Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Patch 524.10 - Trade Winds Major Update

Alright one more thing. My windmill gather just berries and fiber. It surrounded by stones and trees and it doesn't gather any wood, stones, flint and metal anymore. If you made it on purpose then windmill goes to useless state in terms of trading (it just gather a single resource for trade).

Edited by George Catcher

5 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Alright one more thing. My windmill gather just berries and fiber. It surrounded by stones and trees and it doesn't gather any wood, stones, flint and metal anymore. If you made it on purpose then windmill goes to useless state in terms of trading (it just gather a single resource for trade).

yea a little info would have been nice...

so same here, 1 stone farmhouse wasted, only berries and fiber...

and the other farmstructures gather so slow wtf...

Edited by photek
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 8:44 PM, ATLAS said:

New System: Modular Ship Railing Customization
The first step of the Modular Ship Customization system allows pathfinders to swap Railing Modules on the Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken. All Railing Modules can be crafted in the Smithy after learning the required skill.
Each type of Railing Module costs a certain number of Module Points to place. Placing a Railing Module will consume points from the ship's Module Point Pool. If a less expensive Railing Module replaces a more costly one, the unused points are made available for use in the ship's Module Point Pool. In future patches, higher quality railing blueprints may be found.

• A ship must be anchored in order to swap modules
  • Total Module Points
    • Ramming Galley: 43
    • Majestic Kraken: 40
  • Railing Modules
    • Ship Railing and Ship Railing (Kraken)
      • Standard Railing Module with no additional functionality
      • Health: Undamageable
      • Module Point Cost: 0
      • Required Skill: Intermediate Shipwright
      • Crafting Resources: 100 Wood, 85 Thatch, 50 Fiber
    • Ship Cannon Railing and Ship Cannon Railing (Kraken)
      • Railing Module armed with two standard Cannons
      • Health: 5,000
      • Module Point Cost: 3
      • Required Skill: Gunports
      • Crafting Resources: 150 Wood, 100 Thatch, 70 Fiber, 60 Alloy, 50 Hide
    • Ship Large Cannon Railing and Ship Large Cannon Railing (Kraken)
      • Railing Module armed with one Large Cannon
      • Required Skill: Bigger Cannon Studies
      • Crafting Resources: 180 Wood, 85 Thatch, 75 Fiber, 48 Alloy, 35 Hide
    • Ship Ballista Railing and Ship Ballista Railing (Kraken)
      • Railing Module armed with two Ballistas
      • Required Skill: Siege Studies
      • Crafting Resources: 550 Wood, 225 Thatch, 250 Fiber, 98 Alloy, 180 Stone
    • Ship Catapult Railing and Ship Catapult Railing (Kraken)
      • Railing Module armed with one Catapult
      • Required Skill: Siege Studies
      • Crafting Resources: 500 Wood, 180 Thatch, 50 Fiber, 140 Alloy, 340 Stone, 70 Hide
    • Cargo Rack Ship Railing and Cargo Rack Ship Railing (Kraken)
      • Health: 16,000
      • Module Point Cost: 2
      • Required Skill: Secrets of Building
      • Crafting Resources: 450 Wood, 85 Thatch, 350 Fiber, 68 Metal, 72 Hide
    • Diving Platform Ship Railing and Diving Platform Ship Railing (Kraken)
      • Health: 12,000
      • Module Point Cost: 1
      • Required Skill: Secrets of Piracy
      • Crafting Resources: 360 Wood, 85 Thatch, 190 Fiber, 62 Metal, 46 Hide
    • Dinghy Hangar Ship Railing and Dinghy Hangar Ship Railing (Kraken)
      • Health: 12,000
      • Module Point Cost: 1
      • Required Skill: Dinghy Dock
      • Crafting Resources: 310 Wood, 85 Thatch, 130 Fiber, 14 Metal, 28 Hide
  • NOTE: Currently, Kraken Railing Modules are only compatible with the Majestic Kraken and Standard Railing Modules are only compatible with the Ramming Galley

The module point system is currently bugged, I was only able to place a Diving Attachment (1 point), and 3 Cannon Rails (9 points), before it said I was out of points. I'm no math wiz but last time I checked 1+3+3+3 is not 40. The problem seems to be the game thinks a fresh Kraken ship is starting with 30 points already filled. Personally I think you should do away with the point system and just let people attach what they want. 

Also the Kraken would only let me attach a diving attachment at one spot and nowhere else. I haven't had time to test other attachments on the Kraken. Anyway, I like the idea of the module system but the execution needs work. 

Is the trade winds map only available for official servers? me and my friends play a non-dedicated and we exported are pirates to start over on the new map but when I wiped the save and restarted it we were still on the same map it just wiped the progress on it.

5991F614FA1D83FA020C4DFCD24D3838F44F5D0F

As you can see, this is a fresh Kraken with no modules and already 30 out of 40 points are used. How does this make sense? I'm assuming this is a bug. 

7 hours ago, Warspectre said:

5991F614FA1D83FA020C4DFCD24D3838F44F5D0F

As you can see, this is a fresh Kraken with no modules and already 30 out of 40 points are used. How does this make sense? I'm assuming this is a bug. 

Ship must be anchored?

4 hours ago, McDangles said:

Ship must be anchored?

That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about, trust me, it doesn't gain or lose module points based on being anchored. Apparently you just looked at the screenshot without reading my post. 

On 4/30/2021 at 1:00 AM, Motor said:

Farmhouses are worthless. They only collect fibers and fruit. Mines are worthless unless you find a metal node. Won't collect metal from stones. Haven't even wasted my time building any other gathering modules. I can gather everything by hand more efficiently. Why? Who thinks this is a step forward? Now I'm a caveman beating on rocks for hours. Unbelievable. What's the point of the stone farm house? I'm baffled. I didn't know the farm houses were broken, but they are now.

Yeah, I'm not impressed. I feel like this makes it even harder for small/solo players. If we're gonna do this then have farmhouse do it all, but at like 10% of the specialized harvesters. Then make a new harvester for plants separate from the farmhouse. 

3 hours ago, Juddo said:

Yeah, I'm not impressed. I feel like this makes it even harder for small/solo players. If we're gonna do this then have farmhouse do it all, but at like 10% of the specialized harvesters. Then make a new harvester for plants separate from the farmhouse. 

Or they could just use the wooden farmhouse (just change the name) as they are and then upgrade the stone farms to do everything but at a reduced rate like you said.

Edited by SirGrimalot

Ok, today I for the 1st time ride a tradewing.

Just if you curious about speed - 25% loaded sloop with common mid-speedsail goes 25knots.

Speed increased at center, and decreased to 22knots and lower depends on how close you to the edges. To make me see things better (due to sloop is really low) I had to sail with my LMB hold most of my time.

1bbUwUk.jpg

Can you please explain me why i should play Atlas with claim towers in the game ? Everything i build will be stolen offline by any naked beach bob with a claim tower within a few minutes.

So, if farmhouses no longer gather mineral resources of any kind, and there have been no changes to the functionality of mines or quarries... then we need something that can gather OIL (crude, shale, naphtha, etc.) and COAL (sulfur, nitre, etc.).

Either add something like an oil derrick,  or add these resources to the mines and/or quarries.

Having to go back to manual gathering of this stuff is a step backwards, given GS' stated goal of getting companies to spend more time at sea.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:44 PM, SirGrimalot said:

Or they could just use the wooden farmhouse (just change the name) as they are and then upgrade the stone farms to do everything but at a reduced rate like you said.

i like your thinking 😄

The changes of farmhouse are not nice from Player view. We got something that made our lifes much easier, especially for solo players.

But now they have taken this away from us. Of course we are upset. The question remains why did they do it?

1. They did not like that players did only use farmhouse -> why they put that effort in new buildings that nearly nobody did use -> make players have to use them

2. They figure out the "main gold income" was way too much to reduce ship amount and especially PvP Players bought way to much Dragon Tokens to make PvP land/air fight to counter enemy safe basses on high mountains. -> it was suggested to change the islands mountain height but you just manage to change building height restriction... lame new map we were exited about.

3. The Devs had a big problem with the "buffer overflow server outage" caused by the insane ammount of trades the Players created to gain as much gold as possible from the (passive)system.

Consequence:

They needed to lower the resource income from farms(nerfed farm house income 75%) and removed option to gather coal, oil and saps. But if Players farm resoures by Hand they also needed to lower the amount of possible trades. The maybe increased capacity of the trade ships does not count very much as you only earn gold by trading. So it's simple everybody trading 1:1 like before. While on PvE lawless you have lots of different resources arount and you trade metal for metal on PvP you set trades between your own markets and build circles of trading. For my market that means in PVE last Season i had always about 400-500 trades running with 2 farms. Now i have 2-5 trades running at the same time which give me 12-24 gold each.(I am currently solo playing and don't have second warehouse to trade with myself so i trade to random strangers on PvP which is much worse than on PVE).

But good news for Devs: We build lumberjard, mine and querry now and there is no large wind mills on the islands left. And also no need to investigate the buffer overflow at the moment. Mission Passed. Respect+

If the Devs would just communicate this to the Players that we understand why you do the change the feedback would maybe be better. I mean there are lots of Players out there that like the change because now we actually need farming tames again. Breeders have more targets than just horses and crows. Make Farmhouse at least gather coal, oil and saps. Or put fiber to the lumberjard and remove the farm at all.

Biggest concern for gold cost is 5k for Shooners... f*ck i hate traveling sloops with 3-5knots. That is ok if you start from freeport but a Shooner should be lower gold costs. Maybe change it to 1000 gold if you don't want 0. I just had to travel 2,5 grids to freeport to get some NPCs for my Balistas to make the whale quests... the journey took me from 19:00 to 22:45 with a medium handling sail and half weight sloop. I had to drive north but you know around prime time EU 20:00 the wind is blowing from west with lowest speed...everyday....always same time.... always same wind... PRIME TIME.... GG

So now i have sloop, Balista and NPC and settled in Thundra i only need to travel west 4 grids to reach polar grids... again prime time low wind speed, wind is blowing straight in my face... journey time without hunting whale = 8 hours.

Edited by Nacona
  • Like 1

If the Devs would just communicate this to the Players that we understand why you do the change the feedback would maybe be better.

Yeah. I still wanna hear something about the map.

- Did they do grids around freeport - old fashion lawless, and some other grids new claimable lawless for purpose?

- Or maybe they gonna fix it and turn all grids around freeports to claimable lawless as well?

Did they remove the braindead claim towers meanwhile ?

Pointless to play solo or with a small crew as long as these are in the game.

why ?

Naked beach bob with a claim tower is passing by -> all of your galleons and bases that you built up in months are gone in a few minutes.

Full trash patch.

this game is getting from bad to worse every time there is a update:S wtf is wrong with the biomes cant plant seeds anymore, and were are the fucking seeds. fix the game and fucking lose the new ship system