminate mainly empty and boring corners that takes ages to sail.

• Like 1

35 - Boxes shows random weight numbers.

DEVs, you do know that all sowed numbers in your game shows totally wrong values? For example I mentioned it here in my past seasons. Now I noticed something weird with my resources box. When I first approach it show totally random numbers of weight. Sometimes it's 2K. Sometimes it's 17K. Sometimes it's 4K. Etc. But if I open this box, the number will match to what it is inside + box weight.

Until I go away/cross, and back to this box. In this case I again see some more random numbers.

9kzmtrT.jpg

36 - No matter what lvl treasure bottles are there is RANDOM DISTANCE needed.

I just wanna mention this again. You'll see why. So here is my story. I must say that all yellow aura bottles, those below lvl-7 are for the beginning. For generic bear tame. After you've got high-lvl Tiger - you only interested in pink ones. After you've level your Tiger, you'll only be interested in lvl12+ bottles. Everything else is just waste of your time. And with current map this is what's happening: 

Do you know how I found island with insane rhino spawn? I came there for treasure...

How did I gather 225 rhino horns for 3 ramming galleys??? I did some rhinocide every time I came the same island for treasure...

How did I do this cool screenshot??? I came the same island for treasure...

Why I extremely rare use tradewinds??? Because I always ride to the same grid for treasure and there are no tradewinds leads there from my base.

Why I didn't complete master cartographer quest? Because I visit same islands for treasures.

Do you know how my map would looks like lately If I we still had fog of war and I did all my lvl12+ treasures? Something like this:

VtQpuGd.jpg

Because with current map, the longest distance from highest maps leads to just couple of grids. From my south island at I10 it leads to C4 or D4. I mean I dug like 150 treasures this season. And like 130 of them were in those couple of grids. I keep sailing there and back. Then there again and back. I'm not using tradewinds because no winds leads there from my grid.

I'm not exploring the world. I'm not experience any adventures. You know what??? I learn the way from my base to C4 and D4 so well so I sometimes don't use sextant. I just learned where do I sail in relation to all islands on my way.

Oh and... sometimes I wait couple of days gathering bottles. Then... I go and do them all at once. And you know what? Today I visit Kummba at B3 for yet another Tiger (my last one disappeared during the travels). Then I visit C4 for 3 treasures and then D4 for yet another 4 treasures. And brought home 11K golds. Just from those couple of grids.

Suggestion is simple. Make bottles leads to totally random locations. It doesn't necessary need the highest to be the farthest. Let it lead to random spawn points all around the Atlas.

(I mean this current issue saving me hell alot of time, because I don't need to sail all around the world to earn golds. But really. Do you need us NOT TO SAIL AROUND THE WORLD?)

MnIQsLL.jpg

If any players reading this thread, then all will be laughing freaking loud reading my next message. Because this was probably most epic bugfix ever.

37 - AOTD no longer spawn inside buildings. They crushing whole server throwing all players offline instead!

So yeah. That's basically how it works now.

- I approach the island. There is some threshold distance to this treasure spawn point. Like 500 meters or so (I was about to lower sails for approach).

- I go ashore and approach treasure spawn light pillar. Then I see it's inside someone's building.

- The moment I get close enough for AOTD spawn - nothing is happening.

- It just whole server stops. No one can perform any action.

- After a while every players on the server bein thrown out (with "host connection timeout" message) and sever goes offline for a minute.

- After a minute it goes back online, rewind all back to the moment I was crossing threshold I mentioned above.

- Well. Yeah. You fixed it. They no longer spawns inside buildings. But... errrr... is that's how you want it to work? So they just crush server instead???

XGJrb2T.jpg

38 - New Hammer and old graphic.

Just noticed - when you wear new armor fixing hammer, it show old wooden hammer in your menu slot.

EZzbw1O.jpg

I actually kinda don't like all these tools graphic attached to pathfinder. It just doesn't look cool.