Sign in to follow this  
Moxie man

Farms

Is it just me or is farms broken right now not collecting wood or honey or anything besides fiber and coconuts. Yes metall Lumber sap is all around it

3 hours ago, Moxie man said:

Is it just me or is farms broken right now not collecting wood or honey or anything besides fiber and coconuts. Yes metall Lumber sap is all around it

Not just you. The only question is if this is a bug or a feature. Some are saying this is a change by Grapeshot to force people to use all the collecting buildings. However there have been no announcements and it's not in the patch notes. Then again, if it's a purposeful change then I could see them not announcing it because it's such a shitty change.

• Like 2

and they autostop for no reason...

Edited by photek

I'm curious if bps for farms fixes the sad state of them gathering jack shit. I'm super salty about this farm situation. Fibers and fruit? Really!!? A stone farm house is an over priced outhouse!

1 hour ago, Motor said:

I'm curious if bps for farms fixes the sad state of them gathering jack shit. I'm super salty about this farm situation. Fibers and fruit? Really!!? A stone farm house is an over priced outhouse!

No, per Conch...

ConchToday at 11:41 AM

Omitted from original change notes: Farmhouse collect Vegetables, Fiber, Cooking Herbs and berries. No metal, stone or wood is intended.

22 hours ago, Motor said:

Mines only collect metal from metal nodes not from rocks.

my mine does collect metal from normal rocks, it depends if the normal rock contains metal or not, i am on another island now that has stones but no metal in it, but a bunch of full metal nodes

Edited by photek

16 hours ago, Motor said:

yea overpriced for sure...

and the thing is now you need at least 4 free spots for farmstructures

------------

last season they bugged hard, i had journeyman mines and lumberyards, i think 200% storage and gather rate

they capped at 10% storage capacity...

propably the gather rate is so slow right now because they want you to get better mines lumberyards and quarys

i hate those stealth changes tho...

this is the only issue atm for me, i love the new patch so far. (besides the fact that you need to claim a lot of space in lawless because of the need of having 4 farmstructures, and atm it looks like there is not even room for all farmstructures on small islands wich is an issue, my suggestion would be ofc, change the range of farmstructures if you rly want to have overpriced farmhouses that collect fiber only and the rest of the structures gather at a reduced rate until you have somthing better...)

Edited by photek

Mines collect metal from rocks. Just there are some rocks with "extended hud info" shows that they have metal in em, but they don't.

Well i see farmhouse changes have very high impact to PVE players which are solo playing. They now have to farm again. Positive would be that breeders now can sell tames again for people that need to farm faster.

I myself got easy to 6 farm structures as settler on a PvP island until i can join the main tribe. My biggest issue: I have so less resources with 30% taxes that i can't start any trades because i don't have any resources for that. If all 5 connected gathering building would be the old farms collecting everything i would be fine. But now i have 3 mines that only collect metal, 1x farm that collects daily as much fibre like my bear does in 1 minute!!!! and 2 lumberyards that collect daily as much as i myself can gather in 25 minutes with one bear and 2 metal axes.(3x mines because the island does not have only metal nodes)

I think i will replace the farmhouse with another lumberyard. Bad is that there is no building collecting resin(any kind of sugar) and also coal will not be gathered... there is no reason for Devs to do this change. But they are mad about the players that did not build that much mines and lumberyards as farms were much more effective.

The main company is busy getting tames like elephants, girafes and rhinos the hole weekend as the gather buildings are not doing their job(like last season). People are doing treasure maps even if they are grey with 60 gold to level up and just to get some gold for shooners. It will be long time until solo players can build a Brig by only gathering gold from the "main income" trading routes/marked.

@photek hopefully that bug with improved gather buildings was fixed... but as long i lack that much on resources i will not check if the capacity can be filled above 100% as my buildings do not reach the 10% filling. Good thing is that lumberyards can run like 2 days until they are completely filled if not connected to warehouse.

Well as i figure out with Geroge Catcher last Season it was pretty easy to set up trades between players that get you about 10k gold per day. From PvP i heared amounts of 80-100k per day. So there where companys that bought daily 4-5 Dragon tokens to tame and attack because gold had no value.

So yes, changes for solo Players are bad but for large companys it got more difficult as well. But large companys can have much better progress of course. I guess lots of Players have finished the rush to Power Stones already and also the Yeti was killed yesterday to optain the powerfull skill "Harvest Boost" which is very important on the PvP servers after the wipe. Maybe even some did already kill the kraken v1. But i heard only rumors that one company had already the gold to build a galleon(to have 40-50 guys shooting with carabine).

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1